Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- USS ConstellationYou don't always get the chance to go aboard a ship that has sailed the Atlantic Ocean in the service of America. So when we visited the USS Constellation in the Pier 1 in the Inner Baltimore Harbor, we felt we stepped onto a little [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Pier 5 HotelI really liked this hotel. Pier 5 Hotel doesn't just have an excellent location, but the staff in and out of the hotel provides excellent service too. They are courteous, helpful, and always smiling. My room was great, neat, clean and [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Urban PiratesThis was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on their ship, Fearless. The whole trip was amazing. My kids loved playing pirates, shooting with [...]D: n/a00
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Top of the World Observation LevelFor the best view of the city of Baltimore you definitely have to go up on the Top of the World Observation Level tower. There is a 360 view you get of the city and the view is just great. You see the whole Inner Harbor, most of downtown [...]D: 0.1mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
'Never been here before? We'll help you to organise your travel, but it is your trip in Morocco, you decide what to see where to go and when to...
Sightseeing: Morocco Desert Tour
Telling the story of this amazing state, the Texas State History Museum is a historical gem for the visitor. Detailed exhibits and varied...
History & Culture: Texas State History Museum
New England Aquarium is amazing. It is a three story complex with a lot of thematized exhibitions and programs for kids and adults as well...
Family & Fun: New England Aquarium in Boston
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
The most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes...
Food: Hala Cafe and Bakery
Long Beach, California
You just feel like you're in Venice, Italy. Taking part on a Gondola Getaway can be genuinely fun or a beautifully romantic. Whichever you...
Sightseeing: Gondola Getaway
A really child friendly zoo where kids can step up on ledges to see the animals better and with a giraffe feeding area which is maybe the most...
Family & Fun: Sedgwick County Zoo