National Taiwan Memorial Hall, Taipei
Travel tips > Asia > Taiwan > Taipei > National Taiwan Memorial Hall
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several live performances, Chinese, Japanese, and other nationals. The whole place is huge and amazing, and being mainly dedicated to Taiwan's 'father', Chiang Kai Shek, the Hall's main attraction is a huge statue of him, guarded by soldiers all the time. Some exhibits can be seen also that have once belonged to the great leader.
All in all, the attraction is definitely worth a visit, at least for some really nice pictures! :)
21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Taipei,
Recent travel tips for Taipei
- Mitsui Japanese CuisineI would say, the Mitsui Japanese Restaurant serves the best Japanese food you can get in any of the Taipei restaurants. They have several branches in 6 locations, all of them designed in modern, elegant style and serving excellent food. [...]D: 4mi00
- Maokong MountainIn south Taipei, just at the end of the Musha Line MTR, a cable car way brings you up the Maokong Mountain. The view from the cart is breathtaking and magical. Up the hill is a Zoo, where you can watch Panda couples with their babies and [...]D: n/a00
- Flavors Swedish RestaurantIn all Taipei, I have to say, the Flavors Swedish Restaurant is THE best! They serve excellent Western food in a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. The owners of the restaurant is a Swiss couple, the husband being the cook and the wife taking [...]D: n/a00
- National Palace MuseumYou can't get enough of this museum, it is so amazing. We spent almost a half day inside the National Palace Museum and we still felt we could have stayed a longer. The museum has an outside garden and the three exhibition buildings. [...]D: n/a10
- Shin Yeh RestaurantGrown into a well-known and popular amongst locals and visitors as well, Shin Yeh Restaurant serves excellent Taiwanese food that takes your breath away. Their dishes are rich in flavor and spices and while eating any of their food you feel [...]D: 5.6mi00
Things about Taipei you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
At the very top of one of the surrounding mountains in Quito you will find a very big statue of the Virgin Mary standing on a dragon with a leash...
Sightseeing: Mirador Panecillo
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Florescharm Tours and Travel_ Local travel agent based in labuan bajo flores island
General: Labuan bajo
You should really take yourself time for at least one day or better a whole weekend.
General: Visiting the ancient roman city
From the times it began till date, the wonderful city of Verona, stands as an evidence of the different eras of history. Lined up with massive...
Night Life & Entertainment: Enchanting Romanesque of Verona – Unavoidable Charm
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is one of the most preferred destinations for travelers if they are thinking about having a holiday in South East of Asia. Tourists from...
General: Cambodia Luxury Holiday: Top Tings to do
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Lark in the Morning is probably the greatest musical instrument store I have seen. Besides the 'classic' instruments they have all kinds of ethnic...
Shopping: Lark in the Morning