Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays you can even hear traditional Greek music on the streets. And the food; it is just delicious. We went to the Pegasus Taverna and tried out the acclaimed saganaki (flamed cheese), which was pretty tasty although we feared they would burn down the building with the flames roaring to the ceiling (must be flame-retardant). All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go there again.
East of the intersection of Gratiot Avenue and Woodward Avenue.
The shops and restaurants have separate opening hours; the famous Greektown Casino is open 24/7.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Merriot - Great place to stay in DetroitIt may be one of the most expensive hotels, but Detroit Marriot Renaissance Center is the best place where you can stay in an air-conditioned room on a hot summer day and enjoy a breathtaking view of the town. This was my first thought as [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Motown Historical Museum in DetroitThe most amazing historical museum regarding music I’ve ever seen and experienced. The first thing our guide showed us was Berry Gordy’s house with its surrounding rooms which later was transformed into the Museum. We were explained how [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Knightsbridge Antique MallThis store is one of the best places to buy antiques, souvenirs or collectibles. The staff is really friendly, they are willing to help in any way they can, and you don’t have that bad felling that you’re annoying them. For those who [...]D: 23.6mi00
- A fountain on Belle IsleAs a big island on the Detroit River, Belle Isle has been a heavenly getaway for people who are in the middle of the city’s busy everyday life. Many see it like an oasis in the middle of a metropolitan area and are happy to finish [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Cultural city tour in DetroitChoosing the Cultural Center tour of Preservation Wayne was a great choice for me, because this way I was able to get a bigger picture of Detroit’s cultural heritage. It is wise to arrive early and dress properly because due to space [...]D: 2.3mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Located in the historic downtown of Albuquerque, the chic bistro serves delicious Southwest food with amazingly flavorful desserts. The Artichoke...
Food: Artichoke Café
To see and experience a better and a larger part of Anchorage and Alaska, you shouldn't miss boarding a tour with the Alaska Railroad Depot....
Public Transportation: Alaska Railroad Depot
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
More than 30 years has Ingrid's Kitchen been serving German recipe based dishes to customers of Oklahoma City and other visitors. Their meals...
Food: Ingrid's Kitchen