Best visiting attractions in Myanmar, Yangon
Travel tips > Asia > Myanmar > Yangon > Best visiting attractions in Myanmar
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
To enjoy totally Yangon, you should spend from 2 days to 4 days visitig the major sites and the countryside:
Your trip is incomplete without visiting Shwedagon. This pagoda is not only the famous destination, it is overwhelming with the number of stupas, spires.
Local people take this place as the most sarced site to pray also.
2. Sule Pagoda
The most special feature about this pagoda is it is located in the juntion overlooking many colonial buildings.
3. Emmanuel Church and Colonial Relic
You will be impressed by the number of colonial buildings in Myanmar which revokes the British culture and architecture. A walk of 1 hour until you reach the Jetty of Yangon river will introduce you very much about Yangon history.
4. Kandawgyi Lake
Full of green, beautiful reflection, Kandawgyi lake once known as Royal lake now is the best place to enjoy some walk and see Karaweik Palace.
5. Reclining Buddha
This is home to the biggest Recling Buddha statue. For those who wish to know Buddhism, it is simply a perfect place to pray and to learn about the religion.
To be continued....
Sule Road, Yangon
How to get there:
Direct flights from Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Siem Reap, Kuala Lumpur
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Yangon
- Visit Golden Pagodas around YangonMany travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region. Traveling from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City to Myanmar on a direct flight to Burmese capital, [...]D: n/a00
- Shwedagon PagodaAccording to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth is, the Pagoda is wonderful. There are four entrances, the Southern one is guarded by [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holidayTop Islands to spend a quality Myanmar luxury holiday Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center of Mergui Archipelago. This white and long sandy beaches island is an ideal place to spend [...]D: n/a00
- Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar TripFrom the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that your preparation may go wrong.To assist you with better preparation, Myanmar Tours Asia would [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Myanmar tours with river cruise holidayIf your plan a unique and a bit different holiday in South-East of Asia then look no further as Myanmar is your choice for this year, the stunning temples, charming beauty and welcoming people with naïve life style is what Myanmar is all [...]D: n/a00
Things about Yangon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01...
History & Culture: 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $
If you are exactly in the center of the city, you will see a narrow street with stairs between two buildings. On the wall near the street is a sign...
Food: Eating 'Langos' in the center of the city
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
It was a unique experience to visit an interactive museum, where you could attend workshops and experience for yourself the environment and...
History & Culture: Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
If you've seen the movie or know about the famous race horse Secretariat, than you would probably wouldn't want to miss a trip to the...
Family & Fun: Kentucky Horse Park
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.