Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War II, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War II
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Focusing on the happening during World War II and afterward the Holocaust, we learned quite many things about the persecution of the Jews, the 'Winter Hunger' during 1944-45, and many other facts that we either didn't know about or we weren't very informed about.
It definitely was an educational few hours and we were glad to have taken the tour, because we glimpsed into Amsterdam's background that is not so easily recognizable. It was much better than roaming the rooms of a museum. :)
Looiersgracht 31, 1016 VR Amsterdam, The Netherlands
17 EUR for adults and 10 EUR for children older than 12 (tour not advisable for the younger ones).
How to get there:
Get to the Prinsengracht and Leliegracht street corners not much far from the Anne Frank Museum.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- TropenmuseumWe've been to quite many museum during our travels but the Tropenmuseum is something entirely different from the 'traditional' ones. The museum has such a variety of exhibitions that you feel like you were in some kind of magic [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Countryside Bike ToursWe chose the countryside bike tour because we were staying downtown Amsterdam and we could explore the city and its attractions in our own time, but we couldn't have gotten to the countryside. So we met our guide at the departure point, [...]D: 1mi00
- Gollem CafeThis a great place. They serve excellent beer in the Gollem Cafe, and though the place is not very big, the people who filled it were not so noisy either. Or maybe we were just lucky! :) The whole atmosphere of the bar is friendly, you [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Wetlands SafariThe tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when you're on your own, unless you are VERY adventurous.It was a great thing we went down the river [...]D: n/a00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Car rental in Dubai has become widely popular. For convenient journey you need a car in Dubai. Rental Cars UAE is the largest car rental search...
General: Rental Cars UAE
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
Here at Mazo Konkan! we’re very excited to announce the launch of our newly designed Sub-Division / Website which goes live today and is located...
General: Ganpatipule - Mazo Konkan's sub-division launch!
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
Christian and pagan, ancient and newer artifacts are gathered at the world's largest museum, at the Istanbul Archeology Museum. As Turkey's...
History & Culture: Istanbul Archeology Museum
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
History, culture, religion, battles and people; this is what Fort Caroline National Memorial is all about. In the heart of the Timucuan Preserve,...
History & Culture: Fort Caroline National Memorial
Overland Park, Kansas
Place Delicate clothing can be placed between two dry cleaner bags and then fold the item and pack. The garment will not have any fold creases and...
General: Place Delicate
The best place for kids in the whole city is definitely the Fairytale Town in downtown Sacramento. Children can play around all day, or visit the...
Family & Fun: Fairytale Town
Washington, District Of Columbia
After visiting a Holocaust historical museum you always get into a melancholic, sad, emotional state. This Museum in Washington was more depressing...
History & Culture: Holocaust Memorial Museum