Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar Trip, Yangon
Travel tips > Asia > Myanmar > Yangon > Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar Trip
- General travel tip
- City center
1. Myanmar Visa
Since Myanmar is a neighboring country of Laos, Cambodia and Thailand, travellers often think that they can do visa on arrival like they can do when they land in the mentioned country, in fact, it is not feasible.Visa to Myanmar should be done prior to the time you arrive at least 3 weeks either with visa stamp or visa approval letter.
Read our instruction for Myanmar Visa >>
2. Hotel bookings
Since Myanmar just opens the country for a short time, tourism season which lasts from Oct to April is really a difficult time to book the hotels. If you travel in this periods, advance booking should be made at least 2 months before your arrival, specially for hotel rating from 3 to 5 star standard.At the time we issued this article, most of the good hotels are fully booked in November. Please mind your travel this time unless you have hotels already.
3. Domestic bookings
At the current time, there is no electronic tickets for all domestic airlines in Myanmar, paper tickets are used and you have to keep your tickets well.The most prominent problem for airlines bookings in Myanmar is you have to pay in cash when you do ticket delivery. Credit card or online payment is not accepted yet.Booking tickets from air ticket agencies can help for this matter.
4. Pricing Matters
The biggest matter for Myanmar Trip now is the price. As the demand goes over the supplying condition, Myanmar can be known as the most expensive destination in Southeast Asia.A room at 3* hotel can varies from 50 to 80usd in winter time, while the transportation may cost up to 150usd for a long day travel.Please expect to spend more money than other countries in Asia and also cash is favorable here.
After many years working with customers from all over the word, we realize that most of customers have problems of planning their itinerary.First of all, itinerary should be based on the air or car travel route. It could be Yangon – Inle Lake – Mandalay – Bagan or Yangon – Bagan – Mandalay – Inle Lake. These routes are the most common and enjoyable.
Secondly, the itinerary should be based on your interest:
- For beach relaxation, you can flight either from Heho ( Inle Lake) to Ngapali or Yangon to Ngapali.
For Ngwe Saung Beach, only road travel from Yangon is doable.
- For trekking in Putao, you have to cross Mandalay city.To do trekking in Kyaing Tong, flights from Mandalay, Heho to Kyaing Tong are available.
- For Mergui Archipelago, flying from Yangon is the only choice.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Yangon
- Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holidayTop Islands to spend a quality Myanmar luxury holiday Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center of Mergui Archipelago. This white and long sandy beaches island is an ideal place to spend [...]D: n/a00
- Shwedagon PagodaAccording to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth is, the Pagoda is wonderful. There are four entrances, the Southern one is guarded by [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Best visiting attractions in MyanmarYangon is the former capital of Myanmar which boasts a distintive beauty with pagoda, river, old colonial buildings and scenic lakes. To enjoy totally Yangon, you should spend from 2 days to 4 days visitig the major sites and the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Myanmar tours with river cruise holidayIf your plan a unique and a bit different holiday in South-East of Asia then look no further as Myanmar is your choice for this year, the stunning temples, charming beauty and welcoming people with naïve life style is what Myanmar is all [...]D: n/a00
- Visit Golden Pagodas around YangonMany travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region. Traveling from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City to Myanmar on a direct flight to Burmese capital, [...]D: n/a00
Things about Yangon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Burj Al Arab is supposed to be the most expensive hotel in the world. When I went there I told the guard that I was in Dubai for a travel...
Sightseeing: Burj Al Arab
If you want live jazz in Shanghai, this is the place to go. Club JZ was established by two jazz musicians as a sort o gathering place for jazz...
Night Life & Entertainment: Club JZ
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
For a quick and really delicious meal we went to Terry's Turf Club on Eastern Avenue. They have burgers which are not only huge but delicious....
Food: Terry's Turf Club
Pearl Harbour is an absolute must see in Honolulu. First you arrive to the Visitor Center and from there boats take you to the actual memorial....
History & Culture: Pearl Harbour
Perfect for a business or a private dining, Ruth's Chris Steak House provides a variety of dishes for any meat-lover or vegetarian. Although,...
Food: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Jacksonville