Museum of Natural Science in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Museum of Natural Science in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the Africa exhibition and oooh, my favorite, the Butterfly Greenhouse Center. This latter is a huge glass hall with a 10 m waterfall inside. It gives home to a lot - I mean hundreds - of rare, huge and colorful butterflies, among others. If you reach your hand and are lucky, they might even land on your palm.
There is also Paleontology Hall for history lovers, Chemistry hall for science freaks and a lot more amazing exhibitions. many of them are interactive with games, experiments, films and everything you want.
It is not cheap though, so get prepared that only parking will cols about $10. Temporary exhibitions and extras are not included into the normal price and so is the Butterfly Center, which is $8.
1 Hermann Park Ct, Houston, TX 77021, USA
Butterfly Center: $8
Hours vary, but you can find the schedule on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Galleria in HoustonGalleria is not a fine arts museum, as the name would suggest, it's an immense mall. They say the Mall of America is larger, but I can't imagine that. If there is something you are looking for and can't find it here, that think probably [...]D: 15.4mi00
- Hermann Park in HoustonHerman Park is in the heart of Houston and it's a perfect spot for a sunny afternoon. In the center of the park there is a lake with benches on the shore and the Japanese garden - which is part of the park - is a beautiful walking place. [...]D: 19.5mi00
- Harwin Drive in HoustonHarwin Drive is a great area in Houston. It's in the middle of a district where Indian, Chinese and Pakistani immigrants live and there are a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops. However, the accent is on the shops. There is a huge [...]D: 14.9mi00
- San Jacinto Monument and MuseumSan Jacinto is a monument and museum destined to commemorate the bloody war for the Independence of Texas. The place is great and touching, I didn't regret that I made the short, 20 minutes trip from Houston's Downtown. Inside the [...]D: n/a00
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
If you are going to Costa Rica to surf like 95% of the tourist do, then you cant miss Playa Hermosa. This beach has the best breaks in Costa Rica...
Beaches : Playa Hermosa
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
Brewery restaurant Teerenpeli is a great place for drink in Lahti. They brew their on beer and cider. Teerenpeli is also one of the...
Food: Teerenpeli - Best place for a pint
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
Have fun cruising effortlessly through the timeless streets of Florence on the coolest rides of the 21st century. The Segway Tour experience is the...
Sightseeing: Florence Segway Tour
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
Food is excellent and they have the best prices in town during happy hour, many things for $1. Unbeatable. Staff is also great, the environment...
Food: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar and Grille
Fort Worth, Texas
The National Historic District of the city, the Fort Worth Stockyards is a gem of Western culture and entertainment. For the ones who are...
History & Culture: Fort Worth Stockyards
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head