National Palace Museum, Taipei, Taiwan
Travel tips > Asia > Taiwan > Taipei > National Palace Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum has an outside garden and the three exhibition buildings. For me the Jade carvings were the most beautiful exhibits but I also liked the ivory sculptures from the Ming and Qing dynasty, the details and care they were made with was astonishing.
Don't miss this amazing museum, and try to go on a Sunday if you'd like enter the museum free, though be prepared, it will be pretty crowded that day.
221 Chih-shan Rd., Sec. 2; Shih-lin, Taipei 11143,
NTD 160/person ($5,2), Sundays is free.
Every day 8:30am to 6:30pm. (Saturday until 8:30pm)
How to get there:
By subways, bus or car.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Taipei
- Five Dime RestauratThough mostly famous for its architecture, the Five Dime Restaurant has excellent food to provide, not just an exquisite, interesting environment. The design of the place is unique, eclectic and really something to see. Their dishes, [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Sun Yat-Sen Memorial HallDedicated in the memory of the great Dr. Sun for its part in shaping the Republic of China, the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall is open to the public, holding lectures and exhibiting (free of charge) some of his works and personal belongings. [...]D: n/a00
- Din Tai Fung RestaurantTheir dishes don't just look delicious, they taste excellent too. The Tienmu Branch of the Din Tai Fung Restaurant in Taipei is much less crowded, but just as efficient as any of their other restaurants. They have the most delicious [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Yeh LiuNot far from Keelung, on a small peninsula, you can find interesting and bizarre stone formations that have been shaped by water and wind for thousands of years. This park, called Yeh Liu, though not very popular, is a sight to be visited. [...]D: n/a10
- Dihua StreetCombination of Eastern and Western style architecture is what decorates the buildings along Dihua Street. During the Japanese occupancy, many rich Japanese tradesmen have moved and built their homes there. Many of these homes have been [...]D: n/a00
Things about Taipei you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
Visit the museum of the german railway.
Sightseeing: Railway Museum
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
Kerala is one of the top-ranking tourist destinations in India. There are so many locations around the world in order to celebrate holidays. But if...
Sightseeing: Best Destinations in Kerala for Holiday Trip?
If you'd like to go to ski but you don't have equipment for it, don't worry! On the way to the ski trails many little 'shops' are opened from where...
Outdoors Activities: Renting skis in Arieseni
Totally Pittsburgh, I have to say that. The Fat Head's Saloon is the place to meet some locals, get down for a really large, tasty burger and...
Food: Fat Head's Saloon
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Definitely worth to visit the Meritage Restaurant in Saint Paul. The service is excellent, though may be a bit slow on a busy day. The food is...
Food: Meritage Restaurant
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing