Basilica of the Assumption, Baltimore, Maryland
Travel tips > North America > United States > Baltimore > Basilica of the Assumption
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Basilica of the Assumption, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, has been a pilgrimage destination for decades. The newly renovated (in 2006) church hosts concerts, lectures and masses for both locals and visitors. A visit to this beautiful building is really worth your time, even if you are not the church-goer type.
W Mulberry St & Cathedral St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open from 7:00-16:30 on weekdays and until 17:30 on weekends.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Baltimore
- Lexington MarketAmerica's oldest and the world's largest market, this sight is a true attraction in itself. The Lexington Market is not just popular among visitors, but among locals as well. The annual and special events that are organized [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Federal Hill ParkFound at the southern part of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Federal Hill Park is the place to go if you'd like to have a great view of the harbor or the cityscape. You can take a walking tour (more details on their website) or just [...]D: 0.7mi00
- American Visionary Art MuseumWhen you think of an art museum, you remember famous painters, sculptors or other craftsmen that have created beautiful artifacts. The American Visionary Art Museum has none of that. Their focus IS art, but an art that has been [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Baltimore Museum of ArtThis museum is amazing, not just because the entrance is free for everyone, but because there are so many interesting exhibits you can check out and learn about that you get overwhelmed with info. I like visiting museum, so it was [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Miss Shirley's CafeIt was definitely worth it to start our morning at Miss Shirley's Cafe, because they serve the most delicious breakfast in the whole city. They are open until 3 pm, so you may also grab some lunch too, though their breakfast dishes are [...]D: 4.1mi00
Things about Baltimore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
With the most beautiful view of Lake Travis, the Oasis Restaurant is a popular lunch and dinner destination for people staying and visiting Austin....
Food: The Oasis Restaurant in Austin
We've never taken part on a tour that was led by musicians and were singing and performing throughout the whole 90-minute ride, so the Mojo...
History & Culture: Mojo Music Bus Tour
New Orleans, Louisiana
The Cabildo used to be the seat o the colonial government in Louisiana some centuries ago, but today it is quite an interesting museum, especially...
History & Culture: The Cabildo in New Orleans
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Banana Leaf @ Saigon is the certified halal restaurant in ho chi minh city. Its website: www.bananaleafsaigon.com
General: Banana Leaf @ Saigon
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing