Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Contemporary Arts MuseumIf you're in for a little contemporary art window-shopping, than it is a great place. I have been to Houston only once, and this museum was the best thing I saw. The building is made of something silvery colored metal and it can be [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- Harwin Drive in HoustonHarwin Drive is a great area in Houston. It's in the middle of a district where Indian, Chinese and Pakistani immigrants live and there are a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops. However, the accent is on the shops. There is a huge [...]D: 14.9mi00
- Museum of Natural Science in HoustonIt is perfect if you are with kids, but you must go anyway. One of the best museums I have ever seen. They have a lot of cool exhibitions, no wonder there are so many people all the time. Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the [...]D: 20.1mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
To eat in an affordable and cozy place is what every visitor could ask for. The Bistro du Quartier was such a place. The food was great and not...
Food: Bistro du Quartier
Hi friend Ivisited chennai last month and found that chennai is a cool place. I got a rental car from one of the popular car service provider,...
Public Transportation: Travel to chennai in your own luxury car
If you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike...
Sightseeing: Heureka Science Centre
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Featuring Indian cuisine the Tanduri Fusion Indian Restaurant serves excellent traditional and Americanized food. We went there one day for dinner...
Food: Tanduri Fusion Indian Restaurant
A history museum that lives. There is nothing more interesting and engaging than traveling back in time, and at the Old Cowtown Museum that is what...
History & Culture: Old Cowtown Museum