The narrowest house in the world, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > The narrowest house in the world
- General travel tip
- City center
It looks like it's squashed by the two neighboring houses but actually these narrow houses have to lean on each other because of their narrow foundation. One can find the house in the Centrum of Amsterdam, along the Singel canal at nr.7.
Unfortunately one cannot get inside the house because it's private property and there are people living in it. I wonder how thin must they be? :)
Free, but you can see it only from the outside.
How to get there:
It is alongside the Singel canal of Amsterdam, the innermost main canal of the city, right next to the city center.
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Van Gogh MuseumThough a little bit expensive, the Van Gogh Museum is an artistic jewel among all the naturalistic or historic museums that can be found in Amsterdam. There are more than 200 paintings and about 5-600 drawings of the famous Dutch artist to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- West Church in AmsterdamThe West Church (Westerkerk) is one the highest buildings in Amsterdam and one of the few that allows visitors to climb its top. The view is quite beautiful from up the tower, though can't see very far to the sea. The inside of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Anne Frank HouseThe visit we made to the Anne Frank House left us quite emotional. Even if I read her diary at least twice and could picture the way they lived, to actually stand there, in their rough, little house was something different entirely. We [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Taxi service in AmsterdamMany visitors arriving at Schiphol Airport might get a bad first impression of the country, because of unfriendly taxi drivers that might also overcharge. I use taxis a lot when I travel to and from the airport and I can give you this tip: [...]D: n/a00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Butterfly World was one of the most amazing 'gardens' I've ever been in. I have to call it a garden, though it easily resembles a tropical...
Family & Fun: Butterfly World in Fort Lauderdale
An amazing experience we had with Fast Eddie Bike Tours when we explored the rural areas around the city. There are so many scenic places and...
Outdoors Activities: Fast Eddie Bike Tours