The weather, Dublin, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > The weather
- General travel tip
- City center
It is never very cold, indeed, but the sky is almost always cloudy. It's raining almost every day, so never forget your raincoat or umbrella.
But while being nervous about the weather, remember, that is what makes the whole country so impossibly green. :)
In the whole country.
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- Clontarf CastleIf you like good food and a guiness in a noble atmosphere, you should go there. You can even get very good rooms in the hotel, not cheap but ver well equipped. [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Lodging and food in DublinLodging: Harding Hotel, Jury's Inn Christ Church Food: Queen of Tarts on Cows Lane for excellent breakfast or lunch [...]D: n/a00
- The Old Library Trinity CollageTrinity Collage is like a trademark of Dublin. Its huge library is just amazing - if you like books and libraries. :) You can barely imagine the amount of books there and the atmosphere of gratitude that captures you when you step in. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- General opening timesThe same opening hours apply in the whole country. Stores and supermarkets are opened mostly between 9am and 6pm. Thursday evenings are special, most shops stay opened until 8pm or 9pm on this day. Pubs are opened from 10:30am to 11:30pm [...]D: n/a00
- Great Pub in DublinDublin is famous for its numerous pubs. My favorite one, if that is even possible, is the Ha'penny Bridge Inn. Nights are really great there with live music from traditional Irish to jazz and also great and famous comedy nights. They are [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
This museum used to be the home of a famous French-born industrialist, and it actually still feels like somebody's home. A majestic, modernist,...
History & Culture: Museu Chácara do Céu Rio de Janeiro
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Colorado Springs, Colorado
American and Mexican in combination, the cuisine of the Saltgrass Steak House is unique and yet traditional. Becoming a legend itself, the...
Food: Saltgrass Steak House
Located in the grounds of the University of California Riverside, the UCR Botanic Gardens is the peaceful and relaxed getaway spot for the tired...
Sightseeing: UCR Botanic Gardens