Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays you can even hear traditional Greek music on the streets. And the food; it is just delicious. We went to the Pegasus Taverna and tried out the acclaimed saganaki (flamed cheese), which was pretty tasty although we feared they would burn down the building with the flames roaring to the ceiling (must be flame-retardant). All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go there again.
East of the intersection of Gratiot Avenue and Woodward Avenue.
The shops and restaurants have separate opening hours; the famous Greektown Casino is open 24/7.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Family Get AwayFamily Fun getaway for my family and friends with love [...]D: n/a00
- Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit TigersThis park is the home of the Detroit Tigers. It has a huge stadium where you can watch the match. The old seats were changed; the new ones are much more comfortable and your view is not obstructed anymore either. The baseball cuisine is [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Motown Historical Museum in DetroitThe most amazing historical museum regarding music I’ve ever seen and experienced. The first thing our guide showed us was Berry Gordy’s house with its surrounding rooms which later was transformed into the Museum. We were explained how [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Knightsbridge Antique MallThis store is one of the best places to buy antiques, souvenirs or collectibles. The staff is really friendly, they are willing to help in any way they can, and you don’t have that bad felling that you’re annoying them. For those who [...]D: 23.6mi00
- Tips for Detroit ZooThe Detroit zoo is a family attraction though I also enjoyed visiting it with friends. However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went there it was really hot and there were so many people and screaming children that we [...]D: 11.8mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you go from Brussels with the TGV towards Lille or London, it's recommended to be at the train station at least 30 minutes before the...
General: TGV from Brussels to London - security check
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Are you interested in hiring a personal tour guide on your trip to Peru? Hire a professional interpreter & Guide in Peru you can contact him...
General: Tour Guide in Lima, Peru
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
As a traveler if you decide to visit Romania and on your schedule you'll find some time to explore Bucharest, than take a moment and stop in the...
Sightseeing: Historical Center of Bucharest
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
Singapore City, Singapore
This place is the place to go for those who would like to go for a treasure hunt, for all types of items, as the saying “one’s man...
Shopping: Thieves Flea Market @ Sungei Road, Singapore
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature