Best visiting attractions in Myanmar, Yangon
Travel tips > Asia > Myanmar > Yangon > Best visiting attractions in Myanmar
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
To enjoy totally Yangon, you should spend from 2 days to 4 days visitig the major sites and the countryside:
Your trip is incomplete without visiting Shwedagon. This pagoda is not only the famous destination, it is overwhelming with the number of stupas, spires.
Local people take this place as the most sarced site to pray also.
2. Sule Pagoda
The most special feature about this pagoda is it is located in the juntion overlooking many colonial buildings.
3. Emmanuel Church and Colonial Relic
You will be impressed by the number of colonial buildings in Myanmar which revokes the British culture and architecture. A walk of 1 hour until you reach the Jetty of Yangon river will introduce you very much about Yangon history.
4. Kandawgyi Lake
Full of green, beautiful reflection, Kandawgyi lake once known as Royal lake now is the best place to enjoy some walk and see Karaweik Palace.
5. Reclining Buddha
This is home to the biggest Recling Buddha statue. For those who wish to know Buddhism, it is simply a perfect place to pray and to learn about the religion.
To be continued....
Sule Road, Yangon
How to get there:
Direct flights from Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Siem Reap, Kuala Lumpur
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Yangon
- Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holidayTop Islands to spend a quality Myanmar luxury holiday Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center of Mergui Archipelago. This white and long sandy beaches island is an ideal place to spend [...]D: n/a00
- Myanmar tours with river cruise holidayIf your plan a unique and a bit different holiday in South-East of Asia then look no further as Myanmar is your choice for this year, the stunning temples, charming beauty and welcoming people with naïve life style is what Myanmar is all [...]D: n/a00
- Visit Golden Pagodas around YangonMany travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region. Traveling from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City to Myanmar on a direct flight to Burmese capital, [...]D: n/a00
- Shwedagon PagodaAccording to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth is, the Pagoda is wonderful. There are four entrances, the Southern one is guarded by [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar TripFrom the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that your preparation may go wrong.To assist you with better preparation, Myanmar Tours Asia would [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Yangon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
These tombs of Queens are one of the finest examples of the architectural beauty in the walled city of Ahmedabad but interestingly this area...
History & Culture: Rani no Hajiro
I am not much of a vacation person, but on the insistence of my wife who is a history freak and an ardent literature admirer, I packed my bags for...
Family & Fun: When Hunting for a Comfortable Villa in Verona
El Paso, Texas
I would say this restaurant is one of the best in whole El Paso. The Crave Kitchen and Bar has not only great service but excellent food too. If I...
Food: Crave Kitchen and Bar
Key West, Florida
The hotel is in the central district of Key West, near such major attractions like Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Key West Lighthouse, Mallory...
General: Key West - Southernmost on the Beach Hotel
Not expensive, close to the Beach: It was a quiet and peaceful hotel and was only one block away from the beach. It is better to walk down a few...
General: Blue Moon Hotel – Comfort under the Miami Sky
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.