Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We travel two hours from Saigon to My Tho where we board our boat. Late morning finds us drifting down bustling arteries of the Mekong from where we veer off to travel down the tranquil canals. Our sightseeing on the island includes a visit to a traditional Mekong Delta home and its kitchen, where we sample seasonal fruit along with tea and honey and even local wine. We then walk to the village's boat landing where we board small sampans and paddle along narrow arroyos (waterways).
See boat paddling here We will break for lunch at a local restaurant.
Following lunch, we enjoy a leisurely, two-hour afternoon bicycle ride along a narrow dirt road during which we traverse bridges and pass through local farms. Arriving in Cai Be, we board a boat to the floating market and then cruise over 1.5km-wide Mekong river to Binh Hoa Phuoc. You can expect spectacular sunsets along the Mekong. We have dinner at and spend the night in an eco-guesthouse on Binh Hoa Phuoc island.
Day 2: Vinh Long to Can Tho. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Following breakfast, under the cool shelter of the green canopy, we bike half an hour to the ferry crossing for Vinh Long. We then have an extended ride to Can Tho. While our exact route will vary (depending on our group's cycling abilities), you can expect to pass through villages (with brick kiln and terracotta roofs), past rice fields, and by innumerable rural riverside villages.
We will break for lunch at a local restaurant. Late afternoon will be reserved for promenading production along the city quay or, if time permits, yet more cycling along riverside to Can Tho. We will stay in Can Tho. (or optional countryside homestay).
Day 3: Can Tho to Saigon. (Breakfast, lunch)
We embark on a morning boat trip to Cai Rang's floating market before heading up a quiet canal for more cruising along winding waterways. We then bike for two hours along back country roads taking in the breathtaking Mekong Delta scenery and greeting locals (many of whom will also be on bicycle). Following lunch we head back to Sai Gon where our tour ends.
* English Speaking tour leader (other languages upon requests)
* Accommodation Standard Hotel & Homestay.etc…
* Meals detailed in the itinerary (B = Breakfast , L = Lunches ,D = Dinners)
* Transportation by air-con.
* Boat trip
* Sightseeing excursions as outlined in itinerary
* Pump, bike tools, spares tubes.
* Spare bike
* Mineral water drinking.
* Seasonal fruits.
* International airfares
* Nha Trang - Saigon: US$ 57 per person
* Travel insurance and bike helmet (compulsory)
* Items of a personal nature
* Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
* Mineral water beyond that supplied
* Bike Hire: US$15/day
* Single Supplement
* Optional excursions
* Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
* Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
* Visa fees
* Departure taxes
* Tipping for guiding
How to get there:
+84 4 983.186.148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Southern Vietnam Beaches RelaxDay 1: Arrival Sai Gon Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City. Your driver will meet you at the airport and escort you to Hotel. Your hotel is right on heart and is located close to the main sights of this fascinating city. The rest of the day is [...]D: n/a00
- Vietnam tour packagesHanoi Sky Travel has now become one of the best tour operator in Vietnam and has successfully helped thousands of travelers realize their dream of traveling to Vietnam.HST provides customers with abundantly and detailed destination [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Discover Myanmar from Highlights to Beach Relaxation 12 daysDAY 1: ARRIVE YANGON (D) Upon arrival at Yangon International Airport, you will be welcomed by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check in. After that, you will visit Sule, City Hall, and the High Court (noted for its British [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Halong Bay ToursHalong Bay Vietnam is recognized as the famous World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1994 and the New 7 Wonders of Nature voted by the tourists over the world in 2012. Founded in 2006, Amazing Halong Bay becomes one of the best halong bay [...]D: n/a00
- Classic Vietnam Sightseeing Tour 10 Days 9 NightsDay 1: Arrival Hanoi Vietnam Today you’ll land in Hanoi. Warmly welcome by Tour Guide & Car Driver at airport then transfer to Hanoi Downtown, a city of lakes, shaded boulevards, public parks, and the capital of Vietnam. Check into your [...]D: 0.1mi00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Ulm there is a big shop for furniture called 'IKEA'. You can find there basically everything you would need. If you know IKEA, especially if...
General: IKEA - shop for furniture
Normally when you visit a country, you want to go to museums that will help you learn more about that country, but obviously there are exceptions...
History & Culture: Museum of Cultures
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Only 6 miles to the north of Indianapolis, Conner Prairie is an outdoor museum with lots of interactive shows and exhibitions. Favorite of both...
History & Culture: Conner Prairie
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
For those who art lovers or are fascinated by beautiful architecture, the Crocker Art Museum can provide both. Newly renovated, the museum has...
History & Culture: Crocker Art Museum