Amsterbike, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Amsterbike
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while many people use these transportations, you can blend in more easily.
The people from Amsterbike are really friendly and helpful, and they even organize tours that might give you some ideas which parts of the city to go see and which don't. Fun, exciting and fast; I loved it! :)
Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Prices vary depending on your rental preferences. Check their website for details.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Wetlands SafariThe tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when you're on your own, unless you are VERY adventurous.It was a great thing we went down the river [...]D: n/a00
- Van Gogh MuseumThough a little bit expensive, the Van Gogh Museum is an artistic jewel among all the naturalistic or historic museums that can be found in Amsterdam. There are more than 200 paintings and about 5-600 drawings of the famous Dutch artist to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Countryside Bike ToursWe chose the countryside bike tour because we were staying downtown Amsterdam and we could explore the city and its attractions in our own time, but we couldn't have gotten to the countryside. So we met our guide at the departure point, [...]D: 1mi00
- St. Nicolaas Boat Club of AmsterdamEstablished around 1997 by two Dutchmen, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club is a small, non-profit organization that gives its heart and soul to its boats and their history. Because they are not professionals, you can't contact them online, [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
Los Cabos, Mexico
Going on a the safari tour was both educational and fun. We could see some really interesting plants and some bugs (we weren't very lucky, we...
Outdoors Activities: 4x4 Desert Safari Adventure in Los Cabos
No visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros...
Food: San Gines Chocolate Factory
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
The birthplace of rock'n'rock, we could say about Sun Studio, which has become famous for the the King of rock'n'roll, Elvis...
Sightseeing: Sun Studio
Sa Pa, Vietnam
When you plan your holiday to Vietnam and further to one of the mesmerizing Indochina destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar,...
Sightseeing: Cultural experience with ethnic minorities in Sapa
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide