Mahudi Jain Temple, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Mahudi Jain Temple
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
This temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi script. One of the most interesting ritual is that we cannot take the Prasad (some sweet offered to all visitors) out of the premise of the temple otherwise something bad may happen. So we had to eat it there and then. J Don’t miss out on the Bell which is hanging at the height of 30 feet. Nearby, there is another temple where there is an 22 inches tall idol of God Padmaprabhu. For playing little games, there is a nice surrounding too.
How to get there:
The nearest railway station of Vijapur is 10 kms away. There are good bus facilities to get to Mahudi from Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Kalol.
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Rani no HajiroThese tombs of Queens are one of the finest examples of the architectural beauty in the walled city of Ahmedabad but interestingly this area is used for the local people who sell ladies goods forming a little market. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Sarkhej RojaThis place is actually a tomb and a mosque but the elegance of the architecture of the complex is phenomenon. There are also a palace and pavilions. A lot of young couples are seen here to find some private moments. This place is intimate, [...]D: 4.8mi00
- Vechaar Utensil MuseumCould there be anything better than this for those who love utensils? A collection of thousands of utensils made of so many different metals and collected from hundreds of cities and villages of India. Big to small, old to new, every [...]D: 5.9mi20
- Insitute of IndologyInstitute of Indology preserves rare art, manuscripts and archaeological objects of India. It’s based in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat state, India. It was started in 1956 for a good cause of preserving arts. A museum was started here in [...]D: 4.3mi00
- Sardar Patel MuseumMore than three centuries old building is now a museum for one of the major contributor in Indian independence. It gives the glimpse of the political movement during Indian independence. Also there are gardens, open air theatre and [...]D: 2.4mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go there for skying, take one of the ski busses up to the glacier, it´s more relaxed than to drive up yourself. The bus stops you can...
Outdoors Activities: Skying area
The Veitsburg is a small castle on a hill overviewing Ravenburg. The place is ideal for everybody who wants to get a better view of the city. If...
Sightseeing: Veitsburg View Point
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
Dagupan City, Philippines
Tada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!!
Sports & Wellness : Optical service
The CC is your typical neighbourhood bar, where most of the patrons know each other, but that doesn't mean that you won't be welcomed. Some people...
Night Life & Entertainment: CC Club in Minneapolis
San Diego, California
The Art Center is located in Balboa park, it is a center of many galleries and studios. When we were there, the artist were very nice and happy to...
History & Culture: Spanish Village Art Center
Santa Ana, California
A historically significant and architecturally beautiful mansion, in Queen Anne style, the Dr. Willella How-Waffle House was originally the home of...
History & Culture: Dr. Willella Howe-Waffle House