Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Fell's PointEstablished during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people from around the world. The kitschy shops, unique bars and cobblestoned streets make this [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Top of the World Observation LevelFor the best view of the city of Baltimore you definitely have to go up on the Top of the World Observation Level tower. There is a 360 view you get of the city and the view is just great. You see the whole Inner Harbor, most of downtown [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Talara BistroOne of the best restaurants that serve Latin food is Talara Bistro. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. You just can't get enough of them. We went there with a bigger group so we had to make reservations in advance, but if [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Baltimore National AquariumBorn in a mountain area, the sea and its inhabitants always has been fascinating to me. So every time I visit a city I try to get in an Aquarium if they have one. The Baltimore National Aquarium was an absolute treat for me! They presented [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
They have great Italian food and good jazz all the time. They have a TV and you can freely read newspapers and magazines. Altogether it's a rather...
Night Life & Entertainment: Caffè Megara
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Taking a short walk from the Old City to Penn’s Landing on Friday night can result in an amazing ending of a day. There are FREE concerts to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Free concerts on Penn’s Landing
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara