Lothal Archaeological Site, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Lothal Archaeological Site
- General travel tip
- City center
Lothal is an ancient city which was entirely planned when it was situated. It was part of the Mohenjo Daro Harappa civilizations in 18th centuray. The civilization became extinct here due to continuous floods. It was then excavated in 1060s and since then people visit here to see excellent drainage and bath systems. There was even a Municipal administration here which was strict.
Lothal is a must visit if you anywhere in or around the city of Ahmedabad. It is situated in Dholka taluka, around 85 km away from Ahmedabad. Go and experience the archaeological beauty with brains.
How to get there:
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Nalsarovar Bird SancturySuch a beautiful lake in outskirts of Ahmedabad!!! Never imagined such a beautiful places which is also a bird Sanctuary, and fortunately we visited during the best time of the year and could see pelicans, flamingos and cranes... simply [...]D: 39.1mi01
- Community Science CenterThis institute is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, which was founded in 1963. Vikram Sarabhai was an eminent space scientist. Vikram Sarabhai Community Science center promotes creative and innovative methods of learning different techniques [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Mahudi Jain TempleThis temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi script. One of the most interesting ritual is that we cannot take the Prasad (some sweet [...]D: 11.8mi00
- SundarvanAhmedabad is so much developed nowadays, so you do not realize that such wonderful nature park is there in the middle of all the modern complexes, offices and buildings. Sundarvan is a little nature centre covered by bamboo groves and [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Insitute of IndologyInstitute of Indology preserves rare art, manuscripts and archaeological objects of India. It’s based in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat state, India. It was started in 1956 for a good cause of preserving arts. A museum was started here in [...]D: 4.3mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Being quite a large park in the northern area of the city, there are many activities you're able to perform at River Legacy Park: biking,...
Sightseeing: River Legacy Park
Key West, Florida
Roaming the Old Town of Key West is like roaming the streets of a Victorian-era city set in a tropical surrounding. The building are so beautifully...
History & Culture: The Old Town of Key West by Trolley
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Though not exactly in the heart of the town, the drive up to Pudgy's Pizzeria is well worth it. They serve the most delicious thick pizza in...
Food: Pudgy's Pizzeria
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights