Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War II, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War II
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Focusing on the happening during World War II and afterward the Holocaust, we learned quite many things about the persecution of the Jews, the 'Winter Hunger' during 1944-45, and many other facts that we either didn't know about or we weren't very informed about.
It definitely was an educational few hours and we were glad to have taken the tour, because we glimpsed into Amsterdam's background that is not so easily recognizable. It was much better than roaming the rooms of a museum. :)
Looiersgracht 31, 1016 VR Amsterdam, The Netherlands
17 EUR for adults and 10 EUR for children older than 12 (tour not advisable for the younger ones).
How to get there:
Get to the Prinsengracht and Leliegracht street corners not much far from the Anne Frank Museum.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- West Church in AmsterdamThe West Church (Westerkerk) is one the highest buildings in Amsterdam and one of the few that allows visitors to climb its top. The view is quite beautiful from up the tower, though can't see very far to the sea. The inside of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- St. Nicolaas Boat Club of AmsterdamEstablished around 1997 by two Dutchmen, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club is a small, non-profit organization that gives its heart and soul to its boats and their history. Because they are not professionals, you can't contact them online, [...]D: 1.1mi00
- TropenmuseumWe've been to quite many museum during our travels but the Tropenmuseum is something entirely different from the 'traditional' ones. The museum has such a variety of exhibitions that you feel like you were in some kind of magic [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Roundtrip on the 'Grachten'If you are at Amsterdam, a boattrip on the so called Grachten is must do. In Amsterdam the net of the Grachten, netherland for canals, is about 80 kilometers long. You can enjoy the Grachten and the old housess along it on a relaxing ride [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The narrowest house in the worldIf you are in Amsterdam take a look at the narrowest house in the world, it is one meter wide (3,5 feet), only a little bit wider than a front door (to be honest this is the back part of the house, the front is a little wider). It looks [...]D: 0.3mi01
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Coffee shop culture is one of the things that makes Singapore so atmospheric. If you want to have a cup of joe and nibble on some yummy sandwiches,...
Food: Ya Kun Toast
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
A few miles from downtown Fresno you can find the famous Clovis Rodeo Park that holds the annual Clovis Rodeo event which has over 30.000 visitors...
Family & Fun: Clovis Rodeo