National Taiwan Memorial Hall, Taipei
Travel tips > Asia > Taiwan > Taipei > National Taiwan Memorial Hall
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several live performances, Chinese, Japanese, and other nationals. The whole place is huge and amazing, and being mainly dedicated to Taiwan's 'father', Chiang Kai Shek, the Hall's main attraction is a huge statue of him, guarded by soldiers all the time. Some exhibits can be seen also that have once belonged to the great leader.
All in all, the attraction is definitely worth a visit, at least for some really nice pictures! :)
21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Taipei,
Recent travel tips for Taipei
- Taipei Red HouseFormerly an old Theater building, the Taipei Red House is now home to various kinds of shops and artists. On the first floor you can find jewelry, designer clothes stores, handcrafted toys and paintings. It is fun to stroll around and look [...]D: n/a00
- Five Dime RestauratThough mostly famous for its architecture, the Five Dime Restaurant has excellent food to provide, not just an exquisite, interesting environment. The design of the place is unique, eclectic and really something to see. Their dishes, [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Shin Yeh RestaurantGrown into a well-known and popular amongst locals and visitors as well, Shin Yeh Restaurant serves excellent Taiwanese food that takes your breath away. Their dishes are rich in flavor and spices and while eating any of their food you feel [...]D: 5.6mi00
- Din Tai Fung RestaurantTheir dishes don't just look delicious, they taste excellent too. The Tienmu Branch of the Din Tai Fung Restaurant in Taipei is much less crowded, but just as efficient as any of their other restaurants. They have the most delicious [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Maokong MountainIn south Taipei, just at the end of the Musha Line MTR, a cable car way brings you up the Maokong Mountain. The view from the cart is breathtaking and magical. Up the hill is a Zoo, where you can watch Panda couples with their babies and [...]D: n/a00
Things about Taipei you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
It's easy to recognize this museum from afar even if you haven't been there before: just look or the building that looks like an alien space ship. ...
Sightseeing: Contemporary Art Museum
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Take a romantic walk among the bridges and boats of Castlefield. The canals are amazing, especially in the evening, after a good dinner in a nearby...
Sightseeing: Take a romantic walk
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
If you are in Brasov between 2nd and 7th September 2009, you really have to check out the “GOLDEN STAG” International Music Festival, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: "Golden Stag" International Music Festival in Brasov
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
Full of impressionist and post-impressionist paintings, the Dixon Gallery and Gardens is a great, peaceful get-away for those you would like to...
Sightseeing: Dixon Gallery and Gardens
Rustic, European and cozy, this small restaurant serves breakfast, lunch (and brunch) and dinner. Marche Artisan Food has great service not to...
Food: Marché Artisan Food
Even in a small town like Riverside you can find a place which is the entertainment highlight of the city. The Gourmet Detective is definitely a...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Gourmet Detective