Museum of Cultures, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Museum of Cultures
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum of Cultures has displays on many of the most interesting civilizations and culture in the world, and their cultural and historical heritage. The temporary exhibitions are usually very interesting, but the highlight of the museum remains its own collection of Finno-Ugric artifacts.
Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 8, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults 6 €
Pensioners and students 4 €
Entry is free for kids under 18
Tue. 11 am – 8 pm
Wed.–Sun. 11 am – 6 pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Ateneum Art MuseumAmong all the museums of Finland (and there is a significant number of them), this one is the biggest and the most interesting. If you are an art-lover, the Ateneum Art Museum should be one of the first things you visit in the city. The [...]D: 3.6mi00
- The Church in the RockThe Finnish have a knack for coming up with original ideas, even when it comes to something as traditional as churches. The Church in the Rock (Temppeliaukion kirkko in Finnish) is a simple but atmospheric church literally carved out [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- Manala RestaurantManala means hell, and unsurprisingly enough, the serve "food to die for", as they say. The menu of Manala is great, and people who have special dietary requirements can order according to their needs. All of the dishes are made [...]D: n/a00
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern...
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana