Mahudi Jain Temple, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Mahudi Jain Temple
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
This temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi script. One of the most interesting ritual is that we cannot take the Prasad (some sweet offered to all visitors) out of the premise of the temple otherwise something bad may happen. So we had to eat it there and then. J Don’t miss out on the Bell which is hanging at the height of 30 feet. Nearby, there is another temple where there is an 22 inches tall idol of God Padmaprabhu. For playing little games, there is a nice surrounding too.
How to get there:
The nearest railway station of Vijapur is 10 kms away. There are good bus facilities to get to Mahudi from Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Kalol.
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Insitute of IndologyInstitute of Indology preserves rare art, manuscripts and archaeological objects of India. It’s based in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat state, India. It was started in 1956 for a good cause of preserving arts. A museum was started here in [...]D: 4.3mi00
- Sarkhej RojaThis place is actually a tomb and a mosque but the elegance of the architecture of the complex is phenomenon. There are also a palace and pavilions. A lot of young couples are seen here to find some private moments. This place is intimate, [...]D: 4.8mi00
- Rani no HajiroThese tombs of Queens are one of the finest examples of the architectural beauty in the walled city of Ahmedabad but interestingly this area is used for the local people who sell ladies goods forming a little market. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Community Science CenterThis institute is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, which was founded in 1963. Vikram Sarabhai was an eminent space scientist. Vikram Sarabhai Community Science center promotes creative and innovative methods of learning different techniques [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Auto WorldWell you cannot just call it an exhibition as it’s a mammoth collection of antique vehicles, cars, motorcycles, buggies and utilities vehicles. It is said that it took more than 100 years to reach to the collection they have right now [...]D: 8.7mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
Vancouver, British Columbia
Enjoying a meal in a relaxing atmosphere, and with a breathtaking view of the False Creek Marina is everything one could wish for when in Vancouver...
Food: The Hurricane Grill
The Fastnacht(or in 'bärndütsch' fasnacht) is one of the bigest event in this muliticultural country, irrespectively of different...
Night Life & Entertainment: 'Fastnacht'
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Kabini is one of the best wildlife zones in this part of the world in Karnataka in India. Wildlife enthusiasts and tourists come here and enjoy the...
Outdoors Activities: Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
Corpus Christi, Texas
From all the major attractions in Corpus Christi, touring the USS Lexington was the best by all means. The huge vessel which served in the second...
History & Culture: USS Lexington
THis is the best place to live, work and vacation.
General: Fun in the Sun
Located in the city's architectural treasure, in the Union Station, The Durham Museum has not only a fascinating and wide collection of...
History & Culture: The Durham Museum