Margaret Mitchell House and Museum, Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > Margaret Mitchell House and Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The house itself is a turn-of-the century, three-story, Tudor Revival building, where Margaret Mitchell moved into in 1925. 'The Dump', as the author affectionately called her home, displays exhibitions about her life and the movie version of her book.
The house is one of the most treasured an emblematic landmarks of Atlanta, as well as a literary center and special events venue.The admission fee includes guided tours, free parking, and access to the exhibitions, Margaret Mitchell: A Passion for Character and The Making of a Film Legend: Gone With the WInd.
990 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Seniors (65 and older): $10
Students (13 and older): $10
Children (4-12): $8.50
Monday - Saturday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday, Noon – 5:30 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- Phipps Plaza in AtlantaIf you are planning a shopping spree in Atlanta, check out Phipps Plaza, and upscale shopping mall with over 100 specialty shops, five full-service restaurants, a food court, and a 14-screen movie theater. Some of the greatest brands in [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Aiko Lounge in AtlantaBy day, Aiko is a sushi lounge with some of the best sushi you can taste in Atlanta, and by night it transforms into a hot nightclub and martini lounge. The dancefloor is not very large, and if you want to hide among throngs of people [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Dogwood Restaurant in AtlantaAtlanta is the perfect city to sample the delights of the famous Southern Cuisine, and if you don't want to go nowhere too fancy but you still want a pinch of the upscale in your dining option, head out to Dogwood restaurant on Peachtree [...]D: 11mi00
- CNN Center in AtlantaThe CNN Tower is interesting because of its importance and its sheer size, but other than that there is not much to do or look at here. The studio tours are quite interesting, on the other hand, and so are the demonstrations of the [...]D: n/a00
- Underground AtlantaThe viaducts built over the many railroad tracks of Atlanta have been converted into an interesting shopping and entertainment district at the end of the 60's, although stores and speakeasies have been operating there during the Depression [...]D: 12.3mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Austins Ferry, Australia
On a Luxury sailing cruises at Whitsundays private yacht charter, sailing charter with Real life enjoy reef walking, Whole, Golfing, Sundancer,...
Beaches : Whitsunday Yacht Charter
Visiting Helsinki without going to a public sauna is almost unthinkable. The only place where you can enjoy the genuine sauna experience is at one...
Sports & Wellness : Arlan sauna
Salford, United Kingdom
UK Minibus Hire is a minibus hire company in the United Kingdom. We are offering to book local minibus around many popular regions Sheffield,...
Public Transportation: Ukminibuses Travel
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
The main thing that you can do in the park, apart from walking around, is people-watching. You might be surprised now, but that is what visitors do...
Sightseeing: Yoyogi Park
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
If you like nature, horses and culture, you should try a ride with the Paso Peruano horses. You can enjoy the nature and the spirited horeses,...
Outdoors Activities: Paso Peruano
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Fort Worth, Texas
Dedicated to the heroic and memorable women of the country, the National Cowgirl Museum is an emblem of the courageous, witty and strong-willed...
History & Culture: National Cowgirl Museum
Chris is the place where you will eat the best hot-dogs in Alabama. The diner was opened in 1917 and for many years was the hottest late-night spot...