Insitute of Indology, Ahmedabad, India
Travel tips > Asia > India > Ahmedabad > Insitute of Indology
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
This is one of the finest museum in Ahmedabad established by Muni Shri Punyavijayji and Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai. Books and literature here cover a wide range of subjects from Buddhist religion, tantra, Jain darshana, Jaina philosophy, grammar, and poetics to Vedas, agamas, and systems of Indian philosophy.
Apart from literature, it also has rich and rare collection of illustrated manuscripts, miniature paintings, painted patas, sculptures, and bronzes and wood work. Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Institute also organizes lectures on art and, film screenings.
While on visit of the city, art lovers don’t get a chance to miss this great collection of rare Indian art.
9am to 5pm
How to get there:
Local transport from any part of Ahmedabad
Recent travel tips for Ahmedabad
- Sidi Sayeed MosqueThis mosque is the icon of the city of Ahmedabad. The extra ordinary carving in windows of this mosque are world famous. It depicts the tree with intertwining branches, the carving looks like fine lace filigree work, but are hewn from solid [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Science City, AhmedabadScience city in Ahmedabad is an ideal place for education and entertainment. The exhibition was the most worthy experience where one could see and understand the most complex things in the easiest manner. There is an IMAX 3D theatre, wow! [...]D: 8.6mi00
- Calico MuseumOne of the finest place to see the remarkable collection of fabric spanning. It is a superb repository of fabrics based on colors, patterns, weaving and embellishment. Wow.. what an exclusive treat being in Ahmedabad. [...]D: 3mi00
- Sardar Patel MuseumMore than three centuries old building is now a museum for one of the major contributor in Indian independence. It gives the glimpse of the political movement during Indian independence. Also there are gardens, open air theatre and [...]D: 2.4mi00
- SundarvanAhmedabad is so much developed nowadays, so you do not realize that such wonderful nature park is there in the middle of all the modern complexes, offices and buildings. Sundarvan is a little nature centre covered by bamboo groves and [...]D: 6.1mi00
Things about Ahmedabad you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The best way to visit Bruges is ... on foot. Of course, I recommend also to take a boat through the superb canals, but rather than that only on...
General: The best way to visit Brugges
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Bring plenty of cash, clubbing is very expensive and so are restaurants and all shops. Make sure you get to see the Marc Chagall windows at the...
General: Visiting Zurich
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
Hua Hin, Thailand
When staying at Hua Hin, you would be at times overwhelmed by its sheer beauty and all that it has to offer as a holiday getaway. It would serve...
General: When staying at Hua Hin
Serving customer for more than half a decade, Marri's Pizza has some unique and delicious dishes on its menu, all made of fresh ingredients...
Food: Marri's Pizza
Fort Worth, Texas
Operating since the year 1989, the Hangman's House of Horrors is not only a Fort Worth attractions but the most visited haunted houses in the...
History & Culture: Hangman's House of Horrors
Las Vegas, Nevada
A somewhat different type of sightseeing experience is the Stratosphere roller coaster. You are up around 300 meters in the air going around the...
Sightseeing: The Stratosphere roller coaster