Heureka Science Centre, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Heureka Science Centre
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The museum's main collection contains over 200 exhibits related to science, and most of them are interactive. The most interesting exhibitions are Science Changing the World and Murder at Heureka (where you can play at being a crime scene investigator - only children over 12 can participate).
It's worth spending one day exploring the museum, you definitely won't get bored for a second. When you leave, check out the Heureka shop, where you can buy science-related souvenirs and memorabilia.
St. Martins kapell, Klippstavägen 1, 01600 Vantaa, Finland
children (6-15) €12.50
adult costs €19, for children (6-15) €12.50Sa-Su 10AM-6PM.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Uspenski CathedralIn Finland, the Orthodox church doesn't have many followers, but despite that, there are some pretty amazing Orthodox churches in the city. The best example is Uspenski Cathedral, a majestic building with a Russian-style dome. In Fact, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Museum of CulturesNormally when you visit a country, you want to go to museums that will help you learn more about that country, but obviously there are exceptions to this rule. One such example is the Museum of Cultures in Helsinki, where you can discover [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Ateneum Art MuseumAmong all the museums of Finland (and there is a significant number of them), this one is the biggest and the most interesting. If you are an art-lover, the Ateneum Art Museum should be one of the first things you visit in the city. The [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Sibelius MonumentSibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument dedicated to him is worth visiting. It is one of the most famous monuments in the city, and it has [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Arctic IcebarIf you want a place to chill out (literally), a freezing evening at the Arctic Icebar will prove to be an interesting experience. While temperature in bars is usually high enough to allow people to wear more or less revealing clothes, at [...]D: 3.7mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
There is an Olympic Park in Munich called Olympiapark there. It's really nice, it even has a pond. Close to it there is a communication tower. If...
General: The Olympiapark from Munich
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
If you'd like to go to ski but you don't have equipment for it, don't worry! On the way to the ski trails many little 'shops' are opened from where...
Outdoors Activities: Renting skis in Arieseni
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin is a coastline city, therefore the sea is only a stone-throw away so you can lay on the sun all day, go swimming and tan every day. ...
Beaches : The Beach Resort
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Denver is called the Arts Capital of the West which means that you can visit hundreds of museums and galleries while staying here.
History & Culture: Denver, the Arts Capital of the West