National Taiwan Memorial Hall, Taipei
Travel tips > Asia > Taiwan > Taipei > National Taiwan Memorial Hall
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several live performances, Chinese, Japanese, and other nationals. The whole place is huge and amazing, and being mainly dedicated to Taiwan's 'father', Chiang Kai Shek, the Hall's main attraction is a huge statue of him, guarded by soldiers all the time. Some exhibits can be seen also that have once belonged to the great leader.
All in all, the attraction is definitely worth a visit, at least for some really nice pictures! :)
21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Taipei,
Recent travel tips for Taipei
- National Palace MuseumYou can't get enough of this museum, it is so amazing. We spent almost a half day inside the National Palace Museum and we still felt we could have stayed a longer. The museum has an outside garden and the three exhibition buildings. [...]D: n/a10
- Mitsui Japanese CuisineI would say, the Mitsui Japanese Restaurant serves the best Japanese food you can get in any of the Taipei restaurants. They have several branches in 6 locations, all of them designed in modern, elegant style and serving excellent food. [...]D: 4mi00
- Yeh LiuNot far from Keelung, on a small peninsula, you can find interesting and bizarre stone formations that have been shaped by water and wind for thousands of years. This park, called Yeh Liu, though not very popular, is a sight to be visited. [...]D: n/a10
- Dihua StreetCombination of Eastern and Western style architecture is what decorates the buildings along Dihua Street. During the Japanese occupancy, many rich Japanese tradesmen have moved and built their homes there. Many of these homes have been [...]D: n/a00
- Shin Yeh RestaurantGrown into a well-known and popular amongst locals and visitors as well, Shin Yeh Restaurant serves excellent Taiwanese food that takes your breath away. Their dishes are rich in flavor and spices and while eating any of their food you feel [...]D: 5.6mi00
Things about Taipei you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
Founded by a Spanish man, Jaime Partagas, in 1845, this cigar factory is one the largest and most famous in Cuba. Visiting the factory is a must...
Sightseeing: Fabrica de Tabaco Partagas
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
Hotels in Manali - Hotel Him View, a name that is famous as a Hotel By River Side in manali near club house, hotels in manali, manali hotels,...
Outdoors Activities: Budget hotels in manali
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Wow, amazing. I've never been on a Stadium tour, so it was something new to me to tour the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, considering that I'm not...
Sightseeing: Dallas Cowboys Stadium
If you're interested in science, you'll love the Orlando Science Center, even if you already know the all the stuff presented inside. This...
History & Culture: Orlando Science Center
If you are into aviation or just flying, than the Prima Air and Space Museum is your heaven on earth. They have more than 300 airplanes on display,...
History & Culture: Pima Air and Space Museum