Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child
- General travel tip
- City center
1. Gather the documents: The first step is that you have to gather the documents that support the US citizenship of your baby. Utilize some of the primary documents like the certified birth certificate, foreign birth certificate or consular birth report abroad. Collect all the other extra documents that prove the relationship of both the parents with the child. Select only those documents that have listed the names of both parents, like the adoption decree or the birth certificate.
2. Each parent should have identification proof: One more thing to ensure is that each parent should have official identification proof. Use a government-issued identification that is undamaged, for instance a previously issued US passport or even a driver’s license would do. A military ID or a naturalization certificate is also some valid document. Make photocopies of the original identification on while 8 and a half by 11 inch paper.
3. Complete the passport application: As you’re going to apply for a child passport, you should then obtain and fill out the baby’s passport application form. Use Form DS-11: Application for a US Passport for this application. You can even complete the Form DS-11 online or you can print it out and complete the form. If you get a print-out, don’t place your signature on the printed copy. The rule calls for a signature in front of an officer at the Passport Acceptance Facility.
4. Recognize a Passport Acceptance Facility: The next step is to identify a Passport Acceptance Facility, an office that is authorized to accept all forms of passport applications, by cross-checking with your local post office, county office or library. You may also use the US State Department’s Passport Acceptance Facility online to do such formalities.
5. Submit the notarized statement of consent: Get the notarized consent statement and submit it to the acceptance officer in case only one parent is appearing during the time of application. Also make sure that the parent who didn’t visit the office has filled out and signed a Form DS- 3053. Complete this application in black ink and sign it in front of the notary public.
Provide two copies of passport size photos and the passport fee to the official during the time of application. Pay for the application using options like MasterCard, Visa or personal checks and wait for your application to be granted.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Anchor Steam BrewerySan Francisco's one and only Brewery offers two free tours and tasting daily. With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks. They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not [...]D: 8.3mi00
- Golden Gate Park BisonYes, believe it or not. There are bison in Golden Gate Park. They are kept within fences on JFK road between MLK and Crossover. The best times to view the bison are usually during the early morning/day as they are most active then. [...]D: 10mi00
- BacarCan you imagine 1400 kinds of wine in one place? I couldn't, but there it is. Very nice place indeed, not only because of its wide collection of the best wines. The decoration and furniture is also very stylish and elegant, you will be [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Balmy Street MuralsLocated in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric murals. These murals, which are painted on the garages, each have some sort of meaning and [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Sutro BathsSutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that opened in the 1800's which burned down in the 1960's. What is left is a beautiful building [...]D: 10.8mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is one of the most preferred destinations for travelers if they are thinking about having a holiday in South East of Asia. Tourists from...
General: Cambodia Luxury Holiday: Top Tings to do
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Check booking fares early & often The flight booking fares always fluctuate, so timing is everything to book a flight ticket. I recommend...
General: Minimal stop when flying
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Right across the Mission Inn hotel and museum, Mario's Place is the dining place for comfort seeking individuals who would like to spend a few...
Food: Mario's Place
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing