Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays you can even hear traditional Greek music on the streets. And the food; it is just delicious. We went to the Pegasus Taverna and tried out the acclaimed saganaki (flamed cheese), which was pretty tasty although we feared they would burn down the building with the flames roaring to the ceiling (must be flame-retardant). All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go there again.
East of the intersection of Gratiot Avenue and Woodward Avenue.
The shops and restaurants have separate opening hours; the famous Greektown Casino is open 24/7.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Family Get AwayFamily Fun getaway for my family and friends with love [...]D: n/a00
- Public Transportation in DetroitAs its name also suggests, this local tourist transportation moves people from one attraction to the other. The railway is up high in the sky, so the view from the train is something worthwhile. You are given an insight into the city’s [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit TigersThis park is the home of the Detroit Tigers. It has a huge stadium where you can watch the match. The old seats were changed; the new ones are much more comfortable and your view is not obstructed anymore either. The baseball cuisine is [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Fairly cheap St.RegisTrying to find a fairly cheap hotel in Detroit wasn’t an easy task as I imagined, but we managed in the end. There are so many hotels and motels, inns in that city you don’t even know where to look or which one to consider! :) [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Motown Historical Museum in DetroitThe most amazing historical museum regarding music I’ve ever seen and experienced. The first thing our guide showed us was Berry Gordy’s house with its surrounding rooms which later was transformed into the Museum. We were explained how [...]D: 3.7mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
If a german visits the sistine chapel, he should also visit the 'campo santo'. It reaches back in medieval times and you´re only allowed to enter...
General: Campo Santo
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The land of joy for kids, the Science Museum Oklahoma is open daily with a wide variety of interactive exhibits mostly for kids. At least they are...
Family & Fun: Science Museum Oklahoma
Saint Louis, Missouri
Really wonderful steaks, in a rich, elegant environment and great staff. We couldn't have asked more. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, located in...
Food: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse