Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
- NASA Johnson Space CenterI went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't see everything for the lack of time, but we would definitely go back again. There are [...]D: 40.8mi00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
- Williams Water WallThis is only a water wall with water (alliteration here :P) flowing down the walls and steps of the building but it's spectacular. It might seems small at first sight because of the taller surrounding buildings, but it is as high as 20 [...]D: n/a00
- Sierra Grill in HoustonSierra Grill is a great representative of TexMex cuisine with a very nice local rustic style. It is very friendly and you can, of course wear anything you want, maybe except for huge cowboy hats. :) I tried the chili crusted tuna made [...]D: 18.6mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you intend to visit munich around the Oktoberfest, book your hotel much earlier. Because the rooms are realy rare during that period. Dont...
Night Life & Entertainment: Oktoberfest
Liverpool, United Kingdom
The Liverpool Cathedral is an amazing experience for everyone. It has a lot of attractions, exhibitions that you must see and experience if you are...
History & Culture: The Liverpool Cathedral
The National Park is huge and beautiful. It is right next to the city, so you can easily reach it wherever in Killarney you would be. The Park...
Outdoors Activities: Killarney National Park
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Located in downtown Cleveland on lake Erie, the USS Cod Submarine Memorial is dedicated to the vessel which has sinked thousands of Japanese ships...
History & Culture: USS Cod Submarine Memorial
Los Angeles, California
Six Flags Magic Mountain is the place to go if you are crazy about speed and heights. Magic Mountain boasts a massive number of thrills and rides....
Night Life & Entertainment: Six Flags Magic Mountain und Hurricane Harbor
I’ve been to many tours, visited many places, went even diving once but meeting and playing with the dolphins in the Seaquarium was the best...
Family & Fun: Dolphin Harbor in the Miami Seaquarium
Another part from downtown which features local shops, restaurants and homes is Stockton's Miracle Mile which can give you a glimpse of into...
Night Life & Entertainment: Stockton's Miracle Mile