Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Ernest Hemingway Museum looks pretty much the same as int the time Hemingway lived there. Full of precious artifacts, such as Picasso and Klee paintings, stuffed animals and the writer's personal items, the museum provides the visitor an environment which is truly unique. Seeing the preserved setting enables you to have a glimpse into the life of a great writer.
We had so much fun and when we left we felt we became richer in knowledge!
Singer, Havana, Cuba
Admission fee is $3 for adults and is free for children
Open daily from 10am until 4pm
How to get there:
Travel about 15km from the city center than about 12 km and on the Carretera Central road.
Recent travel tips for Havana
- La Guarida Restaurant in HavanaWe saw the La Guarida restaurant featuring in the Oscar nominated movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” and when we visited Havana, we had to go there and see it for ourselves. The restaurant is located on the third of a building which [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Museo de la Revolucion in HavanaTo learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and people of a certain country. In the Museo de la Revolucion we had this experience. It is well [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Plaza de la Revolucion in HavanaOne of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at all. On second glance we notice the notable buildings surrounding the square, such as the Jose [...]D: 1.9mi00
- The MaleconThe Malecon is seven kilometers long wall along the seacoast of Havana. It is often called by the locals th soul of the city. This because it is very vivid. It is always full of all kinds of people. If you have seen films taking place in [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Havana La Regla Ferry TripWe wanted to experience a quieter side of the hectic Havana city so we took a ferry to the La Regla district just across the bay. It was a good idea that we brought with ourselves some sandwiches and drinks because there aren't any shops or [...]D: n/a00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
The all-inclusive Rajasthan Tours are a vast option for those travelers who not only crave to trip spectacular places but as well learn the history...
History & Culture: Remarkable Rajasthan Tours with Majestic Stay at Jaipur Hotels
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
# 5 Koh Samui Thi is where one should be, the place is one of Thailand’s largest islands in the Gulf of Thailand, is known for its palm-fringed...
General: Top destination for a luxury soa holiday in Thailand
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably