Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
- Harwin Drive in HoustonHarwin Drive is a great area in Houston. It's in the middle of a district where Indian, Chinese and Pakistani immigrants live and there are a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops. However, the accent is on the shops. There is a huge [...]D: 14.9mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
In the cave the temperature is about 7 Celsius, wear tick clothes
General: Wear tick clothes
Anyone visiting Moscow will certainly need to go see the Red Square with the Kreml in the back. This is an amazing site simply because of it's...
Sightseeing: Red Square
Saint Petersburg, Russia
If you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved...
Food: Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurant
A small, but that more precious museum right on First Street. The Fresno Art Museum gives you more than you could expect with its friendly customer...
History & Culture: Fresno Art Museum
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets