Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Fell's PointEstablished during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people from around the world. The kitschy shops, unique bars and cobblestoned streets make this [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Miss Shirley's CafeIt was definitely worth it to start our morning at Miss Shirley's Cafe, because they serve the most delicious breakfast in the whole city. They are open until 3 pm, so you may also grab some lunch too, though their breakfast dishes are [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Federal Hill ParkFound at the southern part of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Federal Hill Park is the place to go if you'd like to have a great view of the harbor or the cityscape. You can take a walking tour (more details on their website) or just [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Inner HarborThe Inner Harbor of Baltimore is the oldest seaport in America. The now major tourist attraction, the port is always bustling with people. Though we've been to various museums in the Inner Harbor, we decided to spend a day just walking [...]D: n/a00
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Cluj-Napoca is one of the biggest and most crowded cities from Romania. It has a great nightlife, but a bit expensive. anyhow, I think you can give...
General: Big, crowded city
Visit Bratislava in November or December if you would like to see all the streets decorated, beautiful Christmas trees on the squares and of course...
Family & Fun: Christmas Market, Bratislava
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.