Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Rothko Chapel in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In the inside, it is decorated with the murals of Mark Rothko, American painter. They are really fantastic and fit perfectly with modern style of architecture of the chapel.
The chapel's goal is not only peace but also taking action for human rights and justice. It was such a wonderful experience, it is like a melting pot of peaceful people who are filled with love and willingness to understand others. I highly recommend you to visit it if you can.
1409 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Every day from 10 AM to 6 PM, even during holidays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Williams Water WallThis is only a water wall with water (alliteration here :P) flowing down the walls and steps of the building but it's spectacular. It might seems small at first sight because of the taller surrounding buildings, but it is as high as 20 [...]D: n/a00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
- The Houston ZooHouston Zoo is easily accessible as it is very close to other popular places of the city like the Hermann Park or the Museum district. Naturally, they have a lot of animals but as I have observed, they have unusually many baby animals as [...]D: 19.5mi00
- Museum of Natural Science in HoustonIt is perfect if you are with kids, but you must go anyway. One of the best museums I have ever seen. They have a lot of cool exhibitions, no wonder there are so many people all the time. Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the [...]D: 20.1mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
If you want to enjoy a beer within a quaint atmosphere, you should go to the Schinderhannes. This bar has got also a beer garden, that´s nice in...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Schinderhannes
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Blackpool, United Kingdom
If there is a daredevil inside of you, or you are looking for an ideal place to spend a lazy afternoon with the family, head on down to Pleasure...
General: Pleasure Beach Theme Park, Blackpool, United Kingdom
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
Diesel is one of the most stylish and coolest bars I have been too. What's amazing about the place is the fact that the club is built into this...
Night Life & Entertainment: Diesel
There is a castle in this city. It has a big parking but there you have to pay... very close about 50-100 meters from the castle you turn right on...
History & Culture: Bratislava Castle