Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Ernest Hemingway Museum in Havana
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Ernest Hemingway Museum looks pretty much the same as int the time Hemingway lived there. Full of precious artifacts, such as Picasso and Klee paintings, stuffed animals and the writer's personal items, the museum provides the visitor an environment which is truly unique. Seeing the preserved setting enables you to have a glimpse into the life of a great writer.
We had so much fun and when we left we felt we became richer in knowledge!
Singer, Havana, Cuba
Admission fee is $3 for adults and is free for children
Open daily from 10am until 4pm
How to get there:
Travel about 15km from the city center than about 12 km and on the Carretera Central road.
Recent travel tips for Havana
- Hotel Ambos Mundos in HavanaThe hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote there one of the chapters of his novel “For Whom the Bell Tolls”. It was one of the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- El Capitolio in HavanaOne of the grandest buildings in Havana, the Capitolio looks like a twin-building of the Capitol in Washington, DC, though it is a bit taller and longer than the latter. It's architecture is beautiful and stunning and being such a grand [...]D: 0.7mi01
- El Aljibe Restaurant in HavanaEl Aljibe is the most popular restaurant in Havana, being famous for its roasted chicken which comes with large dishes of rice, black beans, potatoes and assorted salad. This huge meal has a really good price and even if it would be [...]D: 5mi00
- The MaleconThe Malecon is seven kilometers long wall along the seacoast of Havana. It is often called by the locals th soul of the city. This because it is very vivid. It is always full of all kinds of people. If you have seen films taking place in [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Old Havana (Habana Vieja)As a legendary city, founded in 1519, the Old Havana is a glorious place to see if you travel to Cuba. The city's architecture is full of various styles of colonial, art-deco and eclectic and thus provides an amazing insight into it's [...]D: n/a00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Le Cafe is a nice place for spending a pleasant evening. I've been there two times and I liked it, although, the food was not perfect. Their...
Food: Le Café
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
The Marienplatz is the center of the city and it's always nice to walk around, grab coffee or go shopping. There are lots of people on Saturdays...
Outdoors Activities: Marienplatz
Visit the archaeological museum of Lyon. It has got a good open air part, with partly restored city quarters. Tel.: 04 72 38 81 90
General: Roman museum
A 3-storey blue haveli where Great Mahatma Gandhi was born is converted into a Museum now. The aura of the place makes you feel undoubtedly...
History & Culture: Kirti Mandir
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
If scuba diving is your thing, you absolutely can't miss Epcot Divequest. Sure, it's part of the Walt Disney World, but don't think that Epcot...
Outdoors Activities: Epcot Divequest