Ateneum Art Museum, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Ateneum Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most prominent Finnish artists have their works displayed in the museum, and the temporary exhibitions are always top-notch. There are several original pieces by Van Gogh and Paul Gauguin on display. One of the most interesting displays is the collection of Finnish paintings of scenes from the Kalevala.
Brunnsgatan 2, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults: 9 €
Students: 7 €
Free admission for children under 18
Tue, Fri 10–18
Wed, Thu 10–20
Sat, Sun 11–17
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Some practical infoDuring the Summer you will find mobile tourist info all over the city. Young people will walk around in green T-shirts with a tourist info icon on them. They speak more languages and have a lot of flayers and brochures for you. They can [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Sibelius MonumentSibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument dedicated to him is worth visiting. It is one of the most famous monuments in the city, and it has [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- Korjaamo Cultural FactoryKorjaamo defines itself as Helsinki's "living rooms", which sounds a but abstract, as expected from a huge building that basically serves as a meeting point for all the imaginable art types in the world. Karjaamo [...]D: 2.5mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
If you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used...
Shopping: Cheap supermarket near Paralia
A palace turned into a mosque is the finest example of architectural art. You will surely think that it's a fort and not a mosque. A wonderful...
History & Culture: Jama Masjid - Palace or Mosque
Las Pinas, Philippines
MARBLES resto bar, billiards and ktv located along Alabang Zapote road has been one of Las Pinas' pioneer gimmick spots with its 11 pool tables,...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar, Billiards,KTV and Live Bands
The best part of Belgrade nightlife is that they have a special focus on winter and summer clubs, so you have an idea how much effort they put on...
Night Life & Entertainment: The nightlife highlights
The viaducts built over the many railroad tracks of Atlanta have been converted into an interesting shopping and entertainment district at the end...
Night Life & Entertainment: Underground Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
You can get an overview of the city of Charlotte after the Civil War, the way people had to manage and live through their days. The Levine Museum...
History & Culture: Levine Museum of the New South
The most interactive and hands-on place where kids can learn so many things is the Children's Museum of Stockton. They have a wide variety of...
History & Culture: Children's Museum of Stockton
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head