Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays you can even hear traditional Greek music on the streets. And the food; it is just delicious. We went to the Pegasus Taverna and tried out the acclaimed saganaki (flamed cheese), which was pretty tasty although we feared they would burn down the building with the flames roaring to the ceiling (must be flame-retardant). All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go there again.
East of the intersection of Gratiot Avenue and Woodward Avenue.
The shops and restaurants have separate opening hours; the famous Greektown Casino is open 24/7.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Motown Historical Museum in DetroitThe most amazing historical museum regarding music I’ve ever seen and experienced. The first thing our guide showed us was Berry Gordy’s house with its surrounding rooms which later was transformed into the Museum. We were explained how [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Knightsbridge Antique MallThis store is one of the best places to buy antiques, souvenirs or collectibles. The staff is really friendly, they are willing to help in any way they can, and you don’t have that bad felling that you’re annoying them. For those who [...]D: 23.6mi00
- Family Get AwayFamily Fun getaway for my family and friends with love [...]D: n/a00
- Henry Ford Museum in DetroitThis museum a like a fantasy land. It is full of historical and scientific exhibitions and you don’t even know which one to go see. My first trip was to Greenfield Village which takes you back in time and offers a great tour of [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Merriot - Great place to stay in DetroitIt may be one of the most expensive hotels, but Detroit Marriot Renaissance Center is the best place where you can stay in an air-conditioned room on a hot summer day and enjoy a breathtaking view of the town. This was my first thought as [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
If you want to get an great view over the city of Ravensburg, you should climb up one of these medieval towers. It´s nearly like flying with an...
Family & Fun: The tower Mehlsack
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
For More Information About Tour & Trekking In Bhutan you may Visit Website.
Outdoors Activities: Trekking In Bhutan
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
From the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that...
General: Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar Trip
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends