Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holiday, Yangon
Travel tips > Asia > Myanmar > Yangon > Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holiday
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center of Mergui Archipelago. This white and long sandy beaches island is an ideal place to spend some relaxing days.
Ngapali beach perhaps the most famous and the most beautiful beach in Myanmar, Located on the Indian Ocean and there are several daily flights from Yangon to Ngapali due to its reputation as a major tourist destination. There are a long series of luxury resorts and hotels along the main beach which must be booked well in a head of time as there are limited options. However, Ngapali still maintains its unspoiled beauty and mythical allure. There are a lot of activities such as diving and snorkeling, kayaking, cycling and even golfing at nearby high-end resorts.
Silver Beach is the touristic name of Ngwe Saung beach which is located in the Rakhine mountain range at the western Myanmar which is nearly 5 hours by car from Yangon city, there are few tourists and, therefore, accommodations are typically less expensive than those in Ngapali beach. However, if one looking for a less touristic beach then it must look for Ngwe Saung beach which is absolutely an option for a Myanmar luxury holiday as well.
Beautiful islands in the Bay of Bengal The coastal fringes of Rakhine State are where any traveler could find some of Myanmar’s biggest and beautiful island including Cheduba, Myingun and Ramree which are pretty much close to the mainland.
Chaung Tha Beach To the north of Ngwesaung lies the equally distant wile seemingly less remote beach at Chaungtha. That’s because Chaungtha is a favorite of Myanmar locals and backpackers alike. On the weekends, visitors will usually find scores of laughing and smiling Burmese families gleefully playing in the azure surf, modestly clad in t-shirts and long trousers. Visitors to Myanmar’s beaches will not only avoid the swarms of bikini-clad tourists and partying university students found at most other beach destinations in Southeast Asia, they may imagine they’ve been transported to another era entirely.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Yangon
- Best visiting attractions in MyanmarYangon is the former capital of Myanmar which boasts a distintive beauty with pagoda, river, old colonial buildings and scenic lakes. To enjoy totally Yangon, you should spend from 2 days to 4 days visitig the major sites and the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Shwedagon PagodaAccording to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth is, the Pagoda is wonderful. There are four entrances, the Southern one is guarded by [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar TripFrom the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that your preparation may go wrong.To assist you with better preparation, Myanmar Tours Asia would [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Visit Golden Pagodas around YangonMany travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region. Traveling from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City to Myanmar on a direct flight to Burmese capital, [...]D: n/a00
- Myanmar tours with river cruise holidayIf your plan a unique and a bit different holiday in South-East of Asia then look no further as Myanmar is your choice for this year, the stunning temples, charming beauty and welcoming people with naïve life style is what Myanmar is all [...]D: n/a00
Things about Yangon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
In Langenargen there is a beautiful castle.
General: Visit the beautiful castle
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
The public transportation in the city is not as reliable as one would think. For me for instance, last time the trip to the airport took more than...
Public Transportation: The bank of the Seine
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
Virginia Beach, Virginia
On our last day in Virginia Beach we decided to have something traditional, not the local specialties so we went to Neighbor's Pizzeria because...
Food: Neighbor's Pizzeria