Dublin Writers Museum, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > Dublin Writers Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
No matter how well you think you know one writer or another, you may always ind here something new and surprising.
You will find here books, letters and personal staff of Oscar Wilde, Samuel Becket and many others.
There is also a very nice bookshop and a chafe inside the building that I also warmly recommend.
Dublin Writers Museum
18 Parnell Square
Adults: 7,50 Euros
Children: 4,70 Euros
Monday-Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- Overall Trip to Northern IrelandThe tip I would like to share today is about visiting Northern Ireland which is very fascinating & you should take proper care about the things that are required to end your journey properly. Also you must have to book a travel package [...]D: 118.8mi00
- Dublin view from the riverI can warmly recommend you to go on a river cruise if you are in Dublin using the Liffey River Cruise. It is a great tour of about 45-50 minutes from the city center to the Docklands and back. It passes under several of the bridges of the [...]D: n/a00
- Christchurch CathedralThe Cathedral is about one thousand years old. It's amazing and magnificent! It is huge and beautiful, a little bit like a castle. The inside of the cathedral is wonderful, so huge and beautifully decorated. There are pointed arches all [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Guinness StorehouseGuinness Storehouse is like the origin of all beers and a little piece of Irish history and culture. You can follow the brewing process, you will meet the different types of the Guinness and even meet Arthur Guinness, the father of this [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Shelbourne Park Greyhound StadiumIf you like betting on horses, you should also try the dog race stadium at Dublin, the Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium. There you can already bet with only some Euros and it´s really funny to watch the fast dogs. [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
The place with the best night life is definitely Siofok. You can find there parties all night long right near the Balaton lake. Give it a try!
Night Life & Entertainment: Siofok, near Balaton lake
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
New Orleans, Louisiana
Tipitina's was featured in The Big Easy, the 1987 film, and it is one o the liveslies night spot in the city. It is a venue where you can see...
Night Life & Entertainment: Tipitina's in New orleans
Durban, South Africa
Plan ahead, go on line or to the local library and find out about the places you are visiting, to know everything about it.
General: Visit the local library