Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Reliant Stadium and the Houston TexansThe Texans, Houston's beloved and very popular football team. They are members of the National Football League (NFL)and really very much adored, so you better don't mess with a local about the team. ;) Reliant Stadium is new and huge!!! [...]D: 20.8mi00
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Contemporary Arts MuseumIf you're in for a little contemporary art window-shopping, than it is a great place. I have been to Houston only once, and this museum was the best thing I saw. The building is made of something silvery colored metal and it can be [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
New Delhi, India
Rajasthan - the land of exquisite monuments, picturesque lakes, blossoming gardens and it is one of the most admired tourism destination of the...
General: Monuments, forts, palaces and lakes in Rajasthan
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Singapore City, Singapore
This is a burger for those strict veggie eaters out there. I have not tried some myself, because me and veggies are far apart. But a close friend...
Food: The Burger for the Vegan
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
There is only one museum in Wichita and maybe the whole Kansas state that features such a wide variety of exhibits and collections. The Museum of...
History & Culture: Museum of World Treasures