The Houston Zoo, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > The Houston Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
One of the most interesting things to do is ordering a painting made by one of the elephants or orangutans. The experience is not expensive at all, costs $500. For this fee you can chose the colors, watch the paining process and take the picture home.
Inside the Houston Zoo there is Children's Zoo where the little ones - the adults as well - can pet the animals and even feed them. There are chicken and gees, baby goats and all sorts of cute creatures. You can also ride a very nice carousel in the Zoo for a small fee of about $3, the kids and even yourself will like it.
6200 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77030, USA
March to November: 9AM - 7PM
November to March: 9AM - 6PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Williams Water WallThis is only a water wall with water (alliteration here :P) flowing down the walls and steps of the building but it's spectacular. It might seems small at first sight because of the taller surrounding buildings, but it is as high as 20 [...]D: n/a00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Harwin Drive in HoustonHarwin Drive is a great area in Houston. It's in the middle of a district where Indian, Chinese and Pakistani immigrants live and there are a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops. However, the accent is on the shops. There is a huge [...]D: 14.9mi00
- Contemporary Arts MuseumIf you're in for a little contemporary art window-shopping, than it is a great place. I have been to Houston only once, and this museum was the best thing I saw. The building is made of something silvery colored metal and it can be [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Galleria in HoustonGalleria is not a fine arts museum, as the name would suggest, it's an immense mall. They say the Mall of America is larger, but I can't imagine that. If there is something you are looking for and can't find it here, that think probably [...]D: 15.4mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
One of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at...
History & Culture: Plaza de la Revolucion in Havana
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
People don't take trips… trips take people
General: Dreadful Trip
I dare say it is the best place to eat in the whole city. We sat on the terrace and it was very pleasant, although the weather was nice as well. ...
Food: Al Pont De Ferr
If you are Arieseni, I recommend, whether it be summer or winter, a walk to the hole Ruginoasa is very spectacular, constantly expanding, ground...
Outdoors Activities: Trekking in Arieseni
Don't miss out to visit the Black Church and the tower of the city.
History & Culture: Siteseeing in Brasov
Near the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook
General: A little camping
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
Kansas City, Missouri
A place that like a small unique world of dining, shopping and sightseeing inside a city. With a river along by and building resembling historic...
Shopping: Country Club Plaza