Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We travel two hours from Saigon to My Tho where we board our boat. Late morning finds us drifting down bustling arteries of the Mekong from where we veer off to travel down the tranquil canals. Our sightseeing on the island includes a visit to a traditional Mekong Delta home and its kitchen, where we sample seasonal fruit along with tea and honey and even local wine. We then walk to the village's boat landing where we board small sampans and paddle along narrow arroyos (waterways).
See boat paddling here We will break for lunch at a local restaurant.
Following lunch, we enjoy a leisurely, two-hour afternoon bicycle ride along a narrow dirt road during which we traverse bridges and pass through local farms. Arriving in Cai Be, we board a boat to the floating market and then cruise over 1.5km-wide Mekong river to Binh Hoa Phuoc. You can expect spectacular sunsets along the Mekong. We have dinner at and spend the night in an eco-guesthouse on Binh Hoa Phuoc island.
Day 2: Vinh Long to Can Tho. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Following breakfast, under the cool shelter of the green canopy, we bike half an hour to the ferry crossing for Vinh Long. We then have an extended ride to Can Tho. While our exact route will vary (depending on our group's cycling abilities), you can expect to pass through villages (with brick kiln and terracotta roofs), past rice fields, and by innumerable rural riverside villages.
We will break for lunch at a local restaurant. Late afternoon will be reserved for promenading production along the city quay or, if time permits, yet more cycling along riverside to Can Tho. We will stay in Can Tho. (or optional countryside homestay).
Day 3: Can Tho to Saigon. (Breakfast, lunch)
We embark on a morning boat trip to Cai Rang's floating market before heading up a quiet canal for more cruising along winding waterways. We then bike for two hours along back country roads taking in the breathtaking Mekong Delta scenery and greeting locals (many of whom will also be on bicycle). Following lunch we head back to Sai Gon where our tour ends.
* English Speaking tour leader (other languages upon requests)
* Accommodation Standard Hotel & Homestay.etc…
* Meals detailed in the itinerary (B = Breakfast , L = Lunches ,D = Dinners)
* Transportation by air-con.
* Boat trip
* Sightseeing excursions as outlined in itinerary
* Pump, bike tools, spares tubes.
* Spare bike
* Mineral water drinking.
* Seasonal fruits.
* International airfares
* Nha Trang - Saigon: US$ 57 per person
* Travel insurance and bike helmet (compulsory)
* Items of a personal nature
* Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
* Mineral water beyond that supplied
* Bike Hire: US$15/day
* Single Supplement
* Optional excursions
* Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
* Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
* Visa fees
* Departure taxes
* Tipping for guiding
How to get there:
+84 4 983.186.148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Top 3 luxury destination with luxury holiday makersHanoi: A capital city of Vietnam with population of about seven millions with a glorious history dating back to over thousands years ago attracts visitors from everywhere; there are a lot of things to see while in Hanoi and no vacation is [...]D: n/a00
- Top destination with luxury aspect in VietnamVietnam is home to some of the most unique natural and historical sites one could expect to visit, explore the scenic Halong and emerge you through the magnificent beauty by the thousands of lush green limestone karst, this is a place [...]D: n/a00
- Tob things to do in Hanoi Old QuarterOld quarter of Hanoi This is what you must visit, a series of connected and very small streets packed with scooters, Buddhist temples and pagodas and it is a short walk away from beautiful Hoan Kiem lake, the soul of the city, the top [...]D: n/a00
- Vietnam visa approval voucher | Vietnameseprivatetours.comWhy should i apply for a Vietnamese Visa approval voucher? Hassle-free ? Online Application and process, no passport send-off, or embassy referral Convenience ? Applicable Only for Air traveling to Vietnam Fastest Approval ? Maximum 48 [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Finding reasonable Cambodia tour packagesIf you are trying to take a Cambodia tour packages and would like to explore the marvels of ancient Indochina on a well planned holiday package, then, what better than to opt for a reasonable offers that are designed for like-minded holiday [...]D: n/a00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go to Augsburg, you should visit the roman museum, the arts museum and take a look at the so called 'Fuggersiedlung'. It was the first...
General: Visit the Museums and the Fuggersiedlung
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you are at the central square of the city you will see a place labeled 'Langos'. Langos is the name of a kind of pancake which can be served...
General: Eating in Szentendre
4 Days 3 Night Itinerary for Ooty: Day 1: Arrive into Coonoor and check into a homestay/ resort/bungalow at Coonoor. After lunch, get a taxi...
Sightseeing: 4 days 3 Nights Itinerary for Ooty
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
A museum that is dedicated to the famous Reds ballplayers, the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame is entertaining to non-fans too. There are also...
History & Culture: Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame
New Orleans, Louisiana
St. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is...
Sightseeing: St. Louis Cathedral