Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Urban PiratesThis was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on their ship, Fearless. The whole trip was amazing. My kids loved playing pirates, shooting with [...]D: n/a00
- Talara BistroOne of the best restaurants that serve Latin food is Talara Bistro. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. You just can't get enough of them. We went there with a bigger group so we had to make reservations in advance, but if [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Baltimore National AquariumBorn in a mountain area, the sea and its inhabitants always has been fascinating to me. So every time I visit a city I try to get in an Aquarium if they have one. The Baltimore National Aquarium was an absolute treat for me! They presented [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Fell's PointEstablished during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people from around the world. The kitschy shops, unique bars and cobblestoned streets make this [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
For me, the best shop was a chocolate shop. You can find it if you head to the train station starting from the center of the city. If you find it,...
Shopping: Chocolate shop in Szentendre
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
Spaccanapoli is the road that divides Naples. If you want to experience the real Neapolitan flair, you simply cannot miss the Spaccanapoli, which...
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
For a delicious breakfast or a salad, in Aurora you definitely have to go to Sam's No 3 bistro. They have such a wide variety of brunch...
Food: Sam's No 3
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Day 1: Arrival Hanoi (D) Warmly welcome on arrival in Hanoi airport. Transfer to hotel for check-in. Welcome dinner at Wild Rice Restaurant....
Sightseeing: Holiday to Vietnam 12 Days with Luxury Travel Vietnam