Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Natural Science in HoustonIt is perfect if you are with kids, but you must go anyway. One of the best museums I have ever seen. They have a lot of cool exhibitions, no wonder there are so many people all the time. Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the [...]D: 20.1mi00
- Galleria in HoustonGalleria is not a fine arts museum, as the name would suggest, it's an immense mall. They say the Mall of America is larger, but I can't imagine that. If there is something you are looking for and can't find it here, that think probably [...]D: 15.4mi00
- NASA Johnson Space CenterI went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't see everything for the lack of time, but we would definitely go back again. There are [...]D: 40.8mi00
- San Jacinto Monument and MuseumSan Jacinto is a monument and museum destined to commemorate the bloody war for the Independence of Texas. The place is great and touching, I didn't regret that I made the short, 20 minutes trip from Houston's Downtown. Inside the [...]D: n/a00
- The Houston ZooHouston Zoo is easily accessible as it is very close to other popular places of the city like the Hermann Park or the Museum district. Naturally, they have a lot of animals but as I have observed, they have unusually many baby animals as [...]D: 19.5mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Next Saturday, March 3, will kick off the Lual the Falls and innovative format, which promises to be a new option to ride in Niagara Falls that are...
General: Don´t Miss II
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Brasov is one of the most beautiful cities of Romania. In the past few years its face has changed dramatically-into a European looking-like city....
Sightseeing: 21st century Brasov-Kronstadt
Using the metro is the best and fastest way to get around Moscow, although it might prove to be difficult to understand how things work. Metro...
Public Transportation: Use the Metro
Denver is called the Arts Capital of the West which means that you can visit hundreds of museums and galleries while staying here.
History & Culture: Denver, the Arts Capital of the West
I have never seen a house from which only the pillars remained after it burned down. When I saw the mansion in rural Lauderdale County I was amazed...
History & Culture: Forks of Cypress, a Mysterious Plantation
Raleigh, North Carolina
Though a huge art gallery, it has some unique taste to it, and it gives you a bit of inspiration, the Artspace in Raleigh is quite enjoyable. The...
History & Culture: Artspace
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?