Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Talara BistroOne of the best restaurants that serve Latin food is Talara Bistro. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. You just can't get enough of them. We went there with a bigger group so we had to make reservations in advance, but if [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Federal Hill ParkFound at the southern part of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Federal Hill Park is the place to go if you'd like to have a great view of the harbor or the cityscape. You can take a walking tour (more details on their website) or just [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
- American Visionary Art MuseumWhen you think of an art museum, you remember famous painters, sculptors or other craftsmen that have created beautiful artifacts. The American Visionary Art Museum has none of that. Their focus IS art, but an art that has been [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Inner HarborThe Inner Harbor of Baltimore is the oldest seaport in America. The now major tourist attraction, the port is always bustling with people. Though we've been to various museums in the Inner Harbor, we decided to spend a day just walking [...]D: n/a00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In the center of Bern is a really interested Chine restaurant, with the best chine food in Switzerland, thay said! Well I don't know how are the...
Food: Chine restaurant
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Hua Hin, Thailand
When staying at Hua Hin, you would be at times overwhelmed by its sheer beauty and all that it has to offer as a holiday getaway. It would serve...
General: When staying at Hua Hin
Fort Worth, Texas
The National Historic District of the city, the Fort Worth Stockyards is a gem of Western culture and entertainment. For the ones who are...
History & Culture: Fort Worth Stockyards
The newly renovated house of General George Crook is beautiful inside and out. There is also an adjoining garden with heirloom plants giving the...
History & Culture: General Crook House Museum
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt