Museum of Natural Science in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Museum of Natural Science in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the Africa exhibition and oooh, my favorite, the Butterfly Greenhouse Center. This latter is a huge glass hall with a 10 m waterfall inside. It gives home to a lot - I mean hundreds - of rare, huge and colorful butterflies, among others. If you reach your hand and are lucky, they might even land on your palm.
There is also Paleontology Hall for history lovers, Chemistry hall for science freaks and a lot more amazing exhibitions. many of them are interactive with games, experiments, films and everything you want.
It is not cheap though, so get prepared that only parking will cols about $10. Temporary exhibitions and extras are not included into the normal price and so is the Butterfly Center, which is $8.
1 Hermann Park Ct, Houston, TX 77021, USA
Butterfly Center: $8
Hours vary, but you can find the schedule on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Reliant Stadium and the Houston TexansThe Texans, Houston's beloved and very popular football team. They are members of the National Football League (NFL)and really very much adored, so you better don't mess with a local about the team. ;) Reliant Stadium is new and huge!!! [...]D: 20.8mi00
- Sierra Grill in HoustonSierra Grill is a great representative of TexMex cuisine with a very nice local rustic style. It is very friendly and you can, of course wear anything you want, maybe except for huge cowboy hats. :) I tried the chili crusted tuna made [...]D: 18.6mi00
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The English Garden is one of the world's largest parks. It's the largest park in Germany and a wonderful hangout for people trying to get a break...
Outdoors Activities: English Garden (Englischer Garten)
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
It's one of the most popular symbols of Vilnius and even Lithuania. Howerer, just one tower survided until our days. It now houses a...
History & Culture: Gediminas Castle
Badiatravel Inbound Agency based in Tripoli
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
I'm not sure how much someone who isn't remotely interested in trains will like this, but if you have even a passing interests in railroads,...
History & Culture: International Trolley and Train Museum