Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays you can even hear traditional Greek music on the streets. And the food; it is just delicious. We went to the Pegasus Taverna and tried out the acclaimed saganaki (flamed cheese), which was pretty tasty although we feared they would burn down the building with the flames roaring to the ceiling (must be flame-retardant). All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go there again.
East of the intersection of Gratiot Avenue and Woodward Avenue.
The shops and restaurants have separate opening hours; the famous Greektown Casino is open 24/7.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit TigersThis park is the home of the Detroit Tigers. It has a huge stadium where you can watch the match. The old seats were changed; the new ones are much more comfortable and your view is not obstructed anymore either. The baseball cuisine is [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Family Get AwayFamily Fun getaway for my family and friends with love [...]D: n/a00
- Cultural city tour in DetroitChoosing the Cultural Center tour of Preservation Wayne was a great choice for me, because this way I was able to get a bigger picture of Detroit’s cultural heritage. It is wise to arrive early and dress properly because due to space [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Henry Ford Museum in DetroitThis museum a like a fantasy land. It is full of historical and scientific exhibitions and you don’t even know which one to go see. My first trip was to Greenfield Village which takes you back in time and offers a great tour of [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Tips for Detroit ZooThe Detroit zoo is a family attraction though I also enjoyed visiting it with friends. However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went there it was really hot and there were so many people and screaming children that we [...]D: 11.8mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
I am going to travel to Colombia and Argentina for xmas and new years looking for friendships in both countries email me firstname.lastname@example.org
General: Looking for company
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
If you like betting on horses, you should also try the dog race stadium at Dublin, the Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium. There you can already...
Night Life & Entertainment: Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The most significant factor which fulfills your requirements is a good planning as well as a fair travel preparation, no matter what will be the...
Sightseeing: Angkor Wat and Siem Reap luxury tour
Manhattan Beach, California
When you're in Manhattan Beach, make sure you go down to the pier and walk all the way to Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach and back. It's just a...
General: Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami
Don't bring a jacket here, EVER! You'll be sure to die from a heat stroke if you even consider it. Beware of the massive amounts of cursing around...