The Houston Zoo, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > The Houston Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
One of the most interesting things to do is ordering a painting made by one of the elephants or orangutans. The experience is not expensive at all, costs $500. For this fee you can chose the colors, watch the paining process and take the picture home.
Inside the Houston Zoo there is Children's Zoo where the little ones - the adults as well - can pet the animals and even feed them. There are chicken and gees, baby goats and all sorts of cute creatures. You can also ride a very nice carousel in the Zoo for a small fee of about $3, the kids and even yourself will like it.
6200 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77030, USA
March to November: 9AM - 7PM
November to March: 9AM - 6PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Natural Science in HoustonIt is perfect if you are with kids, but you must go anyway. One of the best museums I have ever seen. They have a lot of cool exhibitions, no wonder there are so many people all the time. Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the [...]D: 20.1mi00
- NASA Johnson Space CenterI went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't see everything for the lack of time, but we would definitely go back again. There are [...]D: 40.8mi00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Rothko Chapel in HoustonRothko Chapel is a wonderful place. It was founded in 1970 by Dominique and John Menil. The chapel does not belong to any denomination, or better to say it belongs to all. It's mission is to unite people of different believes and make peace [...]D: 18.1mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Using the metro is the best and fastest way to get around Moscow, although it might prove to be difficult to understand how things work. Metro...
Public Transportation: Use the Metro
The Best hotels in Birmingham affordable extended stay lodging accommodations for business and family travelers at a affordable rate. If you are...
General: The Best Hotels in Birmingham For Your Budget
Atlantic City, New Jersey
To get the best view of Atlantic City, you have to climb The Absecon Lighthouse which has 228 steps overall. The view from up there is spectacular...
Sightseeing: The Absecon Lighthouse
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Found in Hollywood, this restaurant serves Armenian food, which is a refreshing new thing in an American environment. We had to try out this...
Food: Hollywood Grill in Fort Lauderdale
Rippley's Odditorium is not a collection of artifacts, and despite having dinosaur bones and mummies on display, it can't be said to be educational...
Sightseeing: Rippley's Odditorium in oOrlando
This Museum is truly amazing. There are so many things to see, the museum focusing on several subjects ranging from art to history. We took part...
History & Culture: Phoenix Art Museum