National Taiwan Memorial Hall, Taipei
Travel tips > Asia > Taiwan > Taipei > National Taiwan Memorial Hall
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several live performances, Chinese, Japanese, and other nationals. The whole place is huge and amazing, and being mainly dedicated to Taiwan's 'father', Chiang Kai Shek, the Hall's main attraction is a huge statue of him, guarded by soldiers all the time. Some exhibits can be seen also that have once belonged to the great leader.
All in all, the attraction is definitely worth a visit, at least for some really nice pictures! :)
21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Taipei,
Recent travel tips for Taipei
- Yangmingshan National ParkAt the northern part of the Taipei basin, Yangmingshan National Park is one of the most beautiful and enchanting places in whole Taipei. Issued to become a national park area, the place has become one only two decades ago. Now it a place of [...]D: n/a00
- Sun Yat-Sen Memorial HallDedicated in the memory of the great Dr. Sun for its part in shaping the Republic of China, the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall is open to the public, holding lectures and exhibiting (free of charge) some of his works and personal belongings. [...]D: n/a00
- Shin Yeh RestaurantGrown into a well-known and popular amongst locals and visitors as well, Shin Yeh Restaurant serves excellent Taiwanese food that takes your breath away. Their dishes are rich in flavor and spices and while eating any of their food you feel [...]D: 5.6mi00
- Flavors Swedish RestaurantIn all Taipei, I have to say, the Flavors Swedish Restaurant is THE best! They serve excellent Western food in a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. The owners of the restaurant is a Swiss couple, the husband being the cook and the wife taking [...]D: n/a00
- ChiufenOriginally a mining town, Chiufen is a like a little gem on a hill. Thanks to its location, you get a beautiful view of the surroundings, with a small glimpse of the sea in the far horizon. The only thing we felt was a shame was that the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Taipei you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
In recent years, Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, has emerged as a hip different to major European powerhouses, like Paris and Rome. full with...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Best of Reykjavik
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Buffalo, New York
You get transported back in time during the tour of the Wilcox Mansion, the place where Theodore Roosevelt's short and improvised inauguration...
Sightseeing: Wilcox Mansion
If there are any other restaurants that serves Japanese food in Fresno, I wouldn't go anywhere but to the Edo-Ya Tokyo Cuisine restaurant....
Food: Edo-Ya Tokyo Cuisine
For quite a reasonable price you can take a two hour of the Paramount Theater in Oakland on Broadway street. If you are lucky and catch the 1st or...
History & Culture: Paramount Theatre
I think a trip to Pittsburgh is not complete without a visit to the Cathedral of Learning. From far it looks like a skyscraper, an immensely tall...
History & Culture: Cathedral of Learning
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Though not the biggest park in Saint Paul, Rice Park is still the place to go if you need a bit of tranquility and want to marvel on beauty. What...
Sightseeing: Rice Park