Museum of Cultures, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Museum of Cultures
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum of Cultures has displays on many of the most interesting civilizations and culture in the world, and their cultural and historical heritage. The temporary exhibitions are usually very interesting, but the highlight of the museum remains its own collection of Finno-Ugric artifacts.
Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 8, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults 6 €
Pensioners and students 4 €
Entry is free for kids under 18
Tue. 11 am – 8 pm
Wed.–Sun. 11 am – 6 pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Hohtogolf West CoastIf you like mini-golf but you would like to try something different, here's a golf course with twist. Hohtogolf West Coast is a glow in the dark minigolf course, with enough special effects to fill a second rate horror movie. Hohtogolf [...]D: 5.3mi00
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Serena Water Amusement ParkWater parks are not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Finland, but the cold climate has never been able to stop the Finnish from having fun. Serena Water Amusement Park is the largest water park in the Scandinavian [...]D: 11.4mi00
- The Church in the RockThe Finnish have a knack for coming up with original ideas, even when it comes to something as traditional as churches. The Church in the Rock (Temppeliaukion kirkko in Finnish) is a simple but atmospheric church literally carved out [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Uspenski CathedralIn Finland, the Orthodox church doesn't have many followers, but despite that, there are some pretty amazing Orthodox churches in the city. The best example is Uspenski Cathedral, a majestic building with a Russian-style dome. In Fact, [...]D: 4.1mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
We tasted the most delicious roast duck ever in this cozy little restaurant on Happiness Street. The whole dish was crisp, fragrant and...
Food: Bianyifang Roast Duck Restaurant in Beijing
Right in the heart of Hamburg's Saint Paul district lies the Reeperbahn Street, the center of the German city's nightlife. There are clubs and...
Night Life & Entertainment: Reeperbahn Street is Hamburg
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
Ostia Antica, Italy
Ostia was originally a military camp, from which Rome could be both protected and controlled and defended as well as the maritime trade. With the...
General: Ancient harbour city Ostia
When I've arrived in Torino I've visited 'il Palazzo Reale' .
General: Palazzo Reale, Turin
The Asakusa neighborhood in the Taito district is maybe the oldest part of Tokyo. Due tue ist 'age' many temples can be found here, that...
Sightseeing: Sensoji Temple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Rain nudle House is a great restaurant to be at if you wants a great ambience and at the same time a great place to have tasty food. This place is...
Food: Rain Nudle House
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Hi, Antalya is a very beautiful place and the environment here is very refreshing. It Attracts the visitors from all over the world. So One needs a...
Public Transportation: Reach your final destination safely and comfortably.