Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays you can even hear traditional Greek music on the streets. And the food; it is just delicious. We went to the Pegasus Taverna and tried out the acclaimed saganaki (flamed cheese), which was pretty tasty although we feared they would burn down the building with the flames roaring to the ceiling (must be flame-retardant). All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go there again.
East of the intersection of Gratiot Avenue and Woodward Avenue.
The shops and restaurants have separate opening hours; the famous Greektown Casino is open 24/7.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Cultural city tour in DetroitChoosing the Cultural Center tour of Preservation Wayne was a great choice for me, because this way I was able to get a bigger picture of Detroit’s cultural heritage. It is wise to arrive early and dress properly because due to space [...]D: 2.3mi00
- The Joe Lewis Arena in DetroitThis huge arena is just on the banks of the Detroit River and until now has hosted the Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings 11 times. It is the home of the town’s hockey team they are very proud of, and additionally the area around the [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Family Get AwayFamily Fun getaway for my family and friends with love [...]D: n/a00
- Public Transportation in DetroitAs its name also suggests, this local tourist transportation moves people from one attraction to the other. The railway is up high in the sky, so the view from the train is something worthwhile. You are given an insight into the city’s [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Benihana - the best sushi in DetroitI was a bit excited to go dining to Benihana because it was the first time I have tasted sushi. My friend took me there saying it’s the best Japanese restaurant in town and they serve excellent sushi, so I decided to go with him. It [...]D: 7.6mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; email@example.com I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
It's one of the most popular symbols of Vilnius and even Lithuania. Howerer, just one tower survided until our days. It now houses a...
History & Culture: Gediminas Castle
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Going to visit family n friends in paradise!
General: Family n friends