Ho Chi Minh – Cu Chi Tunnels – Mekong Delta - Hanoi – Halong Bay, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Ho Chi Minh – Cu Chi Tunnels – Mekong Delta - Hanoi – Halong Bay
- General travel tip
- City center
(06 Days 05 Nights)
Day01: Saigon Arrival Dinner
Arrival in Saigon, meet Welcome Vietnam Tour local guide at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Flight: 15h45) and transfer to hotel for check in. A short Sai Gon city tour (if time permit): Thien Hau Pagoda, China Town. Welcome dinner on cruise along Saigon River. Overnight at hotel in HCMC.
Day 02: Ho Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta (My Tho) – Ho Chi Minh Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
AM: Transfer to My Tho. Boat ride on Mekong river and visit an orchard island where almost all the tropical fruit of southern Vietnam can be found and tasted.
PM: Back to Ho Chi Minh City. The rest of the day is free. Overnight hotel in HCMC.
Day 03: Ho Chi Minh City Tour And Cu Chi Tunnel Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
AM: Transfer to Cu Chi. Visit the underground village, which used to be a bitter battle ground for a long period during the Vietnam war. The amazing network of over 200 km of underground tunnels will offer you impression of the former fierce war in South Vietnam.
PM: Ho Chi Minh Sight-seeing tour: Reunification Palace, War Crime Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, former US Embassy, Ben Thanh Market. Overnight hotel in HCMC.
Day 04: Ho Chi Minh City – Hanoi Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Free at leisure till transfer to Tan Son Nhat airport for departure to Hanoi. On arrival at Noi Bai Ai, you are met and drive to the historic complex of Ba Dinh. Visit Ba Dinh Square, where The Late President Ho Chi Minh declared Vietnams Independence on 2 September 1945, Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum and continue to the One Pillar Pagoda, the must-see monument in Hanoi - It is an ancient Buddhist pagoda, built in the early 11th century in the reign of King Ly Thai Tong, all construction supported by only one pillar, resembling a Buddhist lotus. Tran Quoc Pagoda. Quan Thanh Temple.
PM: Transfer to Ha Long. Dinner and overnight at hotel in Halong.
Day 05: Visit Halong Bay - Ha Noi Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
8H00: Take a private boat trip to visit Ha Long bay (A Natural World Heritage) with: Thien Cung grotto, Dau Go Cave, Dinh Huong, Ga Choi Islet,... Which is crammed with stalactites and stalagmites. There are numerous rocks and islands, which are predominantly composed of hardened dolomite together with smaller amounts of calcium carbonate. Lunch on boat with seafood.
13H00: Transfer back to Ha Noi. Dinner at local restaurant. Enjoy Vietnam traditional water puppet show.
Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Day 06: Hanoi Departure Breakfast
Free at leisure, till drive to Noi Bai International Airport for departure. Home sweet home.
Ho Chi Minh – Cu Chi Tunnels – Mekong Delta - Hanoi – Halong Bay
On the web:
2. http://www.vietnamtravelways.com PR5
3. http://www.easytoindochina.com PR2
4. http://www.dulichchaovietnam.com PR3Reply
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Marguerite Junk Halong BayMarguerite Junks Halong bay belong to Tonkin Cruise Company! They have 4 Marguerite Junks : Marguerite Junk 01 built in 2009 , Marguerite Junk 02 built in 2011 and Marguerite Garden built in 2012. Marguerite Junks are Superior Cruises in [...]D: n/a00
- A Taste of Vietnam with greentrailtourism.comDetail Itinerary This trip is designed for the traveler with limited time and an unlimited appetite for a culinary adventure. It features a 12-day itinerary of Vietnam 's most popular spots, with many special opportunities to discover [...]D: n/a00
- Hanoi Cooking Classes TourCooking class 1How great would it be to be able to return home from your time in Vietnam, to dazzle your family and friends with mouth-watering delicacies like Banana Flower Salad, Bun Cha and Fresh Spring Rolls. [...]D: n/a00
- How to book ast minute all inclusive Vietnam packages toursIf you are looking into some great information on a last minute Vietnam packages tours you may think of a holiday that is more flexible so you just book it a way as this kind of last minute holiday packages are on offer for limited time, of [...]D: n/a00
- Travel around HanoiThe road condition in Hanoi is dramatically crowded due to thousands of bicycles, motorbikes along the way. Thus, taxi, cyclo and car with Vietnamese driver are the best way to travel around Hanoi. There are reliable taxi companies [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
You should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close.
Sightseeing: The Escorial
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Pelion Mountain is very close to the city of Volos, you can easily reach it from the city by taking the bus. There are so many amazing things there...
Outdoors Activities: Pelion Mountain
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Kabini is one of the best wildlife zones in this part of the world in Karnataka in India. Wildlife enthusiasts and tourists come here and enjoy the...
Outdoors Activities: Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
With a huge variety of exhibitions and collection, the Milwaukee Public Museum is maybe the best in town, or in the US. Ranging from vegetation to...
History & Culture: Milwaukee Public Museum