Organizing a Laos vacation from Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Organizing a Laos vacation from Hanoi
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
However, Vientiane is a French colonial architecture city with Buddhist temples such as the golden, 16th-century Pha That Luang which referred as a national symbol. Along broad boulevards and tree-lined streets are notable temples including Wat Si Saket, which features thousands of Buddha images, and Wat Si Muang, built on a Hindu shrine. Many bakeries, cafes and villas seem straight out of 19th-century Paris.
What to see in Vientiane: There is a long list of things to see when in the capital city, most of the tour organizers will show you the key attractions which are also very important to visit but for some travelers a longer stay means to get to know the city on its core value, Vientiane hosts a several eye-catching pagodas, temples and impressive markets which held in morning and night that attract travelers in order to see the real culture. Some of the top attractions such as Buddha Park (Xieng Khuan), Lao National Museum, Patuxai or Victory Monument, Wat Si Saket, That Luang, Presidential palace, Wat Ho Phra Keo, Chao Anouvong Park and many more.
Getting to Laos is now easier than before though there still no direct flight to Laos from Australia or Europe but there will be frequent flights to either Vientiane and or Luang Prabang from the neighboring countries such as from Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Malaysia and or Singapore.
Day trips and other adventure tours could be arranged very easy from Vientiane, one could opt for a day trip to visit Vang Vieng and or Buddha Park, also, to combine a Laos holiday with either Cambodia and or Vietnam you may work on your planning schedule and plan an itinerary that suits your interest and allow you ti visit the sites you would like to see more, both country have a high number of visitors, an all inclusive package would work very well.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Vietnam Travel GuideVietnam travel guide http://www.nhomphuot.com/tag/phuot [...]D: 507.9mi00
- Vacation in Vietnam for solo female travelersGirls are always concerning about where to travel to feel more safe, or to get the most of the destination they vacationing to in a easier way, our girl guides in following article will tell you more about having a worry free luxury [...]D: n/a00
- Halong Bay Cruises, travel tipsHa Long Bay is in northern Vietnam, 170 km (105 mi) east of Hanoi. The bay is famous for its scenic ocean karst topography and is often included in lists of natural wonders of the world. This amazing seascape of virtually uninhabited [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Booking luxury holiday to Vietnam for Lunar New Year 2016Luxury Holiday makers heading to Vietnam towards the start of February may find their stay at the luxury resorts coincides with the Traditional Lunar New Year called TET holiday in Vietnamese lunar calendar. The New Year event, which is [...]D: n/a00
- Festival Hue, National Tourism Year to coincide in 2012Festival Hue, National Tourism Year to coincide in 2012 Festival HueNext year's Festival Hue will coincide with the National Tourism Year to be held across the north-central coastal region, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has [...]D: 2.3mi10
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Burj Al Arab is supposed to be the most expensive hotel in the world. When I went there I told the guard that I was in Dubai for a travel...
Sightseeing: Burj Al Arab
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
This church has become a sort of visiting card for Vilnius. It is considered to be the masterpiece of late Lithuanian Gothic. It's a must to see...
Sightseeing: St. Ann's Church
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Also visit the historical center of Oradea with plenty of old monuments built at the begining of the 19th century. The architecture of the center...
General: The baroque historical center
Only 6 miles to the north of Indianapolis, Conner Prairie is an outdoor museum with lots of interactive shows and exhibitions. Favorite of both...
History & Culture: Conner Prairie
With a huge variety of exhibitions and collection, the Milwaukee Public Museum is maybe the best in town, or in the US. Ranging from vegetation to...
History & Culture: Milwaukee Public Museum
San Francisco, California
Hidden within Golden Gate Park is a lake and a mountainous island. Stow Lake which has deep San Francisco history is a great spot for a picnic or...
Outdoors Activities: Stow Lake