Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holiday, Yangon
Travel tips > Asia > Myanmar > Yangon > Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holiday
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center of Mergui Archipelago. This white and long sandy beaches island is an ideal place to spend some relaxing days.
Ngapali beach perhaps the most famous and the most beautiful beach in Myanmar, Located on the Indian Ocean and there are several daily flights from Yangon to Ngapali due to its reputation as a major tourist destination. There are a long series of luxury resorts and hotels along the main beach which must be booked well in a head of time as there are limited options. However, Ngapali still maintains its unspoiled beauty and mythical allure. There are a lot of activities such as diving and snorkeling, kayaking, cycling and even golfing at nearby high-end resorts.
Silver Beach is the touristic name of Ngwe Saung beach which is located in the Rakhine mountain range at the western Myanmar which is nearly 5 hours by car from Yangon city, there are few tourists and, therefore, accommodations are typically less expensive than those in Ngapali beach. However, if one looking for a less touristic beach then it must look for Ngwe Saung beach which is absolutely an option for a Myanmar luxury holiday as well.
Beautiful islands in the Bay of Bengal The coastal fringes of Rakhine State are where any traveler could find some of Myanmar’s biggest and beautiful island including Cheduba, Myingun and Ramree which are pretty much close to the mainland.
Chaung Tha Beach To the north of Ngwesaung lies the equally distant wile seemingly less remote beach at Chaungtha. That’s because Chaungtha is a favorite of Myanmar locals and backpackers alike. On the weekends, visitors will usually find scores of laughing and smiling Burmese families gleefully playing in the azure surf, modestly clad in t-shirts and long trousers. Visitors to Myanmar’s beaches will not only avoid the swarms of bikini-clad tourists and partying university students found at most other beach destinations in Southeast Asia, they may imagine they’ve been transported to another era entirely.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Yangon
- Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar TripFrom the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that your preparation may go wrong.To assist you with better preparation, Myanmar Tours Asia would [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Visit Golden Pagodas around YangonMany travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region. Traveling from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City to Myanmar on a direct flight to Burmese capital, [...]D: n/a00
- Myanmar tours with river cruise holidayIf your plan a unique and a bit different holiday in South-East of Asia then look no further as Myanmar is your choice for this year, the stunning temples, charming beauty and welcoming people with naïve life style is what Myanmar is all [...]D: n/a00
- Best visiting attractions in MyanmarYangon is the former capital of Myanmar which boasts a distintive beauty with pagoda, river, old colonial buildings and scenic lakes. To enjoy totally Yangon, you should spend from 2 days to 4 days visitig the major sites and the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Shwedagon PagodaAccording to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth is, the Pagoda is wonderful. There are four entrances, the Southern one is guarded by [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Yangon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Albuquerque, New Mexico
If you decide on visiting Mac's La Sierra Restaurant, don't plan on seeing a fancy restaurant with French-cuisine-like gourmet food. This...
Food: Mac's La Sierra Restaurant
If you are in Boston, do not miss to visit the home of the famous Red Sox, the Fenway Park stadium. It is an iconic place in the world of baseball...
Night Life & Entertainment: Fenway Park in Boston
Los Angeles, California
This is a real nice place to grab an unforgettable breakfast. The place is creative and offers many types of breakfast for all tastes. No matter if...
Food: The Waffle