Switzerland Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > Switzerland travel tips
Browse useful Switzerland travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for Switzerland you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in Switzerland or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from Switzerland
- Middle BridgeBasel travel tipsThe Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this was because the people who lived in lessor Basel were considered to be poor and on the side of [...]D: n/a00
- Ski-driveBergun travel tipsWhen you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather. [...]D: n/a00
- 'Fastnacht'Bern travel tipsThe Fastnacht(or in 'bärndütsch' fasnacht) is one of the bigest event in this muliticultural country, irrespectively of different cantons(regions). This carneval naturally is going out in februar, in each city for from 3 to 5 days, the [...]D: 0.2mi92
- Best Luxury travel SwitzerlandInterlaken travel tipsIf you are looking for luxury travel in Switzerland, then pureswizerland is the right place for you. With Pureswitzerland, you will get luxury and unique travel experience in Switzerland. To know more, visit us today. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- A nice villageMartigny travel tipsIt´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are close, take a look. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- The big waterfall called RheinfälleSchaffhausen travel tipsThe Rheinfälle at Schaffhausen are really some kind of nature play. Big and impressing the rive Rhine has got waterfalls there. You can either look at it from the sides of the river on viewing plattforms or you can take a boat, going to a [...]D: 1mi00
- Roman building remnantsSion travel tipsIf you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go to the local museum, that is really good and has got a big exhibition, ranging from ancient [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Nature park thunThun travel tipsAre so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one day is really not enaugh to spend there. I would recommanded this place principally for [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Mountains and natureZermatt travel tipsIf you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway, Matterhorn-Gotthard-Bahn (MGB), to reach the city. [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Shopping in the city centerZurich travel tipsIf you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense. [...]D: 4mi00
Things about Switzerland you may be interested in
Browse Switzerland travel tips by cities:Basel (1)Bergun (1)Bern (2)Interlaken (1)Martigny (1)Schaffhausen (2)Sion (1)Thun (2)Zermatt (1)Zurich (2)
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd...
History & Culture: Jingan Temple
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
If you want a place to chill out (literally), a freezing evening at the Arctic Icebar will prove to be an interesting experience. While temperature...
Night Life & Entertainment: Arctic Icebar
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
While Paris's Louvre is well known all around the world, Palais des Beaux-Arts in Lille hasn't have the same privilege. This is happening, even if...
Sightseeing: Palais des Beaux-Arts
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
This museum is amazing, not just because the entrance is free for everyone, but because there are so many interesting exhibits you can check out...
History & Culture: Baltimore Museum of Art
Raleigh, North Carolina
One of the finest, even if not the oldest restaurants in town, the Bloomsbury Bistro welcomes its guests with warmth every time. I've been to...
Food: Bloomsbury Bistro