The narrowest house in the world, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > The narrowest house in the world
- General travel tip
- City center
It looks like it's squashed by the two neighboring houses but actually these narrow houses have to lean on each other because of their narrow foundation. One can find the house in the Centrum of Amsterdam, along the Singel canal at nr.7.
Unfortunately one cannot get inside the house because it's private property and there are people living in it. I wonder how thin must they be? :)
Free, but you can see it only from the outside.
How to get there:
It is alongside the Singel canal of Amsterdam, the innermost main canal of the city, right next to the city center.
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Wetlands SafariThe tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when you're on your own, unless you are VERY adventurous.It was a great thing we went down the river [...]D: n/a00
- Amsterdam Jewel CruisesWhen we went to dinner in one of the Amstredam Jewel Cruises, we didn't thought we would enjoy ourselves so much. Though we found the dinner packages a bit expensive, especially that the simple Dinner Cruise didn't include [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Science Center NemoFun for children and adults alike, the Science Center Nemo in Amsterdam is a must! Full of interactive exhibitions that are both educational AND fun, our visit to the museum was a blast. We were afraid it would be aimed mostly to a younger [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Taxi service in AmsterdamMany visitors arriving at Schiphol Airport might get a bad first impression of the country, because of unfriendly taxi drivers that might also overcharge. I use taxis a lot when I travel to and from the airport and I can give you this tip: [...]D: n/a00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you go from Brussels with the TGV towards Lille or London, it's recommended to be at the train station at least 30 minutes before the...
General: TGV from Brussels to London - security check
Vancouver, British Columbia
In the Vancouver Aquarium you can see so many water animals like mammals and reptiles, fish. The largest Marine Science Center is located inside...
Family & Fun: Aquarium in Stanley Park
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
This is something you really shouldn't miss. The building of the State Opera House in Budapest is one of the most beautiful ones in the city. The...
Night Life & Entertainment: State Opera House
People are always afraid of big storms and tornadoes, and to know that you are going to see one up close it is something both frightening and...
Outdoors Activities: Tempest Tours
I don't think you will find such an interesting art museum with so many to things to show for free. You may have to pay some fees for special...
History & Culture: Cleveland Museum of Art
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
This zoo is like a paradise for children or for adults who still cherish their inner child, for that matter. It has everything from petting animals...
Family & Fun: Phoenix Zoo