Museum of Asian Art, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Museum of Asian Art
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious statues, objects for rituals and so on. More than 2,500 of the objects are displayed on the second and third floor of the building, the exhibitions are divided into seven sections according to the geographical area they present. There is China, Korea, Japan, Himalayan and Tibetan Buddhist World, Southeast Asia, South Asia ans Persian World sections.
You can see and photograph here the world's oldest Chinese Buddha statue, from 338 AD. It is made of gilded bronze and it's very beautiful. Also, there are things like the demonstration of a Chinese or Japanese tea ceremony, really great.
It is allowed to make photos, with small cameras, so you can take some amazing pictures.
200 Larkin St, San Francisco, CA
Students and children $7
Closed on Monday.
From Tuesday to Sunday 10am to 5pm, except for Thursday, when it's 10am to 9pm.
How to get there:
With streetcar, get down at the Civic Center station.
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Golden Gate Park BisonYes, believe it or not. There are bison in Golden Gate Park. They are kept within fences on JFK road between MLK and Crossover. The best times to view the bison are usually during the early morning/day as they are most active then. [...]D: 10mi00
- San Francisco Marriot Fisherman' s Wharf HotelBecause this hotel is near the piers and the Golden Gate Bridge (one of the famous sights in San Francisco), the price is a little expensive. I picked the regular room with pleasure purpose, and it cost $169 per night. It is pretty [...]D: 11.1mi02
- BixLike Art Deco? Definitely this is the place for you. It's like you are back in the America of the 1930s. There is live Jazz music that remind us to the great old days. The decoration is very nice and stylish, there are paintings on the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Dolores Park Movie NightOn Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater atmosphere. It’s more like a party at Dolores Park. There are no assigned seats and [...]D: 8mi00
- Balmy Street MuralsLocated in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric murals. These murals, which are painted on the garages, each have some sort of meaning and [...]D: 7.4mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Berlin Zoo is just amazing. It is the oldest zoo in Germany and it's huge. Gives home to more than 14,000 animals of 1,500 species. They have a...
Family & Fun: Berlin Zoo and Aqarium
If you like cool clubs and bars, together with restaurants you can visit the Perkins Park. The clubs are great and the music depends on the days
Night Life & Entertainment: Club area
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
When you visit Szentendre I recommend you to get there by ship. You can take a ship from Budapest to Szentendre and back only for a few euros -...
General: Visiting Szentendre on the Danube river
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is a tiny destination with a lot of historic and natural tourist sites and attractions which attracts travelers from all around the world....
General: Destination to include on your cambodia tour packages
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
The cheapest way to travel to Ho Chi Minh City district 1 is by taking a bus just outside of the international airport. This is the cheapest way to...
Public Transportation: Getting to Ho Chi Minh City district 1 from the airport
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter