Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Ernest Hemingway Museum looks pretty much the same as int the time Hemingway lived there. Full of precious artifacts, such as Picasso and Klee paintings, stuffed animals and the writer's personal items, the museum provides the visitor an environment which is truly unique. Seeing the preserved setting enables you to have a glimpse into the life of a great writer.
We had so much fun and when we left we felt we became richer in knowledge!
Singer, Havana, Cuba
Admission fee is $3 for adults and is free for children
Open daily from 10am until 4pm
How to get there:
Travel about 15km from the city center than about 12 km and on the Carretera Central road.
Recent travel tips for Havana
- El Malecon Beach in HavanaVisiting Havana is not worth without strolling along the 7km long beach that so much part of Havana. Here you can experience the everyday life of common people, watch families with their children, playing in the sands, or lovers strolling [...]D: n/a00
- El Capitolio in HavanaOne of the grandest buildings in Havana, the Capitolio looks like a twin-building of the Capitol in Washington, DC, though it is a bit taller and longer than the latter. It's architecture is beautiful and stunning and being such a grand [...]D: 0.7mi01
- La Guarida Restaurant in HavanaWe saw the La Guarida restaurant featuring in the Oscar nominated movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” and when we visited Havana, we had to go there and see it for ourselves. The restaurant is located on the third of a building which [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Museo de la Revolucion in HavanaTo learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and people of a certain country. In the Museo de la Revolucion we had this experience. It is well [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Havana La Regla Ferry TripWe wanted to experience a quieter side of the hectic Havana city so we took a ferry to the La Regla district just across the bay. It was a good idea that we brought with ourselves some sandwiches and drinks because there aren't any shops or [...]D: n/a00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you're in Vienna don't miss the Riesenrad in the Prater park. This is a sightseeing ferris-wheel. It goes round very slowly and when you're on...
Family & Fun: Sightseeing from the Riesenrad
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
It was as if I was at the theatre watching it being performed; I could see Romeo dangling at Juliet’s balcony, until someone behind me brought me...
General: Indulgence has a New Location, Verona Italy
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
Brasov is connected with the capital of Hungary, Budapest by two trains, nicknamed 'Harghita' and 'Corona'. The second one, unfortunately has been...
General: Brasov train connection with Budapest
Boston's most beautiful church, in my opinion is the Trinity Church. The Romanesque style building was consacrated in 1877 and is one of...
History & Culture: Trinity Church Boston
El Paso, Texas
A bit far from downtown El Paso, the Edge of Texas Steakhouse is still a place worth going to if you would like really great food. Their steaks is...
Food: Edge of Texas Steakhouse
Kansas City, Missouri
The best place where you can work out, get a tan, learn dancing and organize parties is definitely Pole Worx on Union Avenue in Kansas. I went...
Night Life & Entertainment: Pole Worx
Santa Ana, California
Though Santa Ana is not one of the biggest cities of the Orange County district, there are quite a few beautiful and architecturally imposing...
Sightseeing: Episcopal Church of the Messiah