Museum of Natural Science in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Museum of Natural Science in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the Africa exhibition and oooh, my favorite, the Butterfly Greenhouse Center. This latter is a huge glass hall with a 10 m waterfall inside. It gives home to a lot - I mean hundreds - of rare, huge and colorful butterflies, among others. If you reach your hand and are lucky, they might even land on your palm.
There is also Paleontology Hall for history lovers, Chemistry hall for science freaks and a lot more amazing exhibitions. many of them are interactive with games, experiments, films and everything you want.
It is not cheap though, so get prepared that only parking will cols about $10. Temporary exhibitions and extras are not included into the normal price and so is the Butterfly Center, which is $8.
1 Hermann Park Ct, Houston, TX 77021, USA
Butterfly Center: $8
Hours vary, but you can find the schedule on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
- Rothko Chapel in HoustonRothko Chapel is a wonderful place. It was founded in 1970 by Dominique and John Menil. The chapel does not belong to any denomination, or better to say it belongs to all. It's mission is to unite people of different believes and make peace [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Reliant Stadium and the Houston TexansThe Texans, Houston's beloved and very popular football team. They are members of the National Football League (NFL)and really very much adored, so you better don't mess with a local about the team. ;) Reliant Stadium is new and huge!!! [...]D: 20.8mi00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Williams Water WallThis is only a water wall with water (alliteration here :P) flowing down the walls and steps of the building but it's spectacular. It might seems small at first sight because of the taller surrounding buildings, but it is as high as 20 [...]D: n/a00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
Book your bus tickets online, A/C, Volvo, Semi-deluxe and get best discount offers anywhere in India at Elegant holidays & tours. Hurry up, offer...
Public Transportation: Online Bus Ticket Booking
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
Brukenthal Museum was founded by Joseph Bruckenthal, the governor of the city during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The museum has more buildings,...
History & Culture: Brukenthal Museum
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
New York, New York
What I like best when I am in New York is walking around. I walk from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up North to Grand Central Station....
General: Walking around
I've never been on a hot air balloon and most certainly never been in the air with it, so taking part at the Tucson Balloon Rides was the most...
Sightseeing: Tucson Balloon Rides
Hong Kong, China
The world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze,...
History & Culture: The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island