Amsterbike, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Amsterbike
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while many people use these transportations, you can blend in more easily.
The people from Amsterbike are really friendly and helpful, and they even organize tours that might give you some ideas which parts of the city to go see and which don't. Fun, exciting and fast; I loved it! :)
Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Prices vary depending on your rental preferences. Check their website for details.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Taxi service in AmsterdamMany visitors arriving at Schiphol Airport might get a bad first impression of the country, because of unfriendly taxi drivers that might also overcharge. I use taxis a lot when I travel to and from the airport and I can give you this tip: [...]D: n/a00
- Countryside Bike ToursWe chose the countryside bike tour because we were staying downtown Amsterdam and we could explore the city and its attractions in our own time, but we couldn't have gotten to the countryside. So we met our guide at the departure point, [...]D: 1mi00
- Van Gogh MuseumThough a little bit expensive, the Van Gogh Museum is an artistic jewel among all the naturalistic or historic museums that can be found in Amsterdam. There are more than 200 paintings and about 5-600 drawings of the famous Dutch artist to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- The narrowest house in the worldIf you are in Amsterdam take a look at the narrowest house in the world, it is one meter wide (3,5 feet), only a little bit wider than a front door (to be honest this is the back part of the house, the front is a little wider). It looks [...]D: 0.3mi01
- Randy Roy Redlight ToursAmsterdam's Red Light District is an attraction to everyone who visits the city. Though it might prove more fun for the male party, women have also much fun during the 1 and a half hour walk. At least I had! :) The guide was really [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
Shimla, the picturesque city in Himanchal Pradesh is widely adored for snow covered mountains, mesmerising greenery, splendid lakes, and pleasant...
Sightseeing: Top Tourist Places to Visit in Shimla
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Serving the most delicious Mexican food in the whole valley, Rosa's Mexican Grill can be reached easily and is welcoming anyone from everywhere...
Food: Rosa's Mexican Grill
Be aware that there are a lot of one way streets in Montgomery...and some of the one-way signs are not visible. Make sure you see the sign before...
General: Driving in Montgomery
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Vietnam the 'Land of Blue dragon' is replete with many wonderful destinations to visit, natural beauty, exotic wildlife and national parks, ancient...
General: Beach resorts for a luxury vacation in Vietnam