Detroit Sights and Landmarks Guide, Michigan
The signs of Detroit’s rich history could be seen in a variety of sights and attractions in the city. These spots welcome both locals and vacationers alike. The talents as well as other artistic skills of the natives are manifested in different places. Edifices and architecture, cultural venues, natural and educational attractions sprung here and there for the delight of travelers.
Edifices and Architectures
Bridges and dams, and buildings and towers are found under this category. Some of the sights under this classification are:
· Ambassador Bridge. This 9,200-foot bridge connects the United States with Canada. More than one-fourth of their trading activities use this bridge, hence, making it a landmark in Detroit.
· Fisher Building. Situated at 3011 West Grand Boulevard, this is one of the historical buildings in the US. This was built in the 1920s with the use of lime, granite and marble.
· GM Renaissance Center. This 73-storey tall building can be found at 400 Renaissance Center. It is located above the Detroit River. It actually embraces a lot of tourist attractions from movie theaters and shopping stalls to hotels and conference halls.
Detroit’s heritage may also be seen through zoos and aquariums as well as science centers. Some of the notable tourist spots are:
· Bell Isle Nature Zoo. This zoo is found in Belle Isle Park along Lakeside Drive. You can take your family into nature’s trip to see the variety of plants and animals. It is open every day from 10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM.
· The New Detroit Science Center. This 110,000 square-foot building stands on 5020 John R Street. It was constructed for the purpose of scientific discoveries. It houses a Digital Imax Theater, a planetarium and exhibit laboratories.
Bodies of water, parks and gardens comprise these type of attractions. In Detroit, the following spots are commendable for a visit:
· Detroit River. This historical river, which became the home of French and British in the past, is 32 miles long. This is the source for recreational activities for both tourists and locals.
· Anna Whitcomb Conservatory. This garden showcases a lot of flower collection. From exotic flowers to the Heritage and Perennial gardens, the conservatory basically preserves the beauty of nature.
· Belle Isle Park. This park was designed after the trend set by Paris with regards to metropolitan parks. Inhabitants of Detroit requested such a park, therefore making it one of the city’s sought after places.
These are but just some of the remarkable places found in Detroit. Just like other major cities in the United States, it also boasts cultural centers, theme parks, arenas and stadiums. You may also go to some of the Casinos in the place if you want to try your luck.
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
Read our members' reviews about Detroit
- The short story of Detroit
review by mohds2 posted more then 30 days ago
Detroit is a large city in the state of Michigan and the seat of Wayne County. It is a main port city on Detroit River, in the Midwest area of the United States. Situated north of Windsor, Detroit is the main U.S. city that appears south ofCanada. Frenchman Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac founded...
Read our members' travel tips about Detroit
- A fountain on Belle Isle
travel tip by stef posted more then 30 days ago
As a big island on the Detroit River, Belle Isle has been a heavenly getaway for people who are in the middle of the city’s busy everyday life. Many see it like an oasis in the middle of a metropolitan area and are happy to finish...
- Detroit Princess Riverboat
travel tip by zlori posted more then 30 days ago
The view of the city and the river from the deck of the Detroit Princess Riverboat is beautiful and breathtaking. During the 2.5 hour trip, you can relax, eat, listen to live music and enjoy the view. What’s best that you are not...
- flightnetwork.com$118Frontier AirlinesInbound
Orlando, FL (MCO) → Detroit, MI (DTW)
01/18/2018 09:45 amOutbound
Detroit, MI (DTW) → Orlando, FL (MCO)
01/29/2018 12:10 pm
- flyfar.ca$137Spirit AirlinesInbound
Minneapolis, MN (MSP) → Detroit, MI (DTW)
02/21/2018 06:20 pmOutbound
Detroit, MI (DTW) → Minneapolis, MN (MSP)
02/28/2018 08:00 am
- flighthub.com$143United AirlinesInbound
Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) → Detroit, MI (DTW)
01/10/2018 05:55 amOutbound
Detroit, MI (DTW) → Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW)
01/15/2018 04:50 pm