Lothal Archaeological Site, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Lothal Archaeological Site
- General travel tip
- City center
Lothal is an ancient city which was entirely planned when it was situated. It was part of the Mohenjo Daro Harappa civilizations in 18th centuray. The civilization became extinct here due to continuous floods. It was then excavated in 1060s and since then people visit here to see excellent drainage and bath systems. There was even a Municipal administration here which was strict.
Lothal is a must visit if you anywhere in or around the city of Ahmedabad. It is situated in Dholka taluka, around 85 km away from Ahmedabad. Go and experience the archaeological beauty with brains.
How to get there:
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Ambaji TempleI haven't seen such a huge temple made of white marbles! Wow, simply beautiful! Gold and silver are used so much in the construction of this temple, be it doors, windows and cones on the temple building. There are hills called Araasur and [...]D: 1.8mi01
- Sidi Sayeed MosqueThis mosque is the icon of the city of Ahmedabad. The extra ordinary carving in windows of this mosque are world famous. It depicts the tree with intertwining branches, the carving looks like fine lace filigree work, but are hewn from solid [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Sarkhej RojaThis place is actually a tomb and a mosque but the elegance of the architecture of the complex is phenomenon. There are also a palace and pavilions. A lot of young couples are seen here to find some private moments. This place is intimate, [...]D: 4.8mi00
- Rani no HajiroThese tombs of Queens are one of the finest examples of the architectural beauty in the walled city of Ahmedabad but interestingly this area is used for the local people who sell ladies goods forming a little market. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Mahudi Jain TempleThis temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi script. One of the most interesting ritual is that we cannot take the Prasad (some sweet [...]D: 11.8mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
A 3-storey blue haveli where Great Mahatma Gandhi was born is converted into a Museum now. The aura of the place makes you feel undoubtedly...
History & Culture: Kirti Mandir
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Dagupan City, Philippines
Tada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!!
Sports & Wellness : Optical service
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Los Angeles, California
This is one of the classic places to go to for a great 'un-'healthy American breakfast. It tastes awesome, don't get me wrong, but you know how...
Food: The Original Pantry Cafe
Though not exactly in the heart of the town, the drive up to Pudgy's Pizzeria is well worth it. They serve the most delicious thick pizza in...
Food: Pudgy's Pizzeria
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.