Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Urban PiratesThis was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on their ship, Fearless. The whole trip was amazing. My kids loved playing pirates, shooting with [...]D: n/a00
- Federal Hill ParkFound at the southern part of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Federal Hill Park is the place to go if you'd like to have a great view of the harbor or the cityscape. You can take a walking tour (more details on their website) or just [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Talara BistroOne of the best restaurants that serve Latin food is Talara Bistro. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. You just can't get enough of them. We went there with a bigger group so we had to make reservations in advance, but if [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
- USS ConstellationYou don't always get the chance to go aboard a ship that has sailed the Atlantic Ocean in the service of America. So when we visited the USS Constellation in the Pier 1 in the Inner Baltimore Harbor, we felt we stepped onto a little [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Can someone tell me how cost to rent a scooter per day in paralia greece
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Visit Porta di Roma. This place is one of the largest shopping centers in Europe with apparently 250 shops. I went there last week and it's pretty...
Shopping: Visit Porta di Roma
11 giorni - 4 giorni di trekking a piedi 03/10/2012 - 13/10/2012 Questa escursione ci tuffa in una delle più belle valli del Marocco: uno...
General: Trekking Berbero nella Valle delle Rose e Dades
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
I don't think you will find such an interesting art museum with so many to things to show for free. You may have to pay some fees for special...
History & Culture: Cleveland Museum of Art
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami
This amazing little local is the place where country singers have played at least once in their life time. The Bluebird Cafe has seen artists like...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bluebird Cafe