Dublin Writers Museum, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > Dublin Writers Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
No matter how well you think you know one writer or another, you may always ind here something new and surprising.
You will find here books, letters and personal staff of Oscar Wilde, Samuel Becket and many others.
There is also a very nice bookshop and a chafe inside the building that I also warmly recommend.
Dublin Writers Museum
18 Parnell Square
Adults: 7,50 Euros
Children: 4,70 Euros
Monday-Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- The GravediggersThe Gravediggers is one of the greatest pubs in the world. The place got it's name from the gravediggers who often attended the pub after a long day of hard work. This because The Gravediggers is located right next to the Glasnevin Cemetery [...]D: 1.8mi00
- General opening timesThe same opening hours apply in the whole country. Stores and supermarkets are opened mostly between 9am and 6pm. Thursday evenings are special, most shops stay opened until 8pm or 9pm on this day. Pubs are opened from 10:30am to 11:30pm [...]D: n/a00
- Shelbourne Park Greyhound StadiumIf you like betting on horses, you should also try the dog race stadium at Dublin, the Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium. There you can already bet with only some Euros and it´s really funny to watch the fast dogs. [...]D: 1.2mi00
- The weatherIf you go to Dublin, be prepared that the weather is not a certain thing there - it's the same in the whole country. An Irish saying tells that 'if you don't like the weather, just wait for 5 minutes and it will change'. It is never very [...]D: n/a00
- Guinness StorehouseGuinness Storehouse is like the origin of all beers and a little piece of Irish history and culture. You can follow the brewing process, you will meet the different types of the Guinness and even meet Arthur Guinness, the father of this [...]D: 1.1mi10
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
Vancouver, British Columbia
In the Vancouver Aquarium you can see so many water animals like mammals and reptiles, fish. The largest Marine Science Center is located inside...
Family & Fun: Aquarium in Stanley Park
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
We've been to the Tulsa Garden Center last year during summer and we can only recommend the place. It is as good that the facility is not open...
Sightseeing: Tulsa Garden Center