Lothal Archaeological Site, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Lothal Archaeological Site
- General travel tip
- City center
Lothal is an ancient city which was entirely planned when it was situated. It was part of the Mohenjo Daro Harappa civilizations in 18th centuray. The civilization became extinct here due to continuous floods. It was then excavated in 1060s and since then people visit here to see excellent drainage and bath systems. There was even a Municipal administration here which was strict.
Lothal is a must visit if you anywhere in or around the city of Ahmedabad. It is situated in Dholka taluka, around 85 km away from Ahmedabad. Go and experience the archaeological beauty with brains.
How to get there:
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Sardar Patel MuseumMore than three centuries old building is now a museum for one of the major contributor in Indian independence. It gives the glimpse of the political movement during Indian independence. Also there are gardens, open air theatre and [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Mahudi Jain TempleThis temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi script. One of the most interesting ritual is that we cannot take the Prasad (some sweet [...]D: 11.8mi00
- Ambaji TempleI haven't seen such a huge temple made of white marbles! Wow, simply beautiful! Gold and silver are used so much in the construction of this temple, be it doors, windows and cones on the temple building. There are hills called Araasur and [...]D: 1.8mi01
- Vechaar Utensil MuseumCould there be anything better than this for those who love utensils? A collection of thousands of utensils made of so many different metals and collected from hundreds of cities and villages of India. Big to small, old to new, every [...]D: 5.9mi20
- Sarkhej RojaThis place is actually a tomb and a mosque but the elegance of the architecture of the complex is phenomenon. There are also a palace and pavilions. A lot of young couples are seen here to find some private moments. This place is intimate, [...]D: 4.8mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rocket steamer cruise to mongla for sundarbans expeditions This trip cover the sundarbans wildlife sanctuary into the best scenic beautiful canal ...
Sightseeing: Vacation to Bangladesh in summer ( July - August )
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Silk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can...
History & Culture: Silk workshop
This satay restaurant is very famous for serving authentic Malay food known as satays. Satays are meat usually chicken, beef or mutton that is...
Sightseeing: Capitol Satay Celup Restaurant
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Santa Ana, California
Great for kids and adults, even toddlers, the Santa Ana Zoo, though small, is an enjoyable getaway both for locals and visitors to the city. The...
Family & Fun: Santa Ana Zoo