The narrowest house in the world, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > The narrowest house in the world
- General travel tip
- City center
It looks like it's squashed by the two neighboring houses but actually these narrow houses have to lean on each other because of their narrow foundation. One can find the house in the Centrum of Amsterdam, along the Singel canal at nr.7.
Unfortunately one cannot get inside the house because it's private property and there are people living in it. I wonder how thin must they be? :)
Free, but you can see it only from the outside.
How to get there:
It is alongside the Singel canal of Amsterdam, the innermost main canal of the city, right next to the city center.
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War IILearning a bit more of the city's history, and social background during the German occupation, the Amsterdam in World War II Walking Tour was the perfect opportunity.Focusing on the happening during World War II and afterward the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Taxi service in AmsterdamMany visitors arriving at Schiphol Airport might get a bad first impression of the country, because of unfriendly taxi drivers that might also overcharge. I use taxis a lot when I travel to and from the airport and I can give you this tip: [...]D: n/a00
- West Church in AmsterdamThe West Church (Westerkerk) is one the highest buildings in Amsterdam and one of the few that allows visitors to climb its top. The view is quite beautiful from up the tower, though can't see very far to the sea. The inside of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Wetlands SafariThe tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when you're on your own, unless you are VERY adventurous.It was a great thing we went down the river [...]D: n/a00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
There are some nice possibilities to go for shopping, in the city center and at some shopping malls.
Shopping: If you want to go shopping...
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon