National Taiwan Memorial Hall, Taipei
Travel tips > Asia > Taiwan > Taipei > National Taiwan Memorial Hall
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several live performances, Chinese, Japanese, and other nationals. The whole place is huge and amazing, and being mainly dedicated to Taiwan's 'father', Chiang Kai Shek, the Hall's main attraction is a huge statue of him, guarded by soldiers all the time. Some exhibits can be seen also that have once belonged to the great leader.
All in all, the attraction is definitely worth a visit, at least for some really nice pictures! :)
21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Taipei,
Recent travel tips for Taipei
- Yeh LiuNot far from Keelung, on a small peninsula, you can find interesting and bizarre stone formations that have been shaped by water and wind for thousands of years. This park, called Yeh Liu, though not very popular, is a sight to be visited. [...]D: n/a10
- Dihua StreetCombination of Eastern and Western style architecture is what decorates the buildings along Dihua Street. During the Japanese occupancy, many rich Japanese tradesmen have moved and built their homes there. Many of these homes have been [...]D: n/a00
- Museum of Jade ArtBeauty, detail and a passion for art is what encompasses the exhibits in the Museum of Jade Art, established by artist Soofeen Hu. His concept of beauty and cultural essence that can be brought out from a simple stone and showing it to the [...]D: 5.9mi00
- ChiufenOriginally a mining town, Chiufen is a like a little gem on a hill. Thanks to its location, you get a beautiful view of the surroundings, with a small glimpse of the sea in the far horizon. The only thing we felt was a shame was that the [...]D: n/a00
- National Palace MuseumYou can't get enough of this museum, it is so amazing. We spent almost a half day inside the National Palace Museum and we still felt we could have stayed a longer. The museum has an outside garden and the three exhibition buildings. [...]D: n/a10
Things about Taipei you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
For me, the best shop was a chocolate shop. You can find it if you head to the train station starting from the center of the city. If you find it,...
Shopping: Chocolate shop in Szentendre
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
One of the highlight of our stay in Istanbul was the trip we made with the Daily Istanbul Tours. We booked for a day trip, Istanbul Two Continents...
Outdoors Activities: Daily Istanbul Tours
Key West, Florida
Though it is a bit far for only a dinner (you have to travel by ferry about half an hour if you go from Key West Hilton), the Cafe is set in a...
Food: Latitudes Beach Café in Key West
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide