Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Fort McHenry National MonumentIt is always an exciting feeling to visit a historic site, and it wasn't any different with the Fort McHenry National Monument either. The place that inspire the national anthem, is an amazing sight, full of remains of the original [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Baltimore National AquariumBorn in a mountain area, the sea and its inhabitants always has been fascinating to me. So every time I visit a city I try to get in an Aquarium if they have one. The Baltimore National Aquarium was an absolute treat for me! They presented [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Baltimore Museum of ArtThis museum is amazing, not just because the entrance is free for everyone, but because there are so many interesting exhibits you can check out and learn about that you get overwhelmed with info. I like visiting museum, so it was [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Federal Hill ParkFound at the southern part of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Federal Hill Park is the place to go if you'd like to have a great view of the harbor or the cityscape. You can take a walking tour (more details on their website) or just [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Miss Shirley's CafeIt was definitely worth it to start our morning at Miss Shirley's Cafe, because they serve the most delicious breakfast in the whole city. They are open until 3 pm, so you may also grab some lunch too, though their breakfast dishes are [...]D: 4.1mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Are you feeling stressed and tired of your daily routine? Want to enjoy a rejuvenating vacation with your family? Plan a trip to visit an...
Family & Fun: Arena, Ponte Pietra, Lamberti Tower,Piazza Dell Erbe
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Located at the city limits of Aurora and very close to Denver, Cherry Creek State Park is perfect for a day out or for camping. The whole area is...
Outdoors Activities: Cherry Creek State Park
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Full of hiking opportunities and guided tram tours, the Sabino Canyon is the desert jewel of the Southwest. With the tram you make 9 stops and you...
Sightseeing: Sabino Canyon