Lothal Archaeological Site, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Lothal Archaeological Site
- General travel tip
- City center
Lothal is an ancient city which was entirely planned when it was situated. It was part of the Mohenjo Daro Harappa civilizations in 18th centuray. The civilization became extinct here due to continuous floods. It was then excavated in 1060s and since then people visit here to see excellent drainage and bath systems. There was even a Municipal administration here which was strict.
Lothal is a must visit if you anywhere in or around the city of Ahmedabad. It is situated in Dholka taluka, around 85 km away from Ahmedabad. Go and experience the archaeological beauty with brains.
How to get there:
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Auto WorldWell you cannot just call it an exhibition as it’s a mammoth collection of antique vehicles, cars, motorcycles, buggies and utilities vehicles. It is said that it took more than 100 years to reach to the collection they have right now [...]D: 8.7mi00
- Sidi Sayeed MosqueThis mosque is the icon of the city of Ahmedabad. The extra ordinary carving in windows of this mosque are world famous. It depicts the tree with intertwining branches, the carving looks like fine lace filigree work, but are hewn from solid [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Rani no HajiroThese tombs of Queens are one of the finest examples of the architectural beauty in the walled city of Ahmedabad but interestingly this area is used for the local people who sell ladies goods forming a little market. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- SundarvanAhmedabad is so much developed nowadays, so you do not realize that such wonderful nature park is there in the middle of all the modern complexes, offices and buildings. Sundarvan is a little nature centre covered by bamboo groves and [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Mahudi Jain TempleThis temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi script. One of the most interesting ritual is that we cannot take the Prasad (some sweet [...]D: 11.8mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Schaffhausen, you should take a look at the well knwon Waterfalls of the River Rhein there. Also the surrounding nature is worth to...
Outdoors Activities: Waterfalls of the Rhein River
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
If you are going to Costa Rica to surf like 95% of the tourist do, then you cant miss Playa Hermosa. This beach has the best breaks in Costa Rica...
Beaches : Playa Hermosa
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
This Museum is a great place to know more about the Chinese origin in Johor Bahru. This would be the ideal place if you would like to know more...
History & Culture: Chinese Heritage Muesum
Brukenthal Museum was founded by Joseph Bruckenthal, the governor of the city during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The museum has more buildings,...
History & Culture: Brukenthal Museum
Saint Paul, Minnesota
The only place in town which combines three eateries in one is Cafe Latte on rand Avenue. They have a bar area where you can order salads and...
Food: Cafe Latte