Menil Collection, Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Menil Collection
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The home of the museum is very quite and peaceful, perfect for contemplating art. They have different rooms for different historical eras and cultures. I'm passionate about history and I loved the prehistoric exhibition.
They also have a great exhibition called Objects of Devotion and contains artistic evidences of art supporting the different religions. The whole Menil Collection is wonderful.
1515 Sul Ross St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Opened from Wed. to Sun. from 11AM to 7PM.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- NASA Johnson Space CenterI went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't see everything for the lack of time, but we would definitely go back again. There are [...]D: 40.8mi00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
- Rothko Chapel in HoustonRothko Chapel is a wonderful place. It was founded in 1970 by Dominique and John Menil. The chapel does not belong to any denomination, or better to say it belongs to all. It's mission is to unite people of different believes and make peace [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want a place to chill out (literally), a freezing evening at the Arctic Icebar will prove to be an interesting experience. While temperature...
Night Life & Entertainment: Arctic Icebar
Fontana di Trevi is one of the most beautiful fountains in the world. It must be! Obviously quite different from spectacular modern fountains this...
History & Culture: Fonatana di Trevi
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Check booking fares early & often The flight booking fares always fluctuate, so timing is everything to book a flight ticket. I recommend...
General: Minimal stop when flying
Place Jemaa El Fna is the main square in the city of Marrakech. Its a great place to watch some Moroccans charm snakes or sit down and get a sleeve...
Sightseeing: Place Jemaa El Fna
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Visit Bratislava in November or December if you would like to see all the streets decorated, beautiful Christmas trees on the squares and of course...
Family & Fun: Christmas Market, Bratislava
Though not one of the most major attractions of the city, the Big Shoe Repair is definitely a sight you shouldn't miss while traveling through...
Sightseeing: Big Shoe Repair
The train ride was the greatest for the kids in the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. They were able to watch the animals that weren't so...
Family & Fun: Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Saint Louis, Missouri
Visit Arch, Science Center, Free St Louis Zoo, History Museum, Busch Stadium, City Museum, and Magic house.
Family & Fun: Gateway to the West
Just roaming the park and getting relaxed after a busy day of exploration is the best medicine for tiredness. The Walbridge Park is well-kept,...
Sightseeing: Walbridge Park