Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We travel two hours from Saigon to My Tho where we board our boat. Late morning finds us drifting down bustling arteries of the Mekong from where we veer off to travel down the tranquil canals. Our sightseeing on the island includes a visit to a traditional Mekong Delta home and its kitchen, where we sample seasonal fruit along with tea and honey and even local wine. We then walk to the village's boat landing where we board small sampans and paddle along narrow arroyos (waterways).
See boat paddling here We will break for lunch at a local restaurant.
Following lunch, we enjoy a leisurely, two-hour afternoon bicycle ride along a narrow dirt road during which we traverse bridges and pass through local farms. Arriving in Cai Be, we board a boat to the floating market and then cruise over 1.5km-wide Mekong river to Binh Hoa Phuoc. You can expect spectacular sunsets along the Mekong. We have dinner at and spend the night in an eco-guesthouse on Binh Hoa Phuoc island.
Day 2: Vinh Long to Can Tho. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Following breakfast, under the cool shelter of the green canopy, we bike half an hour to the ferry crossing for Vinh Long. We then have an extended ride to Can Tho. While our exact route will vary (depending on our group's cycling abilities), you can expect to pass through villages (with brick kiln and terracotta roofs), past rice fields, and by innumerable rural riverside villages.
We will break for lunch at a local restaurant. Late afternoon will be reserved for promenading production along the city quay or, if time permits, yet more cycling along riverside to Can Tho. We will stay in Can Tho. (or optional countryside homestay).
Day 3: Can Tho to Saigon. (Breakfast, lunch)
We embark on a morning boat trip to Cai Rang's floating market before heading up a quiet canal for more cruising along winding waterways. We then bike for two hours along back country roads taking in the breathtaking Mekong Delta scenery and greeting locals (many of whom will also be on bicycle). Following lunch we head back to Sai Gon where our tour ends.
* English Speaking tour leader (other languages upon requests)
* Accommodation Standard Hotel & Homestay.etc…
* Meals detailed in the itinerary (B = Breakfast , L = Lunches ,D = Dinners)
* Transportation by air-con.
* Boat trip
* Sightseeing excursions as outlined in itinerary
* Pump, bike tools, spares tubes.
* Spare bike
* Mineral water drinking.
* Seasonal fruits.
* International airfares
* Nha Trang - Saigon: US$ 57 per person
* Travel insurance and bike helmet (compulsory)
* Items of a personal nature
* Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
* Mineral water beyond that supplied
* Bike Hire: US$15/day
* Single Supplement
* Optional excursions
* Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
* Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
* Visa fees
* Departure taxes
* Tipping for guiding
How to get there:
+84 4 983.186.148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Vietnam Travel HolidayVietnam Travel Holiday, Holiday Tour Travel, Vietnam Travel Holidays-Vietnam Lao Cambodia Travel, Vietnam Laos Cambodia Tour Vietnamtravelways.com operated by OPENTOUR VIETNAM GROUP [...]D: 2.5mi00
- 18 Days Explore Vietnam and Famous BeachesTour description: This trip will give you a chance to relax and admire Vietnamese beautiful nature with visits to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Hue, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, Cat Ba Island, Hai Phong, Phan Thiet, Quy Nhon, Mui [...]D: n/a00
- Vietnam Travel GuideVietnam travel guide http://www.nhomphuot.com/tag/phuot [...]D: 507.9mi00
- Vietnam Cooking Tour By Greentrailtourism.comDetail Itinerary Day 1 : Arrival Ha Noi (D) Arrive at Noi Bai Airport and coach transfer to hotel. Take a cyclo, the Vietnamese version of the rickshaw to Indochine Restaurant for an introduction to Vietnamese food. Set in a beautifully [...]D: n/a10
- Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over...Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorful traditional costumes of different tribal peoples, variety of local products as well as perfect surrounding nature. Two years ago, [...]D: n/a00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
If you like walking, travel along the trace of the old roman waterpipe, nearly 100km long. You can enjoy a nice nature and see the leftovers of...
General: The roman waterpipe
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
In the cave the temperature is about 7 Celsius, wear tick clothes
General: Wear tick clothes
If you are in Boston, do not miss to visit the home of the famous Red Sox, the Fenway Park stadium. It is an iconic place in the world of baseball...
Night Life & Entertainment: Fenway Park in Boston
The moment we walked into the restaurant we felt that this place was more than just a casual restaurant. The fact that you had to take yourself the...
Food: Bourbon n' Toulouse