Countryside Bike Tours, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Countryside Bike Tours
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We heard some facts about the city's history when we started then visited the famous, old windmill and a cheese farm where we sampled some typical Dutch cheese and tried the very popular wooden shoes on. All the while we were 'cruising down' beside the Amstel river, surrounded by beauty and fresh air.
The whole tour, that lasted about 4 hours was fun, informative and great! Highly recommended.
Kerkstraat 134, 1017 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€22 for adults and €15 for kids.
Meeting at 11am. Tours are every day in summer and in winter during the weekends (Friday included).
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War IILearning a bit more of the city's history, and social background during the German occupation, the Amsterdam in World War II Walking Tour was the perfect opportunity.Focusing on the happening during World War II and afterward the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- West Church in AmsterdamThe West Church (Westerkerk) is one the highest buildings in Amsterdam and one of the few that allows visitors to climb its top. The view is quite beautiful from up the tower, though can't see very far to the sea. The inside of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- St. Nicolaas Boat Club of AmsterdamEstablished around 1997 by two Dutchmen, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club is a small, non-profit organization that gives its heart and soul to its boats and their history. Because they are not professionals, you can't contact them online, [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Randy Roy Redlight ToursAmsterdam's Red Light District is an attraction to everyone who visits the city. Though it might prove more fun for the male party, women have also much fun during the 1 and a half hour walk. At least I had! :) The guide was really [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
When I was in Lille, in 2007 most of the shopping I made for food and the necessary things was in Champion's supermarkets. They were acquired by...
Shopping: Champion supermarkets
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Atlanta is the perfect city to sample the delights of the famous Southern Cuisine, and if you don't want to go nowhere too fancy but you still want...
Food: Dogwood Restaurant in Atlanta
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature