West Church in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > West Church in Amsterdam
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The view is quite beautiful from up the tower, though can't see very far to the sea. The inside of the building, though, is remarkable. Very traditional, and very beautiful.
Prinsengracht 279, 1016 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Around 6 EUR for the guided tours.
Tours are every half hour starting from 10am.
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- AmsterbikeI think exploring Amsterdam by bike (or scooter) that you can rent from Amsterbike is a much more fun easy. Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Joyride Day ToursWe booked for the bike tour in advance before arriving to Amsterdam, because we wanted to see faces of the city in the early day of our stay, so we could decide which ones to revisit later.The Joyride Day Tour showed us the side of [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Roundtrip on the 'Grachten'If you are at Amsterdam, a boattrip on the so called Grachten is must do. In Amsterdam the net of the Grachten, netherland for canals, is about 80 kilometers long. You can enjoy the Grachten and the old housess along it on a relaxing ride [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The narrowest house in the worldIf you are in Amsterdam take a look at the narrowest house in the world, it is one meter wide (3,5 feet), only a little bit wider than a front door (to be honest this is the back part of the house, the front is a little wider). It looks [...]D: 0.3mi01
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
If you are a fan of Gone with the Wind, the best known literature classic about the South, you really shouldn't miss the home of author Margaret...
History & Culture: Margaret Mitchell House and Museum
Though not just for booklovers, this festival is organized on a weekend in late spring. The most amazing thing about the Library Festival is that...
Night Life & Entertainment: Free Library Festival in Philadelphia
Definitely worth a visit, maybe more, because at Tandoor Restaurant they serve amazingly good Indian food with rich flavors and spicy dishes. They...
Food: Tandoor Restaurant