Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Contemporary Arts MuseumIf you're in for a little contemporary art window-shopping, than it is a great place. I have been to Houston only once, and this museum was the best thing I saw. The building is made of something silvery colored metal and it can be [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- NASA Johnson Space CenterI went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't see everything for the lack of time, but we would definitely go back again. There are [...]D: 40.8mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
We wanted to take some pictures of Istanbul so we decided to go up the Galata Tower and have a glimpse of the city. The view from up there is...
Sightseeing: Galata Tower
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe