Anne Frank House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Anne Frank House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were explained every detail about the rooms, they showed us the garden and at the end we saw Anne's original diary too.
During the whole visit I was thinking to myself how strong Anne and her family were to be able to live in such circumstances it is still incomprehensible to me why anyone would betray them so cruelly. It is MUST-SEE for everyone!
Prinsengracht 267, 1016 GV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€8,50 admission fee for adults and €4 for children.
9:00am to 9:00pm every day. (open only until 7:00pm in winter)
How to get there:
Either walk from the Central Station or take the tram 13 or 17.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- The narrowest house in the worldIf you are in Amsterdam take a look at the narrowest house in the world, it is one meter wide (3,5 feet), only a little bit wider than a front door (to be honest this is the back part of the house, the front is a little wider). It looks [...]D: 0.3mi01
- Wetlands SafariThe tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when you're on your own, unless you are VERY adventurous.It was a great thing we went down the river [...]D: n/a00
- Walking Tour: Amsterdam in World War IILearning a bit more of the city's history, and social background during the German occupation, the Amsterdam in World War II Walking Tour was the perfect opportunity.Focusing on the happening during World War II and afterward the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Science Center NemoFun for children and adults alike, the Science Center Nemo in Amsterdam is a must! Full of interactive exhibitions that are both educational AND fun, our visit to the museum was a blast. We were afraid it would be aimed mostly to a younger [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Gollem CafeThis a great place. They serve excellent beer in the Gollem Cafe, and though the place is not very big, the people who filled it were not so noisy either. Or maybe we were just lucky! :) The whole atmosphere of the bar is friendly, you [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
Charlotte, North Carolina
Celebrate Black History Month by participating in the Annual Charlotte Black/African-American Heritage Tour and Pilgrimage in February -- Black...
History & Culture: Annual Charlotte Black/African-American Heritage Tour and Pilgrimage
The Milwaukee Art Museum holds not only artworks from Picasso and Warhol, it is a masterpiece of architecture in itself. The modern, interesting...
History & Culture: Milwaukee Art Museum