Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
- The Houston ZooHouston Zoo is easily accessible as it is very close to other popular places of the city like the Hermann Park or the Museum district. Naturally, they have a lot of animals but as I have observed, they have unusually many baby animals as [...]D: 19.5mi00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- Sierra Grill in HoustonSierra Grill is a great representative of TexMex cuisine with a very nice local rustic style. It is very friendly and you can, of course wear anything you want, maybe except for huge cowboy hats. :) I tried the chili crusted tuna made [...]D: 18.6mi00
- Galleria in HoustonGalleria is not a fine arts museum, as the name would suggest, it's an immense mall. They say the Mall of America is larger, but I can't imagine that. If there is something you are looking for and can't find it here, that think probably [...]D: 15.4mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
This is something you really shouldn't miss. This open air museum is only 2 km from the city and is huge. There are houses exposed, original...
Outdoors Activities: Museum of Traditional Folk Civilisation
Serving tasty home-made Greek specialties, Myra's Dionysus restaurant is a small, friendly place to eat. They have a huge list of daily soups,...
Food: Myra's Dionysus
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
Located in the downtown area, and easily accessible from all major roads in the city, the Toledo Mud Hens Ballpark, namely Fifth Third Field, is a...
Sports & Wellness : Toledo Mud Hens Ballpark