Museum of Cultures, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Museum of Cultures
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum of Cultures has displays on many of the most interesting civilizations and culture in the world, and their cultural and historical heritage. The temporary exhibitions are usually very interesting, but the highlight of the museum remains its own collection of Finno-Ugric artifacts.
Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 8, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults 6 €
Pensioners and students 4 €
Entry is free for kids under 18
Tue. 11 am – 8 pm
Wed.–Sun. 11 am – 6 pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Serena Water Amusement ParkWater parks are not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Finland, but the cold climate has never been able to stop the Finnish from having fun. Serena Water Amusement Park is the largest water park in the Scandinavian [...]D: 11.4mi00
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- Arlan saunaVisiting Helsinki without going to a public sauna is almost unthinkable. The only place where you can enjoy the genuine sauna experience is at one of the old public saunas, and in addition to the cultural experience, it is a great way to [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Hietaniemi BeachHelsinki is seldom associated with beaches, but in summer the temperature is high enough to allow people to tan for a bit and splash about in the water. Hietaniemi Beach is very popular with the locals in the summer months and while it [...]D: 3.3mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Es gibt das ganze Jahr ueber einen grossen Zirkus und einen Rummel.
Family & Fun: Zirkus und Rummel
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The first thing we did when we entered the Gardens was to go and see the flamingos, because we've never seen these animals before (only on TV),...
Family & Fun: The Flamingo Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns