Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Museum of Natural Science in HoustonIt is perfect if you are with kids, but you must go anyway. One of the best museums I have ever seen. They have a lot of cool exhibitions, no wonder there are so many people all the time. Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the [...]D: 20.1mi00
- San Jacinto Monument and MuseumSan Jacinto is a monument and museum destined to commemorate the bloody war for the Independence of Texas. The place is great and touching, I didn't regret that I made the short, 20 minutes trip from Houston's Downtown. Inside the [...]D: n/a00
- Galleria in HoustonGalleria is not a fine arts museum, as the name would suggest, it's an immense mall. They say the Mall of America is larger, but I can't imagine that. If there is something you are looking for and can't find it here, that think probably [...]D: 15.4mi00
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
Not far from Piazza del Plebiscite is the Galleria Umberto I. The Galleria was built at the end of the 19th century as a department store. The...
Shopping: Galleria Umberto I
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Siem Reap is one of the most enchanting city in Indochina where you can enjoy peaceful nature, stunning temples of Angkor, colourful life on Tonle...
General: Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Its located in the the hotel with the same name, the Borgata Buffet offers great food at a surprisingly good price. Their menu is quite extensive...
Food: Borgata Buffet
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
I know that when you travel to another country, state or city you should try out some restaurants that serve local food, something you won't be...
Food: Lilly's Pizza
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Though not looking much from the outside, don't get deterred by that, because once you get inside and taste their food you will forget where you...
Food: Zest in Virginia Beach