Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child
- General travel tip
- City center
1. Gather the documents: The first step is that you have to gather the documents that support the US citizenship of your baby. Utilize some of the primary documents like the certified birth certificate, foreign birth certificate or consular birth report abroad. Collect all the other extra documents that prove the relationship of both the parents with the child. Select only those documents that have listed the names of both parents, like the adoption decree or the birth certificate.
2. Each parent should have identification proof: One more thing to ensure is that each parent should have official identification proof. Use a government-issued identification that is undamaged, for instance a previously issued US passport or even a driver’s license would do. A military ID or a naturalization certificate is also some valid document. Make photocopies of the original identification on while 8 and a half by 11 inch paper.
3. Complete the passport application: As you’re going to apply for a child passport, you should then obtain and fill out the baby’s passport application form. Use Form DS-11: Application for a US Passport for this application. You can even complete the Form DS-11 online or you can print it out and complete the form. If you get a print-out, don’t place your signature on the printed copy. The rule calls for a signature in front of an officer at the Passport Acceptance Facility.
4. Recognize a Passport Acceptance Facility: The next step is to identify a Passport Acceptance Facility, an office that is authorized to accept all forms of passport applications, by cross-checking with your local post office, county office or library. You may also use the US State Department’s Passport Acceptance Facility online to do such formalities.
5. Submit the notarized statement of consent: Get the notarized consent statement and submit it to the acceptance officer in case only one parent is appearing during the time of application. Also make sure that the parent who didn’t visit the office has filled out and signed a Form DS- 3053. Complete this application in black ink and sign it in front of the notary public.
Provide two copies of passport size photos and the passport fee to the official during the time of application. Pay for the application using options like MasterCard, Visa or personal checks and wait for your application to be granted.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- DeLessioThe most delicious cake I've ever tasted was here in San Francisco in a little pastry shop on Market Street: DeLessio. At first I didn't even find the bakery, it so hidden, but already as I stepped in I was overwhelmed with the sweet, fresh [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Alcatraz IslandProbably one of the most famous jails in the world and home to many myths and movies, this used to be a high security federal prison in 1934. Originally the Island was home to many pelicans and for that reason it was called "Isla de los [...]D: 11mi10
- Sutro BathsSutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that opened in the 1800's which burned down in the 1960's. What is left is a beautiful building [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Dosa (Fillmore)We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in advance, because it was pretty crowded, being weekend and all. We got a table upstairs that [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Dolores Park Movie NightOn Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater atmosphere. It’s more like a party at Dolores Park. There are no assigned seats and [...]D: 8mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
In Budapest at most of the places you have to pay if you want to park your car. The fee is a little high but it's quite hard to find a place where...
General: Parking in Budapest
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; firstname.lastname@example.org I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
They have great Italian food and good jazz all the time. They have a TV and you can freely read newspapers and magazines. Altogether it's a rather...
Night Life & Entertainment: Caffè Megara
Kabini is one of the best wildlife zones in this part of the world in Karnataka in India. Wildlife enthusiasts and tourists come here and enjoy the...
Outdoors Activities: Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
Satu Mare, Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
Though mostly famous for its architecture, the Five Dime Restaurant has excellent food to provide, not just an exquisite, interesting environment. ...
Food: Five Dime Restaurat