Lothal Archaeological Site, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Lothal Archaeological Site
- General travel tip
- City center
Lothal is an ancient city which was entirely planned when it was situated. It was part of the Mohenjo Daro Harappa civilizations in 18th centuray. The civilization became extinct here due to continuous floods. It was then excavated in 1060s and since then people visit here to see excellent drainage and bath systems. There was even a Municipal administration here which was strict.
Lothal is a must visit if you anywhere in or around the city of Ahmedabad. It is situated in Dholka taluka, around 85 km away from Ahmedabad. Go and experience the archaeological beauty with brains.
How to get there:
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Ambaji TempleI haven't seen such a huge temple made of white marbles! Wow, simply beautiful! Gold and silver are used so much in the construction of this temple, be it doors, windows and cones on the temple building. There are hills called Araasur and [...]D: 1.8mi01
- Vechaar Utensil MuseumCould there be anything better than this for those who love utensils? A collection of thousands of utensils made of so many different metals and collected from hundreds of cities and villages of India. Big to small, old to new, every [...]D: 5.9mi20
- Sarkhej RojaThis place is actually a tomb and a mosque but the elegance of the architecture of the complex is phenomenon. There are also a palace and pavilions. A lot of young couples are seen here to find some private moments. This place is intimate, [...]D: 4.8mi00
- Community Science CenterThis institute is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, which was founded in 1963. Vikram Sarabhai was an eminent space scientist. Vikram Sarabhai Community Science center promotes creative and innovative methods of learning different techniques [...]D: 4.7mi00
- SundarvanAhmedabad is so much developed nowadays, so you do not realize that such wonderful nature park is there in the middle of all the modern complexes, offices and buildings. Sundarvan is a little nature centre covered by bamboo groves and [...]D: 6.1mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR FESTIVAL TREK 2009/2010 Nepal Adventure Point organizing the Christmas & New Year festival's familiarization trip to...
Outdoors Activities: Trivhuvan International airport
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Being a free museum, though a $4 donation is encouraged, The Speed Art Museum is the perfect place to linger on a more crazy afternoon, taking a...
History & Culture: The Speed Art Museum
Be aware that there are a lot of one way streets in Montgomery...and some of the one-way signs are not visible. Make sure you see the sign before...
General: Driving in Montgomery