Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Harwin Drive in HoustonHarwin Drive is a great area in Houston. It's in the middle of a district where Indian, Chinese and Pakistani immigrants live and there are a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops. However, the accent is on the shops. There is a huge [...]D: 14.9mi00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
- San Jacinto Monument and MuseumSan Jacinto is a monument and museum destined to commemorate the bloody war for the Independence of Texas. The place is great and touching, I didn't regret that I made the short, 20 minutes trip from Houston's Downtown. Inside the [...]D: n/a00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense.
General: Shopping in the city center
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
If you are historically interested, you should visit the roman germanic museum of cologne. It has got to offer you a huge variety of roman remnants...
General: Visit the roman germanic museum
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
Ostia Antica, Italy
Ostia was originally a military camp, from which Rome could be both protected and controlled and defended as well as the maritime trade. With the...
General: Ancient harbour city Ostia
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Originally a mining town, Chiufen is a like a little gem on a hill. Thanks to its location, you get a beautiful view of the surroundings, with a...
The Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential...
History & Culture: Hat Museum in Portland
Halong Bay Vietnam is recognized as the famous World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1994 and the New 7 Wonders of Nature voted by the tourists over the...
Sightseeing: Halong Bay Tours