Countryside Bike Tours, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Countryside Bike Tours
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We heard some facts about the city's history when we started then visited the famous, old windmill and a cheese farm where we sampled some typical Dutch cheese and tried the very popular wooden shoes on. All the while we were 'cruising down' beside the Amstel river, surrounded by beauty and fresh air.
The whole tour, that lasted about 4 hours was fun, informative and great! Highly recommended.
Kerkstraat 134, 1017 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€22 for adults and €15 for kids.
Meeting at 11am. Tours are every day in summer and in winter during the weekends (Friday included).
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War IILearning a bit more of the city's history, and social background during the German occupation, the Amsterdam in World War II Walking Tour was the perfect opportunity.Focusing on the happening during World War II and afterward the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Roundtrip on the 'Grachten'If you are at Amsterdam, a boattrip on the so called Grachten is must do. In Amsterdam the net of the Grachten, netherland for canals, is about 80 kilometers long. You can enjoy the Grachten and the old housess along it on a relaxing ride [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Wetlands SafariThe tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when you're on your own, unless you are VERY adventurous.It was a great thing we went down the river [...]D: n/a00
- TropenmuseumWe've been to quite many museum during our travels but the Tropenmuseum is something entirely different from the 'traditional' ones. The museum has such a variety of exhibitions that you feel like you were in some kind of magic [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at the city and if you like fish or other sea food, you definitels should go to the fish markets of Hamburg Altona. You have to get up a...
Food: The famous fish markets
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
While in Bangkok there are several choices of how to get around. Tuc Tuc, Taxi, Sky Train. I personally prefer the Sky Train as this is usually the...
Public Transportation: Public Transportation
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
A land of greens and flowers, The Domes became a city landmark after its completion in 1967 and proved to be a highly popular visiting area both to...
Sightseeing: The Domes
A traditional and highly popular diner amongst locals, Whitt's Barbecue is a simple, down-to-earth and welcoming restaurant that has the best...
Food: Whitt's Barbecue
New Orleans, Louisiana
Beignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other...
Food: Cafe du Monde in New Orleans