The narrowest house in the world, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > The narrowest house in the world
- General travel tip
- City center
It looks like it's squashed by the two neighboring houses but actually these narrow houses have to lean on each other because of their narrow foundation. One can find the house in the Centrum of Amsterdam, along the Singel canal at nr.7.
Unfortunately one cannot get inside the house because it's private property and there are people living in it. I wonder how thin must they be? :)
Free, but you can see it only from the outside.
How to get there:
It is alongside the Singel canal of Amsterdam, the innermost main canal of the city, right next to the city center.
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Anne Frank HouseThe visit we made to the Anne Frank House left us quite emotional. Even if I read her diary at least twice and could picture the way they lived, to actually stand there, in their rough, little house was something different entirely. We [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Countryside Bike ToursWe chose the countryside bike tour because we were staying downtown Amsterdam and we could explore the city and its attractions in our own time, but we couldn't have gotten to the countryside. So we met our guide at the departure point, [...]D: 1mi00
- AmsterbikeI think exploring Amsterdam by bike (or scooter) that you can rent from Amsterbike is a much more fun easy. Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Roundtrip on the 'Grachten'If you are at Amsterdam, a boattrip on the so called Grachten is must do. In Amsterdam the net of the Grachten, netherland for canals, is about 80 kilometers long. You can enjoy the Grachten and the old housess along it on a relaxing ride [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Taxi service in AmsterdamMany visitors arriving at Schiphol Airport might get a bad first impression of the country, because of unfriendly taxi drivers that might also overcharge. I use taxis a lot when I travel to and from the airport and I can give you this tip: [...]D: n/a00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
If you like swimming or just sun-bathing on the beach, go and spend a few days at the Balaton. If you like to party all night long with great DJs...
General: The Balaton lake and Siofok
11 giorni - 4 giorni di trekking a piedi 03/10/2012 - 13/10/2012 Questa escursione ci tuffa in una delle più belle valli del Marocco: uno...
General: Trekking Berbero nella Valle delle Rose e Dades
WE ARE RIGHTLY PROUD OF HAVING DISTINCTION TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE K2 BASE CAMP TRACK FROM HUSHE SIDE. AS BEING THE FIRST PAKISTANI GROUP WE...
General: TREK ADVENTURE SOCIETY GUJRAWALA
Diesel is one of the most stylish and coolest bars I have been too. What's amazing about the place is the fact that the club is built into this...
Night Life & Entertainment: Diesel
The Historic Fielder House is quite significant in Arlington's history because this mansion was among the first brick structures that had...
History & Culture: Historic Fielder House
Buffalo, New York
The Buffalo City Hall is an exceptional building. It's grand and magnificent, a true architectural masterpiece. Go to the 13th floor and marvel...
History & Culture: Buffalo City Hall
We've never taken part on a tour that was led by musicians and were singing and performing throughout the whole 90-minute ride, so the Mojo...
History & Culture: Mojo Music Bus Tour
One of the most imposing buildings of the early years of Tampa, a luxurious railroad resort, houses the Henry B. Plant Museum. Among the various...
History & Culture: Henry B. Plant Museum in Tampa