Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child
- General travel tip
- City center
1. Gather the documents: The first step is that you have to gather the documents that support the US citizenship of your baby. Utilize some of the primary documents like the certified birth certificate, foreign birth certificate or consular birth report abroad. Collect all the other extra documents that prove the relationship of both the parents with the child. Select only those documents that have listed the names of both parents, like the adoption decree or the birth certificate.
2. Each parent should have identification proof: One more thing to ensure is that each parent should have official identification proof. Use a government-issued identification that is undamaged, for instance a previously issued US passport or even a driver’s license would do. A military ID or a naturalization certificate is also some valid document. Make photocopies of the original identification on while 8 and a half by 11 inch paper.
3. Complete the passport application: As you’re going to apply for a child passport, you should then obtain and fill out the baby’s passport application form. Use Form DS-11: Application for a US Passport for this application. You can even complete the Form DS-11 online or you can print it out and complete the form. If you get a print-out, don’t place your signature on the printed copy. The rule calls for a signature in front of an officer at the Passport Acceptance Facility.
4. Recognize a Passport Acceptance Facility: The next step is to identify a Passport Acceptance Facility, an office that is authorized to accept all forms of passport applications, by cross-checking with your local post office, county office or library. You may also use the US State Department’s Passport Acceptance Facility online to do such formalities.
5. Submit the notarized statement of consent: Get the notarized consent statement and submit it to the acceptance officer in case only one parent is appearing during the time of application. Also make sure that the parent who didn’t visit the office has filled out and signed a Form DS- 3053. Complete this application in black ink and sign it in front of the notary public.
Provide two copies of passport size photos and the passport fee to the official during the time of application. Pay for the application using options like MasterCard, Visa or personal checks and wait for your application to be granted.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Alamo SquareThe Square gives the most beautiful view in the whole city. One can see it on many postcards. One especially beautiful view is towards Steiner street, with the famous houses, the 'painted ladies'. They are also called the Victorian [...]D: n/a10
- Ferry BuildingI think Ferry Building is one of the nicest places in San Francisco, which is a great thing knowing that the whole city is so great! The building was finished in 1903 and it was the center to wager the boats and ferries that crossed the [...]D: 10.4mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- De Young Museum in San FranciscoA truly amazing location to visit, the De Young Museum led me to a path of illogical, free thinking. Full of impressionist artworks such as painting, sculptures and other interesting works of contemporary American, African and [...]D: 9.4mi00
- Anchor Steam BrewerySan Francisco's one and only Brewery offers two free tours and tasting daily. With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks. They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not [...]D: 8.3mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The New Sofia Pub Crawl is the night walk around Sofia’s hidden and unique bars. This event is not for those looking for loud and smoky rooms;...
Night Life & Entertainment: The New Sofia Pub Crawl
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Please do not miss the Monumental Ilumination of the Itaipu. Only occurs in fridays and saturdays, but it worth it.
General: Don´t Miss
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is one of the most preferred destinations for travelers if they are thinking about having a holiday in South East of Asia. Tourists from...
General: Cambodia Luxury Holiday: Top Tings to do
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Es gibt einen super Zirkus in den man umbedingt reingehen sollte. Dort sind viele Tiere und Artisten.
Family & Fun: Zirkus in Tjumen
Focusing on the cultures and history of the Native Americans of the southwest, the Arizona State Museum is a must-see museum for anyone who is...
History & Culture: Arizona State Museum