Margaret Mitchell House and Museum, Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > Margaret Mitchell House and Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The house itself is a turn-of-the century, three-story, Tudor Revival building, where Margaret Mitchell moved into in 1925. 'The Dump', as the author affectionately called her home, displays exhibitions about her life and the movie version of her book.
The house is one of the most treasured an emblematic landmarks of Atlanta, as well as a literary center and special events venue.The admission fee includes guided tours, free parking, and access to the exhibitions, Margaret Mitchell: A Passion for Character and The Making of a Film Legend: Gone With the WInd.
990 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Seniors (65 and older): $10
Students (13 and older): $10
Children (4-12): $8.50
Monday - Saturday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday, Noon – 5:30 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- CNN Center in AtlantaThe CNN Tower is interesting because of its importance and its sheer size, but other than that there is not much to do or look at here. The studio tours are quite interesting, on the other hand, and so are the demonstrations of the [...]D: n/a00
- Wednesday Wind Down, Free ConcertsIn one of the most well-known parks in Atlanta city, the Centennial Olympic Park, every Wednesday a high range of free concerts are organized under the name Wednesday Wind Down. They organize this event EVERY year from April till September [...]D: 11.7mi10
- Phipps Plaza in AtlantaIf you are planning a shopping spree in Atlanta, check out Phipps Plaza, and upscale shopping mall with over 100 specialty shops, five full-service restaurants, a food court, and a 14-screen movie theater. Some of the greatest brands in [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic SiteThe site consists of several buildings that have played a large part in the childhood of Martin Luther King, and a museum chronicling the American Civil Rights Movement. You can get a brief orientation at the visitor center, but the [...]D: 11.9mi00
- Buckhead Diner in AtlantaBuckhead is the ultimate 50's dining experience, what with the diner's retro style and elegance, and the interesting- but all-American nonetheless-menu options. You can have a large serving of crunchy, home-made potato chips with a [...]D: 6.2mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ski Dubai is located inside Mall of the Emirates. When I was there I was just amazed about how they had managed to build this thing inside a mall,...
Family & Fun: Ski Dubai
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
It's Italian name is Battisero Paleocristiano and it is a early Christian Baptistery from the 4th century. Archaeologists say that most probably...
History & Culture: Milan Baptistery
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
One of the most amazing places on Earth, the Forestiere Underground Gardens have been carved out during 40 years by a Sicilian self-taught...
Sightseeing: Forestiere Underground Gardens
Long Beach, California
For a fun night out, the place to visit is the Long Beach Melodrama Theater. It is a small theater and music hall, but maybe that is what makes it...
Night Life & Entertainment: Long Beach Melodrama Theater