Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Baltimore Museum of ArtThis museum is amazing, not just because the entrance is free for everyone, but because there are so many interesting exhibits you can check out and learn about that you get overwhelmed with info. I like visiting museum, so it was [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Miss Shirley's CafeIt was definitely worth it to start our morning at Miss Shirley's Cafe, because they serve the most delicious breakfast in the whole city. They are open until 3 pm, so you may also grab some lunch too, though their breakfast dishes are [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Baltimore National AquariumBorn in a mountain area, the sea and its inhabitants always has been fascinating to me. So every time I visit a city I try to get in an Aquarium if they have one. The Baltimore National Aquarium was an absolute treat for me! They presented [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Inner HarborThe Inner Harbor of Baltimore is the oldest seaport in America. The now major tourist attraction, the port is always bustling with people. Though we've been to various museums in the Inner Harbor, we decided to spend a day just walking [...]D: n/a00
- Fell's PointEstablished during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people from around the world. The kitschy shops, unique bars and cobblestoned streets make this [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
Plaza del Cibeles (Cybeles Square) is the most beautiful part of Madrid. It is surrounded by huge and impressive buildings. In the center of the...
Sightseeing: Plaza del Cibeles
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
Mexico City, Mexico
One of my favorite sights in the city, Casa de los Azulejos is beautiful, all covered with tiles blue and white. It was built at the beginning of...
History & Culture: Casa de los Azulejos (House of Tiles)
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
The main street of the city is the most beautiful main street I have seen in Transsylvania. The buildings are constructed from the 16th to the...
Sightseeing: Main street of Sibiu