Margaret Mitchell House and Museum, Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > Margaret Mitchell House and Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The house itself is a turn-of-the century, three-story, Tudor Revival building, where Margaret Mitchell moved into in 1925. 'The Dump', as the author affectionately called her home, displays exhibitions about her life and the movie version of her book.
The house is one of the most treasured an emblematic landmarks of Atlanta, as well as a literary center and special events venue.The admission fee includes guided tours, free parking, and access to the exhibitions, Margaret Mitchell: A Passion for Character and The Making of a Film Legend: Gone With the WInd.
990 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Seniors (65 and older): $10
Students (13 and older): $10
Children (4-12): $8.50
Monday - Saturday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday, Noon – 5:30 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- Spice Market in AtlantaSpice Market is said to be inspired by a busy street in South Asia, both concerning its looks and its menu. The restaurant is famous for its Asian fusion cuisine, and boasts of offering surprising layers of flavours and seasonings. The [...]D: 9.9mi00
- CNN Center in AtlantaThe CNN Tower is interesting because of its importance and its sheer size, but other than that there is not much to do or look at here. The studio tours are quite interesting, on the other hand, and so are the demonstrations of the [...]D: n/a00
- The Fox Theatre in AtlantaThe Fox theater is one of the most interesting places in Atlanta, not only because of its history, but also because it's an important performing arts venue today. The theater was built to be part of a mosque, as testified by the Moorish [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Phipps Plaza in AtlantaIf you are planning a shopping spree in Atlanta, check out Phipps Plaza, and upscale shopping mall with over 100 specialty shops, five full-service restaurants, a food court, and a 14-screen movie theater. Some of the greatest brands in [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Craft restaurant in AtlantaCraft pride themselves on using only the best of local ingredients in all of their locations, and whether or not this is true, the Atlanta Craft does serve up some pretty spectacular food. The dishes are healthy and don't put up the [...]D: 5.4mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
If you are going to Costa Rica to surf like 95% of the tourist do, then you cant miss Playa Hermosa. This beach has the best breaks in Costa Rica...
Beaches : Playa Hermosa
If you are historically interested, you should visit the roman germanic museum of cologne. It has got to offer you a huge variety of roman remnants...
General: Visit the roman germanic museum
Ever heard of the best soccer team in the world? if you have that you might know that there team is located in Madrid, Spain. Stadium Santiago...
Sightseeing: Stadium Santiago Bernabeu
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
The West Church (Westerkerk) is one the highest buildings in Amsterdam and one of the few that allows visitors to climb its top. The view is quite...
History & Culture: West Church in Amsterdam
I have never seen a house from which only the pillars remained after it burned down. When I saw the mansion in rural Lauderdale County I was amazed...
History & Culture: Forks of Cypress, a Mysterious Plantation
San Francisco, California
Lands End is a true San Francisco Gem. One of the beautiful trails hidden within the city. Follow this trail to the end, and take in spectacular...
Sightseeing: Lands End
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head