Anne Frank House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Anne Frank House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were explained every detail about the rooms, they showed us the garden and at the end we saw Anne's original diary too.
During the whole visit I was thinking to myself how strong Anne and her family were to be able to live in such circumstances it is still incomprehensible to me why anyone would betray them so cruelly. It is MUST-SEE for everyone!
Prinsengracht 267, 1016 GV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€8,50 admission fee for adults and €4 for children.
9:00am to 9:00pm every day. (open only until 7:00pm in winter)
How to get there:
Either walk from the Central Station or take the tram 13 or 17.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- The narrowest house in the worldIf you are in Amsterdam take a look at the narrowest house in the world, it is one meter wide (3,5 feet), only a little bit wider than a front door (to be honest this is the back part of the house, the front is a little wider). It looks [...]D: 0.3mi01
- Taxi service in AmsterdamMany visitors arriving at Schiphol Airport might get a bad first impression of the country, because of unfriendly taxi drivers that might also overcharge. I use taxis a lot when I travel to and from the airport and I can give you this tip: [...]D: n/a00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Van Gogh MuseumThough a little bit expensive, the Van Gogh Museum is an artistic jewel among all the naturalistic or historic museums that can be found in Amsterdam. There are more than 200 paintings and about 5-600 drawings of the famous Dutch artist to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- AmsterbikeI think exploring Amsterdam by bike (or scooter) that you can rent from Amsterbike is a much more fun easy. Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
From November there is a nice Christmas Market in front of the Schönbrunn Palace. We arrived here late afternoon, but all the free parking spaces...
General: Parking near the Schonbrunn
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
This comedy theater is one of the greatest I went to in Austin. Their performances are full of life and color and they make Esther's Follies a...
History & Culture: Esther's Follies
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Everyone's favorite in Oklahoma City and no wonder, the Big Truck Tacos serves the most delllicious Mexican food you will eat anywhere in town....
Food: Big Truck Tacos
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant
Archie McPhee is basically a store with toys and all party accessories. The store has got history in the city, from the time when Ballard was a...
Shopping: Archie McPhee
Sa Pa, Vietnam
When you plan your holiday to Vietnam and further to one of the mesmerizing Indochina destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar,...
Sightseeing: Cultural experience with ethnic minorities in Sapa