Margaret Mitchell House and Museum, Atlanta, Georgia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Atlanta > Margaret Mitchell House and Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The house itself is a turn-of-the century, three-story, Tudor Revival building, where Margaret Mitchell moved into in 1925. 'The Dump', as the author affectionately called her home, displays exhibitions about her life and the movie version of her book.
The house is one of the most treasured an emblematic landmarks of Atlanta, as well as a literary center and special events venue.The admission fee includes guided tours, free parking, and access to the exhibitions, Margaret Mitchell: A Passion for Character and The Making of a Film Legend: Gone With the WInd.
990 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Seniors (65 and older): $10
Students (13 and older): $10
Children (4-12): $8.50
Monday - Saturday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday, Noon – 5:30 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Atlanta
- Dogwood Restaurant in AtlantaAtlanta is the perfect city to sample the delights of the famous Southern Cuisine, and if you don't want to go nowhere too fancy but you still want a pinch of the upscale in your dining option, head out to Dogwood restaurant on Peachtree [...]D: 11mi00
- Aiko Lounge in AtlantaBy day, Aiko is a sushi lounge with some of the best sushi you can taste in Atlanta, and by night it transforms into a hot nightclub and martini lounge. The dancefloor is not very large, and if you want to hide among throngs of people [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Underground AtlantaThe viaducts built over the many railroad tracks of Atlanta have been converted into an interesting shopping and entertainment district at the end of the 60's, although stores and speakeasies have been operating there during the Depression [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Buckhead Diner in AtlantaBuckhead is the ultimate 50's dining experience, what with the diner's retro style and elegance, and the interesting- but all-American nonetheless-menu options. You can have a large serving of crunchy, home-made potato chips with a [...]D: 6.2mi00
- Spice Market in AtlantaSpice Market is said to be inspired by a busy street in South Asia, both concerning its looks and its menu. The restaurant is famous for its Asian fusion cuisine, and boasts of offering surprising layers of flavours and seasonings. The [...]D: 9.9mi00
Things about Atlanta you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Los Cabos, Mexico
For three hours we were sailing through the waters as a professional racers. The America's Cup has been for long an entertainment for millionaires,...
Sports & Wellness : America's Cup Racing Adventure in Los Cabos
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Florescharm Tours and Travel_ Local travel agent based in labuan bajo flores island
General: Labuan bajo
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Have fun cruising effortlessly through the timeless streets of Florence on the coolest rides of the 21st century. The Segway Tour experience is the...
Sightseeing: Florence Segway Tour
Karachi Lines, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad & hotels in Karachi with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of pakistan.
General: Hotels in Karachi
Satu Mare, Romania
If you want to sleep a night or two in Satu Mare you can go to the two most known hotels, Dacia Hotel and Aurora Hotel wich are located in the...
General: Venues accommodation in Satu Mare, Hotel Alma spa
Singapore City, Singapore
This is a burger for those strict veggie eaters out there. I have not tried some myself, because me and veggies are far apart. But a close friend...
Food: The Burger for the Vegan
To learn more about Columbus and its culinary scene you definitely have to take part on the Columbus Food Adventures. It was so great that we...
Food: Columbus Food Adventures
If scuba diving is your thing, you absolutely can't miss Epcot Divequest. Sure, it's part of the Walt Disney World, but don't think that Epcot...
Outdoors Activities: Epcot Divequest