Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child
- General travel tip
- City center
1. Gather the documents: The first step is that you have to gather the documents that support the US citizenship of your baby. Utilize some of the primary documents like the certified birth certificate, foreign birth certificate or consular birth report abroad. Collect all the other extra documents that prove the relationship of both the parents with the child. Select only those documents that have listed the names of both parents, like the adoption decree or the birth certificate.
2. Each parent should have identification proof: One more thing to ensure is that each parent should have official identification proof. Use a government-issued identification that is undamaged, for instance a previously issued US passport or even a driver’s license would do. A military ID or a naturalization certificate is also some valid document. Make photocopies of the original identification on while 8 and a half by 11 inch paper.
3. Complete the passport application: As you’re going to apply for a child passport, you should then obtain and fill out the baby’s passport application form. Use Form DS-11: Application for a US Passport for this application. You can even complete the Form DS-11 online or you can print it out and complete the form. If you get a print-out, don’t place your signature on the printed copy. The rule calls for a signature in front of an officer at the Passport Acceptance Facility.
4. Recognize a Passport Acceptance Facility: The next step is to identify a Passport Acceptance Facility, an office that is authorized to accept all forms of passport applications, by cross-checking with your local post office, county office or library. You may also use the US State Department’s Passport Acceptance Facility online to do such formalities.
5. Submit the notarized statement of consent: Get the notarized consent statement and submit it to the acceptance officer in case only one parent is appearing during the time of application. Also make sure that the parent who didn’t visit the office has filled out and signed a Form DS- 3053. Complete this application in black ink and sign it in front of the notary public.
Provide two copies of passport size photos and the passport fee to the official during the time of application. Pay for the application using options like MasterCard, Visa or personal checks and wait for your application to be granted.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Twin PeaksTwin Peaks is one of the most underrated spots in the city. It offers some of the most magnificient view of the city on clear days and nights. Twin Peaks provides views of downtown, At&T park, the Bay Bridge plus more!This is a must [...]D: 7.7mi00
- Balmy Street MuralsLocated in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric murals. These murals, which are painted on the garages, each have some sort of meaning and [...]D: 7.4mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- Musée MécaniqueHidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's. This museum is a hands on enjoyment of the past. Includes old mechanical baseball games, [...]D: 11.3mi00
- Coit TowerThe most amazing sight I've ever seen. The Coit Tower, built in 1933 in memory of an eccentric rich lady, Lillie Hitchcock Coit (who left all her money to this tower) and the brave firemen of the city, is a tall white marble tower which [...]D: 10.9mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
Many travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region....
General: Visit Golden Pagodas around Yangon
A popular sight in Brasov is Cetatuia (Little Fortress) build in the medieval ages and restored in the 1980's. Inside there is a restaurant really...
Sightseeing: Little Fortress (Cetatuia)
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Es gibt einen super Zirkus in den man umbedingt reingehen sollte. Dort sind viele Tiere und Artisten.
Family & Fun: Zirkus in Tjumen
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
The newly renovated house of General George Crook is beautiful inside and out. There is also an adjoining garden with heirloom plants giving the...
History & Culture: General Crook House Museum
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach