Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > Museum of Fine Arts in Houston
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern (20th century) and contemporary art. You can also find here world culture exhibitions such as Asian art, a large exhibition of African Gold, Oceanic art and many others.
In the other, the Beck building gives home to Antiquities collections and European art from all eras. It is also used for different temporary exhibitions. The collection of the museum is huge consisting of more than 50.000 pieces of art. So if you are somewhat of an art-lover, you have to come here. Although I am not one myself, but I really liked the museum.
5601 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Children and seniors: $3.5
Thursdays are FREE!
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Menil CollectionMenil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some temporary, others permanent and everything is free all the time. The home of the museum is [...]D: 18mi00
- Museum of Natural Science in HoustonIt is perfect if you are with kids, but you must go anyway. One of the best museums I have ever seen. They have a lot of cool exhibitions, no wonder there are so many people all the time. Some of the greatest are the Dinosaur world, the [...]D: 20.1mi00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
- The Houston ZooHouston Zoo is easily accessible as it is very close to other popular places of the city like the Hermann Park or the Museum district. Naturally, they have a lot of animals but as I have observed, they have unusually many baby animals as [...]D: 19.5mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
The area around Huangpu river is where you can find several of the most interesting attractions in Shanghai. The Bund, as the waterfront is called,...
Sightseeing: The Bund
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you are at Ravensburg and you like history, you´have to visit the city`s new mseum, called Humpis Museum. It´s name derives from an old...
History & Culture: Humpismuseum
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
The best time to visit Jaipur is during Sept-Oct or during the Feb-March months.
General: Best time to travel
Near the catacombs of San Sebastiano and San Callisto in the south from the city center is the ancient old cobblestone street, the most famous road...
History & Culture: Via Appia Antica
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress