Museum of Natural Science in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Museum of Natural Science in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the Africa exhibition and oooh, my favorite, the Butterfly Greenhouse Center. This latter is a huge glass hall with a 10 m waterfall inside. It gives home to a lot - I mean hundreds - of rare, huge and colorful butterflies, among others. If you reach your hand and are lucky, they might even land on your palm.
There is also Paleontology Hall for history lovers, Chemistry hall for science freaks and a lot more amazing exhibitions. many of them are interactive with games, experiments, films and everything you want.
It is not cheap though, so get prepared that only parking will cols about $10. Temporary exhibitions and extras are not included into the normal price and so is the Butterfly Center, which is $8.
1 Hermann Park Ct, Houston, TX 77021, USA
Butterfly Center: $8
Hours vary, but you can find the schedule on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Williams Water WallThis is only a water wall with water (alliteration here :P) flowing down the walls and steps of the building but it's spectacular. It might seems small at first sight because of the taller surrounding buildings, but it is as high as 20 [...]D: n/a00
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
- The Houston ZooHouston Zoo is easily accessible as it is very close to other popular places of the city like the Hermann Park or the Museum district. Naturally, they have a lot of animals but as I have observed, they have unusually many baby animals as [...]D: 19.5mi00
- Contemporary Arts MuseumIf you're in for a little contemporary art window-shopping, than it is a great place. I have been to Houston only once, and this museum was the best thing I saw. The building is made of something silvery colored metal and it can be [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Sierra Grill in HoustonSierra Grill is a great representative of TexMex cuisine with a very nice local rustic style. It is very friendly and you can, of course wear anything you want, maybe except for huge cowboy hats. :) I tried the chili crusted tuna made [...]D: 18.6mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Kirkland House cheap accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for business men’s and other people need to...
Food: Accommodation brisbane
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
If you want to spend the night at a cool location in Augsburg, where good music is played, you have to visit the 'Mahagoni Bar'. There is even a...
Night Life & Entertainment: Mahagoni Bar
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
In Langenargen there is a beautiful castle.
General: Visit the beautiful castle
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
These tombs of Queens are one of the finest examples of the architectural beauty in the walled city of Ahmedabad but interestingly this area...
History & Culture: Rani no Hajiro
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Though a little bit expensive, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is a major attraction for those who love country music. To those who are...
History & Culture: Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum