Museum of Cultures, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Museum of Cultures
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum of Cultures has displays on many of the most interesting civilizations and culture in the world, and their cultural and historical heritage. The temporary exhibitions are usually very interesting, but the highlight of the museum remains its own collection of Finno-Ugric artifacts.
Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 8, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults 6 €
Pensioners and students 4 €
Entry is free for kids under 18
Tue. 11 am – 8 pm
Wed.–Sun. 11 am – 6 pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Kappeli RestaurantTraditional Finnish foods are one of the things you must try when visiting Helsinki, especially since reindeer dishes are hard to find in other countries. For some tasty traditional dishes, check out Kappeli, a cozy restaurant with [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Arlan saunaVisiting Helsinki without going to a public sauna is almost unthinkable. The only place where you can enjoy the genuine sauna experience is at one of the old public saunas, and in addition to the cultural experience, it is a great way to [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- Some practical infoDuring the Summer you will find mobile tourist info all over the city. Young people will walk around in green T-shirts with a tourist info icon on them. They speak more languages and have a lot of flayers and brochures for you. They can [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Ateneum Art MuseumAmong all the museums of Finland (and there is a significant number of them), this one is the biggest and the most interesting. If you are an art-lover, the Ateneum Art Museum should be one of the first things you visit in the city. The [...]D: 3.6mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you...
Outdoors Activities: Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai
From the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that...
General: Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar Trip
Mexico City, Mexico
This building really earned the name National Palace as it has been the residence of Mexico's monarch or president for over 300 years. Hernan...
History & Culture: National Palace in Mexico City
Las Pinas, Philippines
MARBLES resto bar, billiards and ktv located along Alabang Zapote road has been one of Las Pinas' pioneer gimmick spots with its 11 pool tables,...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar, Billiards,KTV and Live Bands
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
We encountered a great crowd and an amazing show at the Orpheum Theater. Every minute of the performances was entertaining and engaging. We loved...
Night Life & Entertainment: Omaha Performing Arts
Established almost 30 years ago, the Copacabanana Restaurant grew out of a small pub with a small kitchen into an iconic restaurant which is famous...
Food: Copacabanana Restaurant in Philadelphia
The Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential...
History & Culture: Hat Museum in Portland
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing