The Old Havana (Habana Vieja), Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > The Old Havana (Habana Vieja)
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
In this part of Havana you can find magnificent castles, such as the Los Tres Reyes del Morro and the La Gran Fuerza Castle. There are several religious buildings to see and explore, among the most notable is Basilica Menor del Convento de San Francisco de Asis, not to mention the various squares, like La Plaza de Armes, Plaza Vieja and Cathedral Square, that decorate Old Havana and are so much part of it's history and culture.
If you visit Havana, exploring the Old City is a must! :)
Old Havana, Cuba
No opening hours.
Recent travel tips for Havana
- Callejon de Hamel in HavanaTo really experience the Afro-Cuban culture, visiting the small side street called Callejon de Hamel is a must for everyone. It is amazing. The street is named after a rich Spanish trader, Fernando Hamel who provided everything for this [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Los Nardos Restaurant in HavanaWe had the most big and tasty meal of all our stay in the Los Nardos restaurant, situated opposite the Capitolio in Havana. The place is quite hidden (look for a neon sign and a doorman) but they serve the most delicious Spanish paella, [...]D: 0.7mi00
- La Guarida Restaurant in HavanaWe saw the La Guarida restaurant featuring in the Oscar nominated movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” and when we visited Havana, we had to go there and see it for ourselves. The restaurant is located on the third of a building which [...]D: 0.6mi00
- El Malecon Beach in HavanaVisiting Havana is not worth without strolling along the 7km long beach that so much part of Havana. Here you can experience the everyday life of common people, watch families with their children, playing in the sands, or lovers strolling [...]D: n/a00
- Museo de la Revolucion in HavanaTo learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and people of a certain country. In the Museo de la Revolucion we had this experience. It is well [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau travel tips - Austria
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
Tarcoles travel tips - Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
Newyork travel tips - United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Pannonhalma travel tips - Hungary
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Jerusalem travel tips - Israel
Visiting Jerusalem don't miss the Via Dolorosa which is, according to the Christian tradition, the path that the messiah walked with his cross on...
General: Via Dolorosa Stations of the Cross
Zalau travel tips - Romania
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Singapore City travel tips - Singapore
This place is the place to go for those who would like to go for a treasure hunt, for all types of items, as the saying “one’s man...
Shopping: Thieves Flea Market @ Sungei Road, Singapore
Istanbul travel tips - Turkey
Used as the main residence for the Sultan Mehmet II, the Topkapi Palace now is such a major tourist attraction that it is almost very crowded....
History & Culture: Topkapi Palace
Cary travel tips - North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Honolulu travel tips - Hawaii
I think Ala Moana Center is the best place in Honolulu if you came with a little extra money for shopping. It is a mall after all, but it's real...
Shopping: Ala Moana Center