Merriot - Great place to stay in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Merriot - Great place to stay in Detroit
- General travel tip
- City center
The room was spacious, equipped with everything you need starting from alarm clock to iron and ironing board. The bed was the greatest; I’ve never slept so comfortably before. There was satellite TV, internet (wired in the rooms, wireless in public areas), daily room-service. The only drawback (beside the fact that everything was expensive) was that pets are not allowed in the hotel, except service animals for disabled people. We wanted to bring our cat with us, but had to leave her with a neighbor eventually.
E Jefferson Ave & Brush St, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Around $140 per person.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Henry Ford Museum in DetroitThis museum a like a fantasy land. It is full of historical and scientific exhibitions and you don’t even know which one to go see. My first trip was to Greenfield Village which takes you back in time and offers a great tour of [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Greektown - A Bit of Europe in DetroitI was so amazed when I went to see the famous Greektown district in downtown Detroit last summer. I would have never thought a district such as this could survive for so long. It is said that there were Germans who first established the [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Motown Historical Museum in DetroitThe most amazing historical museum regarding music I’ve ever seen and experienced. The first thing our guide showed us was Berry Gordy’s house with its surrounding rooms which later was transformed into the Museum. We were explained how [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Detroit Princess RiverboatThe view of the city and the river from the deck of the Detroit Princess Riverboat is beautiful and breathtaking. During the 2.5 hour trip, you can relax, eat, listen to live music and enjoy the view. What’s best that you are not obliged [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Knightsbridge Antique MallThis store is one of the best places to buy antiques, souvenirs or collectibles. The staff is really friendly, they are willing to help in any way they can, and you don’t have that bad felling that you’re annoying them. For those who [...]D: 23.6mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ski Dubai is located inside Mall of the Emirates. When I was there I was just amazed about how they had managed to build this thing inside a mall,...
Family & Fun: Ski Dubai
The Malaga city center is very beautiful. It's made up of many old houses. You can really see the amount of money that Spain once had from the...
Sightseeing: Walk around in the old city center
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
They so many sandwiches and burgers to choose from at Stella's Kentucky Deli that you get confused when you get to the end and still don't...
Food: Stella's Kentucky Deli
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
We wanted to avoid the crowd so we decided to try another Italian restaurant away from the downtown area. The Ciao Bella seemed the perfect choice...
Food: Ciao Bella
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.