Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We travel two hours from Saigon to My Tho where we board our boat. Late morning finds us drifting down bustling arteries of the Mekong from where we veer off to travel down the tranquil canals. Our sightseeing on the island includes a visit to a traditional Mekong Delta home and its kitchen, where we sample seasonal fruit along with tea and honey and even local wine. We then walk to the village's boat landing where we board small sampans and paddle along narrow arroyos (waterways).
See boat paddling here We will break for lunch at a local restaurant.
Following lunch, we enjoy a leisurely, two-hour afternoon bicycle ride along a narrow dirt road during which we traverse bridges and pass through local farms. Arriving in Cai Be, we board a boat to the floating market and then cruise over 1.5km-wide Mekong river to Binh Hoa Phuoc. You can expect spectacular sunsets along the Mekong. We have dinner at and spend the night in an eco-guesthouse on Binh Hoa Phuoc island.
Day 2: Vinh Long to Can Tho. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Following breakfast, under the cool shelter of the green canopy, we bike half an hour to the ferry crossing for Vinh Long. We then have an extended ride to Can Tho. While our exact route will vary (depending on our group's cycling abilities), you can expect to pass through villages (with brick kiln and terracotta roofs), past rice fields, and by innumerable rural riverside villages.
We will break for lunch at a local restaurant. Late afternoon will be reserved for promenading production along the city quay or, if time permits, yet more cycling along riverside to Can Tho. We will stay in Can Tho. (or optional countryside homestay).
Day 3: Can Tho to Saigon. (Breakfast, lunch)
We embark on a morning boat trip to Cai Rang's floating market before heading up a quiet canal for more cruising along winding waterways. We then bike for two hours along back country roads taking in the breathtaking Mekong Delta scenery and greeting locals (many of whom will also be on bicycle). Following lunch we head back to Sai Gon where our tour ends.
* English Speaking tour leader (other languages upon requests)
* Accommodation Standard Hotel & Homestay.etc…
* Meals detailed in the itinerary (B = Breakfast , L = Lunches ,D = Dinners)
* Transportation by air-con.
* Boat trip
* Sightseeing excursions as outlined in itinerary
* Pump, bike tools, spares tubes.
* Spare bike
* Mineral water drinking.
* Seasonal fruits.
* International airfares
* Nha Trang - Saigon: US$ 57 per person
* Travel insurance and bike helmet (compulsory)
* Items of a personal nature
* Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
* Mineral water beyond that supplied
* Bike Hire: US$15/day
* Single Supplement
* Optional excursions
* Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
* Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
* Visa fees
* Departure taxes
* Tipping for guiding
How to get there:
+84 4 983.186.148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- The Northern of Vietnam(1945–1976)The Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV) (Vietnamese: Việt Nam Dân chủ Cộng hòa), was a communist state that ruled the northern half of Vietnam from 1954 until 1976 following the Geneva Conference and laid claim to all of Vietnam [...]D: n/a00
- Travel around HanoiThe road condition in Hanoi is dramatically crowded due to thousands of bicycles, motorbikes along the way. Thus, taxi, cyclo and car with Vietnamese driver are the best way to travel around Hanoi. There are reliable taxi companies [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Holidaying in Vietnam through AsiaHotelBizWe at Asia hotel Biz offer you a wide selection of attractive tour packages, resorts and boutique hotels at Vietnam. With a huge range of discounted hotels and motels, accommodation and resorts, you can choose the best one for you according [...]D: 0.8mi01
- Early Lê dynasty (980-1009)The Early Lê dynasty (Vietnamese: Nhà Tiền Lê) was a dynasty that ruled Vietnam after the Đinh Dynasty and before the Lý Dynasty. They ruled for a total of three generations and was known for repelling the Song invasion. *Lê Đại [...]D: 7.4mi00
- 18 Days Explore Vietnam and Famous BeachesTour description: This trip will give you a chance to relax and admire Vietnamese beautiful nature with visits to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Hue, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, Cat Ba Island, Hai Phong, Phan Thiet, Quy Nhon, Mui [...]D: n/a00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
If you are at Palma, you should definitely make an excursion through the backlands of the city. The nature there is very nice and there arent the...
Outdoors Activities: The marvellous nature surrounding the city
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Singapore City, Singapore
This is a burger for those strict veggie eaters out there. I have not tried some myself, because me and veggies are far apart. But a close friend...
Food: The Burger for the Vegan
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Colorado Springs, Colorado
American and Mexican in combination, the cuisine of the Saltgrass Steak House is unique and yet traditional. Becoming a legend itself, the...
Food: Saltgrass Steak House
El Paso, Texas
Located downtown, the El Paso Museum of Art is small gem of artworks from European, Mexican and Latin-American artists. The best thing about the...
History & Culture: El Paso Museum of Art
Fort Worth, Texas
A very informative and really interesting tour about money, money-printing and currency in the US. The Bureau of Engraving has another location...
History & Culture: Bureau of Engraving
A real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the...
Sightseeing: USS Potomac