Ho Chi Minh – Cu Chi Tunnels – Mekong Delta - Hanoi – Halong Bay, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Ho Chi Minh – Cu Chi Tunnels – Mekong Delta - Hanoi – Halong Bay
- General travel tip
- City center
(06 Days 05 Nights)
Day01: Saigon Arrival Dinner
Arrival in Saigon, meet Welcome Vietnam Tour local guide at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Flight: 15h45) and transfer to hotel for check in. A short Sai Gon city tour (if time permit): Thien Hau Pagoda, China Town. Welcome dinner on cruise along Saigon River. Overnight at hotel in HCMC.
Day 02: Ho Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta (My Tho) – Ho Chi Minh Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
AM: Transfer to My Tho. Boat ride on Mekong river and visit an orchard island where almost all the tropical fruit of southern Vietnam can be found and tasted.
PM: Back to Ho Chi Minh City. The rest of the day is free. Overnight hotel in HCMC.
Day 03: Ho Chi Minh City Tour And Cu Chi Tunnel Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
AM: Transfer to Cu Chi. Visit the underground village, which used to be a bitter battle ground for a long period during the Vietnam war. The amazing network of over 200 km of underground tunnels will offer you impression of the former fierce war in South Vietnam.
PM: Ho Chi Minh Sight-seeing tour: Reunification Palace, War Crime Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, former US Embassy, Ben Thanh Market. Overnight hotel in HCMC.
Day 04: Ho Chi Minh City – Hanoi Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Free at leisure till transfer to Tan Son Nhat airport for departure to Hanoi. On arrival at Noi Bai Ai, you are met and drive to the historic complex of Ba Dinh. Visit Ba Dinh Square, where The Late President Ho Chi Minh declared Vietnams Independence on 2 September 1945, Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum and continue to the One Pillar Pagoda, the must-see monument in Hanoi - It is an ancient Buddhist pagoda, built in the early 11th century in the reign of King Ly Thai Tong, all construction supported by only one pillar, resembling a Buddhist lotus. Tran Quoc Pagoda. Quan Thanh Temple.
PM: Transfer to Ha Long. Dinner and overnight at hotel in Halong.
Day 05: Visit Halong Bay - Ha Noi Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
8H00: Take a private boat trip to visit Ha Long bay (A Natural World Heritage) with: Thien Cung grotto, Dau Go Cave, Dinh Huong, Ga Choi Islet,... Which is crammed with stalactites and stalagmites. There are numerous rocks and islands, which are predominantly composed of hardened dolomite together with smaller amounts of calcium carbonate. Lunch on boat with seafood.
13H00: Transfer back to Ha Noi. Dinner at local restaurant. Enjoy Vietnam traditional water puppet show.
Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Day 06: Hanoi Departure Breakfast
Free at leisure, till drive to Noi Bai International Airport for departure. Home sweet home.
Ho Chi Minh – Cu Chi Tunnels – Mekong Delta - Hanoi – Halong Bay
On the web:
2. http://www.vietnamtravelways.com PR5
3. http://www.easytoindochina.com PR2
4. http://www.dulichchaovietnam.com PR3Reply
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Expected to welcome the six million international...Expected to welcome the six million international visitors in Quang Ninh VNAT said, with current growth, Vietnam's tourism sector is expected to welcome the six million international guests by the end of this December. According to VNAT, [...]D: 2.3mi10
- Holidaying in Vietnam through AsiaHotelBizWe at Asia hotel Biz offer you a wide selection of attractive tour packages, resorts and boutique hotels at Vietnam. With a huge range of discounted hotels and motels, accommodation and resorts, you can choose the best one for you according [...]D: 0.8mi01
- Classic Vietnam Sightseeing Tour 10 Days 9 NightsDay 1: Arrival Hanoi Vietnam Today you’ll land in Hanoi. Warmly welcome by Tour Guide & Car Driver at airport then transfer to Hanoi Downtown, a city of lakes, shaded boulevards, public parks, and the capital of Vietnam. Check into your [...]D: 0.1mi00
- The Partition of VietnamThe Partition of Vietnam The Partition of Vietnam was the establishment of the 17th parallel as the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone in 1954, splitting Vietnam into halves after the First Indochina War. The Geneva Conference was held [...]D: n/a00
- Halong bay - Cat Ba - Monkey Island Resort 4 DaysDay 1: Hanoi – Ha long (Lunch, dinner) 08h00 AM: Depart for Halong in 3 hours and a half (you will have a short break of 30 minutes in Hai Duong province). 11h30 AM: Arrive Ha long bay, get on the Junk, your lunch will be in the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Breakthrough cafe is a great place for people to try the traditional local desert known as the cendol it originated from South east Asia and...
Food: Breakthrough Cafe
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
For the BBQ-lover, Charles Vergos Rendezvous is the perfect place. They have the most excellent ribs prepared with care and delicates. Though I...
Food: Charles Vergos Rendezvous
New Orleans, Louisiana
Lafitte's Blacksmith claims to be one of the oldest bars in the United States, and even if that's not accurate, this pub is pretty old anyway - it...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
Wahweap Marina is a great spot to spend a couple of nice days by the water. They have a great selection of rentals (power boats and house boats)....
Beaches : Wahweap Marina