Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site, Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can get a brief orientation at the visitor center, but the tour itself is self-guided. In order to visit Martin Luther King's birthplace, you need to sign up for a tour (only 15 people are allowed in at the same time), and you can do so at the Visitor Centre.
Another place of interest at the site is the Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church, where Luther King was baptized, and where he was ordained as a minister. The site offers a very educational and informative experience, and you can find out a lot of interesting information about MLK and American during his lifetime.
Martin Luther King, Jr National Historic Site, Atlanta, GA 30312, USA
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- Phipps Plaza in AtlantaIf you are planning a shopping spree in Atlanta, check out Phipps Plaza, and upscale shopping mall with over 100 specialty shops, five full-service restaurants, a food court, and a 14-screen movie theater. Some of the greatest brands in [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Buckhead Diner in AtlantaBuckhead is the ultimate 50's dining experience, what with the diner's retro style and elegance, and the interesting- but all-American nonetheless-menu options. You can have a large serving of crunchy, home-made potato chips with a [...]D: 6.2mi00
- Aiko Lounge in AtlantaBy day, Aiko is a sushi lounge with some of the best sushi you can taste in Atlanta, and by night it transforms into a hot nightclub and martini lounge. The dancefloor is not very large, and if you want to hide among throngs of people [...]D: 6.1mi00
- World of Coca-Cola PavilionIf you are curious about the background story of the world's best known brand of sot drink, you'll get your answers at the World of Coca Cola. Not the most exciting story if you are not a hardcore Coca Cola fan, but on the bright side, [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Margaret Mitchell House and MuseumIf you are a fan of Gone with the Wind, the best known literature classic about the South, you really shouldn't miss the home of author Margaret Mitchell, the very place where she wrote her masterpiece. The house itself is a turn-of-the [...]D: 10.3mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
This restaurant represents one of the oldest and famous places in the historical center of Bucharest.
Food: Caru cu Bere
Alberta is a nice Canadian province to require a road trip. the general public head W from city to metropolis so work their thanks to opaque gem...
General: The Ultimate Alberta Road Trip
Beautiful museum, somehow both classic and modern. Museum of Fine Arts has got seven galleries dedicated to contemporary art, which are...
History & Culture: Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Corpus Christi, Texas
Serving also gourmet dishes, Padre Pizzeria has an excellent catering service. Their food are prepared with attention to detail, and always look...
Food: Padre Pizzeria
San Antonio, Texas
Though with a smaller collection than other Art Museums, the McNay Art Museum is a small treasure chest of artworks of the past 2 centuries. Only a...
History & Culture: McNay Art Museum