Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Harwin Drive in HoustonHarwin Drive is a great area in Houston. It's in the middle of a district where Indian, Chinese and Pakistani immigrants live and there are a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops. However, the accent is on the shops. There is a huge [...]D: 14.9mi00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- San Jacinto Monument and MuseumSan Jacinto is a monument and museum destined to commemorate the bloody war for the Independence of Texas. The place is great and touching, I didn't regret that I made the short, 20 minutes trip from Houston's Downtown. Inside the [...]D: n/a00
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Ulm there is a big shop for furniture called 'IKEA'. You can find there basically everything you would need. If you know IKEA, especially if...
General: IKEA - shop for furniture
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
Badiatravel Inbound Agency based in Tripoli
According to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth...
History & Culture: Shwedagon Pagoda
There is a place in Bakersfield which is quite perfect for a special night out with your partner or your family and that is Buck Owens' Crystal...
History & Culture: Buck Owens' Crystal Palace
Belen, New Mexico
Built around 1908 the historic Belen Harvey House Dining Room is now a museum. Overlooking the Belen rail switchyard it attracts train enthusiasts...
History & Culture: Harvey House Museum
Charlotte, North Carolina
Interactive, interconnected and entertaining activities, movies and exhibitions can be found the in the Discovery Place in uptown Charlotte. Kids...
Family & Fun: Discovery Place
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
A stunningly and emotionally intense museum, the Oklahoma City National Memorial should not be missed. The museum is beautiful both in the daytime...
History & Culture: Oklahoma City National Memorial