Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can Tho
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We travel two hours from Saigon to My Tho where we board our boat. Late morning finds us drifting down bustling arteries of the Mekong from where we veer off to travel down the tranquil canals. Our sightseeing on the island includes a visit to a traditional Mekong Delta home and its kitchen, where we sample seasonal fruit along with tea and honey and even local wine. We then walk to the village's boat landing where we board small sampans and paddle along narrow arroyos (waterways).
See boat paddling here We will break for lunch at a local restaurant.
Following lunch, we enjoy a leisurely, two-hour afternoon bicycle ride along a narrow dirt road during which we traverse bridges and pass through local farms. Arriving in Cai Be, we board a boat to the floating market and then cruise over 1.5km-wide Mekong river to Binh Hoa Phuoc. You can expect spectacular sunsets along the Mekong. We have dinner at and spend the night in an eco-guesthouse on Binh Hoa Phuoc island.
Day 2: Vinh Long to Can Tho. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Following breakfast, under the cool shelter of the green canopy, we bike half an hour to the ferry crossing for Vinh Long. We then have an extended ride to Can Tho. While our exact route will vary (depending on our group's cycling abilities), you can expect to pass through villages (with brick kiln and terracotta roofs), past rice fields, and by innumerable rural riverside villages.
We will break for lunch at a local restaurant. Late afternoon will be reserved for promenading production along the city quay or, if time permits, yet more cycling along riverside to Can Tho. We will stay in Can Tho. (or optional countryside homestay).
Day 3: Can Tho to Saigon. (Breakfast, lunch)
We embark on a morning boat trip to Cai Rang's floating market before heading up a quiet canal for more cruising along winding waterways. We then bike for two hours along back country roads taking in the breathtaking Mekong Delta scenery and greeting locals (many of whom will also be on bicycle). Following lunch we head back to Sai Gon where our tour ends.
* English Speaking tour leader (other languages upon requests)
* Accommodation Standard Hotel & Homestay.etc…
* Meals detailed in the itinerary (B = Breakfast , L = Lunches ,D = Dinners)
* Transportation by air-con.
* Boat trip
* Sightseeing excursions as outlined in itinerary
* Pump, bike tools, spares tubes.
* Spare bike
* Mineral water drinking.
* Seasonal fruits.
* International airfares
* Nha Trang - Saigon: US$ 57 per person
* Travel insurance and bike helmet (compulsory)
* Items of a personal nature
* Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
* Mineral water beyond that supplied
* Bike Hire: US$15/day
* Single Supplement
* Optional excursions
* Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
* Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
* Visa fees
* Departure taxes
* Tipping for guiding
How to get there:
+84 4 983.186.148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Travel around HanoiThe road condition in Hanoi is dramatically crowded due to thousands of bicycles, motorbikes along the way. Thus, taxi, cyclo and car with Vietnamese driver are the best way to travel around Hanoi. There are reliable taxi companies [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Holidaying in Vietnam through AsiaHotelBizWe at Asia hotel Biz offer you a wide selection of attractive tour packages, resorts and boutique hotels at Vietnam. With a huge range of discounted hotels and motels, accommodation and resorts, you can choose the best one for you according [...]D: 0.8mi01
- Vietnam holidayVietnam holiday, Online book holidays in Vietnam: http://www.vietnamholiday.us [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Vietnam luxury beach vacation 8 daysDay 1: Ho Chi Minh city arrival - Cu Chi tunnels Warmly welcome on arrival HCMC. Transfer to hotel. In the afternoon take private tour to visit the city or Cu Chi tunnels.Overnight in HCMC. Day 2: HCMC - Nha Trang (B) In the morning [...]D: n/a00
- Halong bay - Cat Ba - Monkey Island Resort 4 DaysDay 1: Hanoi – Ha long (Lunch, dinner) 08h00 AM: Depart for Halong in 3 hours and a half (you will have a short break of 30 minutes in Hai Duong province). 11h30 AM: Arrive Ha long bay, get on the Junk, your lunch will be in the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Please do not miss the Monumental Ilumination of the Itaipu. Only occurs in fridays and saturdays, but it worth it.
General: Don´t Miss
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
Los Cabos, Mexico
This tour was an amazing way to see the real Mexico. We explored desert areas with cactus and iguanas, went horse-riding under the blazing sun and...
Outdoors Activities: Desertica Cabo Multi adventure Park
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
Helsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there...
Food: Kahvila Suomi
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Uneon Park is resgistered as the oldest park in Tokyo and is a favorite place for families. They have not just peaceful walkways but temples, art...
Sightseeing: Ueno Park