Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Ernest Hemingway Museum looks pretty much the same as int the time Hemingway lived there. Full of precious artifacts, such as Picasso and Klee paintings, stuffed animals and the writer's personal items, the museum provides the visitor an environment which is truly unique. Seeing the preserved setting enables you to have a glimpse into the life of a great writer.
We had so much fun and when we left we felt we became richer in knowledge!
Singer, Havana, Cuba
Admission fee is $3 for adults and is free for children
Open daily from 10am until 4pm
How to get there:
Travel about 15km from the city center than about 12 km and on the Carretera Central road.
Recent travel tips for Havana
- Havana La Regla Ferry TripWe wanted to experience a quieter side of the hectic Havana city so we took a ferry to the La Regla district just across the bay. It was a good idea that we brought with ourselves some sandwiches and drinks because there aren't any shops or [...]D: n/a00
- Museo de la Revolucion in HavanaTo learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and people of a certain country. In the Museo de la Revolucion we had this experience. It is well [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Plaza de la Revolucion in HavanaOne of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at all. On second glance we notice the notable buildings surrounding the square, such as the Jose [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Callejon de Hamel in HavanaTo really experience the Afro-Cuban culture, visiting the small side street called Callejon de Hamel is a must for everyone. It is amazing. The street is named after a rich Spanish trader, Fernando Hamel who provided everything for this [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The Old Havana (Habana Vieja)As a legendary city, founded in 1519, the Old Havana is a glorious place to see if you travel to Cuba. The city's architecture is full of various styles of colonial, art-deco and eclectic and thus provides an amazing insight into it's [...]D: n/a00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Vietnamese Private Tours; May 2015: Visit Cambodia with this very interesting tour suit for families, Youngers and individuals, the 12 Days...
Family & Fun: Visit world largest religious structure, the Angkor wat
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
I've never tried Vietnamese food before and I have to tell you, the preparations at the Golden Saigon Restaurant went beyond my expectations....
Food: Golden Saigon
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Nickerson is a nice place, perfect example of an urban bar with beer, pool table and a nice patio. Their prices are good and the staff is friendly,...
Night Life & Entertainment: Nickerson Street Saloon
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.