Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Urban PiratesThis was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on their ship, Fearless. The whole trip was amazing. My kids loved playing pirates, shooting with [...]D: n/a00
- American Visionary Art MuseumWhen you think of an art museum, you remember famous painters, sculptors or other craftsmen that have created beautiful artifacts. The American Visionary Art Museum has none of that. Their focus IS art, but an art that has been [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Fell's PointEstablished during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people from around the world. The kitschy shops, unique bars and cobblestoned streets make this [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Talara BistroOne of the best restaurants that serve Latin food is Talara Bistro. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. You just can't get enough of them. We went there with a bigger group so we had to make reservations in advance, but if [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the 'Zeppelin museum' in the city center, at the lake of constance. Afterwards you can enjoy the promenade at the lake.
General: Take a look what the city has got to offer
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
When you arrive at the Bear's Cave, you have to pay a little parking fee, but you benefits for it a shaded cold parking zone.
General: Parking at Bear's Cave
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter