Ateneum Art Museum, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Ateneum Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most prominent Finnish artists have their works displayed in the museum, and the temporary exhibitions are always top-notch. There are several original pieces by Van Gogh and Paul Gauguin on display. One of the most interesting displays is the collection of Finnish paintings of scenes from the Kalevala.
Brunnsgatan 2, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Adults: 9 €
Students: 7 €
Free admission for children under 18
Tue, Fri 10–18
Wed, Thu 10–20
Sat, Sun 11–17
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Hohtogolf West CoastIf you like mini-golf but you would like to try something different, here's a golf course with twist. Hohtogolf West Coast is a glow in the dark minigolf course, with enough special effects to fill a second rate horror movie. Hohtogolf [...]D: 5.3mi00
- Uspenski CathedralIn Finland, the Orthodox church doesn't have many followers, but despite that, there are some pretty amazing Orthodox churches in the city. The best example is Uspenski Cathedral, a majestic building with a Russian-style dome. In Fact, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- The Church in the RockThe Finnish have a knack for coming up with original ideas, even when it comes to something as traditional as churches. The Church in the Rock (Temppeliaukion kirkko in Finnish) is a simple but atmospheric church literally carved out [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Hietaniemi BeachHelsinki is seldom associated with beaches, but in summer the temperature is high enough to allow people to tan for a bit and splash about in the water. Hietaniemi Beach is very popular with the locals in the summer months and while it [...]D: 3.3mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Pelion Mountain is very close to the city of Volos, you can easily reach it from the city by taking the bus. There are so many amazing things there...
Outdoors Activities: Pelion Mountain
Though not a typical tourist attraction, visiting the fish market is something that gives you an insight into the trade of Japan and thus into its...
Shopping: Tsukiji Fish Market
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
Though not one of the most major attractions of the city, the Big Shoe Repair is definitely a sight you shouldn't miss while traveling through...
Sightseeing: Big Shoe Repair
Amazing sea life, wild animals and a lot of fun was what we found in the Dallas World Aquarium the last time we visited the city. There are so many...
History & Culture: Dallas World Aquarium
Long Beach, California
Perfect for kids, especially because there are feeding areas, but great for adults too. The Aquarium of the Pacific has so much to offer for a...
Family & Fun: Aquarium of the Pacific
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Though called old town, Scottsdale's Old Town is actually not so old, only a bit more than 50, and still when you walk down the streets you feel...
Sightseeing: Scottsdale Old Town and Art District near Phoenix