Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site, Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can get a brief orientation at the visitor center, but the tour itself is self-guided. In order to visit Martin Luther King's birthplace, you need to sign up for a tour (only 15 people are allowed in at the same time), and you can do so at the Visitor Centre.
Another place of interest at the site is the Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church, where Luther King was baptized, and where he was ordained as a minister. The site offers a very educational and informative experience, and you can find out a lot of interesting information about MLK and American during his lifetime.
Martin Luther King, Jr National Historic Site, Atlanta, GA 30312, USA
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- The Fox Theatre in AtlantaThe Fox theater is one of the most interesting places in Atlanta, not only because of its history, but also because it's an important performing arts venue today. The theater was built to be part of a mosque, as testified by the Moorish [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Craft restaurant in AtlantaCraft pride themselves on using only the best of local ingredients in all of their locations, and whether or not this is true, the Atlanta Craft does serve up some pretty spectacular food. The dishes are healthy and don't put up the [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Going to Atlanta by planeGoing to Atlanta by plane? Than fly with Delta to Atlanta - they usually have very competitive rates - or choose US Airways what has got the largest market share in Atlanta. In order to get the cheapest flights also check airports nearby [...]D: n/a11
- Aiko Lounge in AtlantaBy day, Aiko is a sushi lounge with some of the best sushi you can taste in Atlanta, and by night it transforms into a hot nightclub and martini lounge. The dancefloor is not very large, and if you want to hide among throngs of people [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Margaret Mitchell House and MuseumIf you are a fan of Gone with the Wind, the best known literature classic about the South, you really shouldn't miss the home of author Margaret Mitchell, the very place where she wrote her masterpiece. The house itself is a turn-of-the [...]D: 10.3mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
In Ulm there is a big shop for furniture called 'IKEA'. You can find there basically everything you would need. If you know IKEA, especially if...
General: IKEA - shop for furniture
Oxford, United Kingdom
The Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford has a great display of culturaland archeological items. Everything is categorized by topic, so it is easier for...
History & Culture: Pitt Rivers Museum
India tour package fascinates anyone by offering so many enchanting destinations which are housed with several historical sites representing...
General: India Tour Travel || India Travel Tour
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
Sweets have always been my weakness, especially chocolate. So when I noticed the Old Kentucky Chocolates store, I just had to go in and have some...
Shopping: Old Kentucky Chocolates
For the best breakfast dishes in town, you definitely have to go to T G Eggington's, their food is the best in the whole area. If you plan on...
Food: T G Eggington's
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT