Museum of Cultures, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Museum of Cultures
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum of Cultures has displays on many of the most interesting civilizations and culture in the world, and their cultural and historical heritage. The temporary exhibitions are usually very interesting, but the highlight of the museum remains its own collection of Finno-Ugric artifacts.
Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 8, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults 6 €
Pensioners and students 4 €
Entry is free for kids under 18
Tue. 11 am – 8 pm
Wed.–Sun. 11 am – 6 pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Hohtogolf West CoastIf you like mini-golf but you would like to try something different, here's a golf course with twist. Hohtogolf West Coast is a glow in the dark minigolf course, with enough special effects to fill a second rate horror movie. Hohtogolf [...]D: 5.3mi00
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- Ateneum Art MuseumAmong all the museums of Finland (and there is a significant number of them), this one is the biggest and the most interesting. If you are an art-lover, the Ateneum Art Museum should be one of the first things you visit in the city. The [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Some practical infoDuring the Summer you will find mobile tourist info all over the city. Young people will walk around in green T-shirts with a tourist info icon on them. They speak more languages and have a lot of flayers and brochures for you. They can [...]D: 3.6mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
To really experience the Afro-Cuban culture, visiting the small side street called Callejon de Hamel is a must for everyone. It is amazing. The...
Family & Fun: Callejon de Hamel in Havana
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Mexico City, Mexico
The meeting place for many famous Mexicans, politicians, artists, philanthropist is the Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres - a cemetery. I was quite...
Sightseeing: Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Las Vegas, Nevada
To walk the strip and have on shoes that are comfortable for you ,like you are at home , not high heels , because everyone else has it on.
Sports & Wellness : Grammy platinum hommy
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
Hoi An, Vietnam
If you are planning your Travel to Vietnam and especially in Hoi An, Da Nang and Hue in central region of country, try to make it consider with the...
General: Full Moon festival in Hoi An