Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Miss Shirley's CafeIt was definitely worth it to start our morning at Miss Shirley's Cafe, because they serve the most delicious breakfast in the whole city. They are open until 3 pm, so you may also grab some lunch too, though their breakfast dishes are [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Urban PiratesThis was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on their ship, Fearless. The whole trip was amazing. My kids loved playing pirates, shooting with [...]D: n/a00
- Fort McHenry National MonumentIt is always an exciting feeling to visit a historic site, and it wasn't any different with the Fort McHenry National Monument either. The place that inspire the national anthem, is an amazing sight, full of remains of the original [...]D: 2.3mi00
- American Visionary Art MuseumWhen you think of an art museum, you remember famous painters, sculptors or other craftsmen that have created beautiful artifacts. The American Visionary Art Museum has none of that. Their focus IS art, but an art that has been [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
In recent years, Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, has emerged as a hip different to major European powerhouses, like Paris and Rome. full with...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Best of Reykjavik
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Moussandra Mediterranean and Tapas Restaurant is a great place that sells authentic Greek, Spanish and Italian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. This is...
Food: Moussandra Mediterranean food.
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
Time in a bottle is one of the many bars that is located along Serangoon garden estate. It is a very popular bar among the locals and among the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Time in a bottle (Bar)
Raleigh, North Carolina
A really great place to eat in Raleigh is Margaux's Restaurant on Creedmoor Road. Though its Gothic-like decor may not seem the best choice for...
Food: Margaux's Restaurant