Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Reliant Stadium and the Houston TexansThe Texans, Houston's beloved and very popular football team. They are members of the National Football League (NFL)and really very much adored, so you better don't mess with a local about the team. ;) Reliant Stadium is new and huge!!! [...]D: 20.8mi00
- San Jacinto Monument and MuseumSan Jacinto is a monument and museum destined to commemorate the bloody war for the Independence of Texas. The place is great and touching, I didn't regret that I made the short, 20 minutes trip from Houston's Downtown. Inside the [...]D: n/a00
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
Long Beach, California
Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, this beautiful museum is like a hidden gem in a busy seafront city. The Long Beach Museum of Art has a wide variety...
History & Culture: Long Beach Museum of Art