Museum of Natural Science in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Museum of Natural Science in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the Africa exhibition and oooh, my favorite, the Butterfly Greenhouse Center. This latter is a huge glass hall with a 10 m waterfall inside. It gives home to a lot - I mean hundreds - of rare, huge and colorful butterflies, among others. If you reach your hand and are lucky, they might even land on your palm.
There is also Paleontology Hall for history lovers, Chemistry hall for science freaks and a lot more amazing exhibitions. many of them are interactive with games, experiments, films and everything you want.
It is not cheap though, so get prepared that only parking will cols about $10. Temporary exhibitions and extras are not included into the normal price and so is the Butterfly Center, which is $8.
1 Hermann Park Ct, Houston, TX 77021, USA
Butterfly Center: $8
Hours vary, but you can find the schedule on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Contemporary Arts MuseumIf you're in for a little contemporary art window-shopping, than it is a great place. I have been to Houston only once, and this museum was the best thing I saw. The building is made of something silvery colored metal and it can be [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
- Williams Water WallThis is only a water wall with water (alliteration here :P) flowing down the walls and steps of the building but it's spectacular. It might seems small at first sight because of the taller surrounding buildings, but it is as high as 20 [...]D: n/a00
- Sierra Grill in HoustonSierra Grill is a great representative of TexMex cuisine with a very nice local rustic style. It is very friendly and you can, of course wear anything you want, maybe except for huge cowboy hats. :) I tried the chili crusted tuna made [...]D: 18.6mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rocket steamer cruise to mongla for sundarbans expeditions This trip cover the sundarbans wildlife sanctuary into the best scenic beautiful canal ...
Sightseeing: Vacation to Bangladesh in summer ( July - August )
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
This is Antoni Gaudi's finest creation. It's an epic church topped with 4 spires ascending to the heavens. Despite still being under...
Sightseeing: La Sagrada Familia
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Muckross Estate is something you must see if you are in Killarney, although it is out of the city, some 2-3 miles from the city center. Take a tour...
History & Culture: Muckross Estate
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Es gibt einen super Zirkus in den man umbedingt reingehen sollte. Dort sind viele Tiere und Artisten.
Family & Fun: Zirkus in Tjumen
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably