National Taiwan Memorial Hall, Taipei
Travel tips > Asia > Taiwan > Taipei > National Taiwan Memorial Hall
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several live performances, Chinese, Japanese, and other nationals. The whole place is huge and amazing, and being mainly dedicated to Taiwan's 'father', Chiang Kai Shek, the Hall's main attraction is a huge statue of him, guarded by soldiers all the time. Some exhibits can be seen also that have once belonged to the great leader.
All in all, the attraction is definitely worth a visit, at least for some really nice pictures! :)
21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Taipei,
Recent travel tips for Taipei
- Flavors Swedish RestaurantIn all Taipei, I have to say, the Flavors Swedish Restaurant is THE best! They serve excellent Western food in a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. The owners of the restaurant is a Swiss couple, the husband being the cook and the wife taking [...]D: n/a00
- Five Dime RestauratThough mostly famous for its architecture, the Five Dime Restaurant has excellent food to provide, not just an exquisite, interesting environment. The design of the place is unique, eclectic and really something to see. Their dishes, [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Yeh LiuNot far from Keelung, on a small peninsula, you can find interesting and bizarre stone formations that have been shaped by water and wind for thousands of years. This park, called Yeh Liu, though not very popular, is a sight to be visited. [...]D: n/a10
- Mitsui Japanese CuisineI would say, the Mitsui Japanese Restaurant serves the best Japanese food you can get in any of the Taipei restaurants. They have several branches in 6 locations, all of them designed in modern, elegant style and serving excellent food. [...]D: 4mi00
- Maokong MountainIn south Taipei, just at the end of the Musha Line MTR, a cable car way brings you up the Maokong Mountain. The view from the cart is breathtaking and magical. Up the hill is a Zoo, where you can watch Panda couples with their babies and [...]D: n/a00
Things about Taipei you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
No visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros...
Food: San Gines Chocolate Factory
If you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a...
Sightseeing: The medieval pope's palace
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
New Orleans, Louisiana
St. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is...
Sightseeing: St. Louis Cathedral
We went on our hotel's recommendation to the Wild Fork in Utica Square to eat one night. We didn't have a reservation, but being in the...
Food: Wild Fork