Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays you can even hear traditional Greek music on the streets. And the food; it is just delicious. We went to the Pegasus Taverna and tried out the acclaimed saganaki (flamed cheese), which was pretty tasty although we feared they would burn down the building with the flames roaring to the ceiling (must be flame-retardant). All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go there again.
East of the intersection of Gratiot Avenue and Woodward Avenue.
The shops and restaurants have separate opening hours; the famous Greektown Casino is open 24/7.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Motown Historical Museum in DetroitThe most amazing historical museum regarding music I’ve ever seen and experienced. The first thing our guide showed us was Berry Gordy’s house with its surrounding rooms which later was transformed into the Museum. We were explained how [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Henry Ford Museum in DetroitThis museum a like a fantasy land. It is full of historical and scientific exhibitions and you don’t even know which one to go see. My first trip was to Greenfield Village which takes you back in time and offers a great tour of [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Benihana - the best sushi in DetroitI was a bit excited to go dining to Benihana because it was the first time I have tasted sushi. My friend took me there saying it’s the best Japanese restaurant in town and they serve excellent sushi, so I decided to go with him. It [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Merriot - Great place to stay in DetroitIt may be one of the most expensive hotels, but Detroit Marriot Renaissance Center is the best place where you can stay in an air-conditioned room on a hot summer day and enjoy a breathtaking view of the town. This was my first thought as [...]D: 0.8mi00
- A fountain on Belle IsleAs a big island on the Detroit River, Belle Isle has been a heavenly getaway for people who are in the middle of the city’s busy everyday life. Many see it like an oasis in the middle of a metropolitan area and are happy to finish [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Badiatravel Inbound Agency based in Tripoli
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
An indoor garden placed in a facility with windows as their outer walls, the Denver Botanic Garden not only looks amazing from the outside, but it...
History & Culture: Denver Botanic Gardens
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
The historic theater, which the locals call 'The Fox' has been preserved for many years and today, group tours are organized to present and...
Night Life & Entertainment: Historic Bob Hope Theater
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Exquisite and unique food, environment and ambiance is what we experienced at One Fish-Two Fish Restaurant on West Great Neck Road. The...
Food: One Fish-Two Fish Restaurant
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns