Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Talara BistroOne of the best restaurants that serve Latin food is Talara Bistro. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. You just can't get enough of them. We went there with a bigger group so we had to make reservations in advance, but if [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Federal Hill ParkFound at the southern part of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Federal Hill Park is the place to go if you'd like to have a great view of the harbor or the cityscape. You can take a walking tour (more details on their website) or just [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Fell's PointEstablished during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people from around the world. The kitschy shops, unique bars and cobblestoned streets make this [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Miss Shirley's CafeIt was definitely worth it to start our morning at Miss Shirley's Cafe, because they serve the most delicious breakfast in the whole city. They are open until 3 pm, so you may also grab some lunch too, though their breakfast dishes are [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Pier 5 HotelI really liked this hotel. Pier 5 Hotel doesn't just have an excellent location, but the staff in and out of the hotel provides excellent service too. They are courteous, helpful, and always smiling. My room was great, neat, clean and [...]D: 0.3mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
Caffe Della Palme is really close to the Pantheon and actually located in the heart of Rome (Via de Pantheon I believe). It's the most amazing ice...
Food: Caffe Della Palme
In the cave the temperature is about 7 Celsius, wear tick clothes
General: Wear tick clothes
Boston is famous for its breweries, among many other things and the Samuel Adams Brewery makes some world famous beers. The brewery is open...
History & Culture: Samuel Adams Brewery
New York, New York
Agora Gallery, established 1984, is a fine art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists, providing quality and...
History & Culture: Agora Gallery