Museum of Cultures, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Museum of Cultures
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum of Cultures has displays on many of the most interesting civilizations and culture in the world, and their cultural and historical heritage. The temporary exhibitions are usually very interesting, but the highlight of the museum remains its own collection of Finno-Ugric artifacts.
Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 8, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults 6 €
Pensioners and students 4 €
Entry is free for kids under 18
Tue. 11 am – 8 pm
Wed.–Sun. 11 am – 6 pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Arctic IcebarIf you want a place to chill out (literally), a freezing evening at the Arctic Icebar will prove to be an interesting experience. While temperature in bars is usually high enough to allow people to wear more or less revealing clothes, at [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Sibelius MonumentSibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument dedicated to him is worth visiting. It is one of the most famous monuments in the city, and it has [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Hohtogolf West CoastIf you like mini-golf but you would like to try something different, here's a golf course with twist. Hohtogolf West Coast is a glow in the dark minigolf course, with enough special effects to fill a second rate horror movie. Hohtogolf [...]D: 5.3mi00
- Manala RestaurantManala means hell, and unsurprisingly enough, the serve "food to die for", as they say. The menu of Manala is great, and people who have special dietary requirements can order according to their needs. All of the dishes are made [...]D: n/a00
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Austins Ferry, Australia
On a Luxury sailing cruises at Whitsundays private yacht charter, sailing charter with Real life enjoy reef walking, Whole, Golfing, Sundancer,...
Beaches : Whitsunday Yacht Charter
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
If you are exactly in the center of the city, you will see a narrow street with stairs between two buildings. On the wall near the street is a sign...
Food: Eating 'Langos' in the center of the city
It is the best and most special way to see the sights of Killarney to take a Jarvey trip. A Jarvey is a carriage, many of them are available for...
In recent years, Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, has emerged as a hip different to major European powerhouses, like Paris and Rome. full with...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Best of Reykjavik
The Asakusa neighborhood in the Taito district is maybe the oldest part of Tokyo. Due tue ist 'age' many temples can be found here, that...
Sightseeing: Sensoji Temple
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
El Paso, Texas
A great family-owned restaurant, the Forti's Mexican Restaurant has amazing guacamoles and gorditas and provides service even between the lunch...
Food: Forti's Mexican Restaurant