Anne Frank House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Anne Frank House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were explained every detail about the rooms, they showed us the garden and at the end we saw Anne's original diary too.
During the whole visit I was thinking to myself how strong Anne and her family were to be able to live in such circumstances it is still incomprehensible to me why anyone would betray them so cruelly. It is MUST-SEE for everyone!
Prinsengracht 267, 1016 GV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€8,50 admission fee for adults and €4 for children.
9:00am to 9:00pm every day. (open only until 7:00pm in winter)
How to get there:
Either walk from the Central Station or take the tram 13 or 17.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- TropenmuseumWe've been to quite many museum during our travels but the Tropenmuseum is something entirely different from the 'traditional' ones. The museum has such a variety of exhibitions that you feel like you were in some kind of magic [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Van Gogh MuseumThough a little bit expensive, the Van Gogh Museum is an artistic jewel among all the naturalistic or historic museums that can be found in Amsterdam. There are more than 200 paintings and about 5-600 drawings of the famous Dutch artist to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- AmsterbikeI think exploring Amsterdam by bike (or scooter) that you can rent from Amsterbike is a much more fun easy. Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Amsterdam Jewel CruisesWhen we went to dinner in one of the Amstredam Jewel Cruises, we didn't thought we would enjoy ourselves so much. Though we found the dinner packages a bit expensive, especially that the simple Dinner Cruise didn't include [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Wetlands SafariThe tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when you're on your own, unless you are VERY adventurous.It was a great thing we went down the river [...]D: n/a00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
Akshardham is a majestic religious structure with stone carved throughout the building spread in huge 23 acres of land. Gardens, exhibitions and...
General: Akshardham Temple
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Los Angeles, California
The perfect place in order to relax a little bit while in LA is Manhattan Beach. I usually go there simply to walk around and just to get away from...
Beaches : Manhattan Beach
It is said that Joe’s is a Miami landmark, because they were the first who discovered and prepared stone crabs. It is true though that their crab...
Food: Joe’s Stone Crab in Miami
Saint Paul, Minnesota
If you're looking for anything that might give you a glimpse of Minnesota and the area, either cultural, artistic or historical or the more...
Sightseeing: Minnesota Grand Avenue
One of the most imposing buildings of the early years of Tampa, a luxurious railroad resort, houses the Henry B. Plant Museum. Among the various...
History & Culture: Henry B. Plant Museum in Tampa
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide