Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your Child
- General travel tip
- City center
1. Gather the documents: The first step is that you have to gather the documents that support the US citizenship of your baby. Utilize some of the primary documents like the certified birth certificate, foreign birth certificate or consular birth report abroad. Collect all the other extra documents that prove the relationship of both the parents with the child. Select only those documents that have listed the names of both parents, like the adoption decree or the birth certificate.
2. Each parent should have identification proof: One more thing to ensure is that each parent should have official identification proof. Use a government-issued identification that is undamaged, for instance a previously issued US passport or even a driver’s license would do. A military ID or a naturalization certificate is also some valid document. Make photocopies of the original identification on while 8 and a half by 11 inch paper.
3. Complete the passport application: As you’re going to apply for a child passport, you should then obtain and fill out the baby’s passport application form. Use Form DS-11: Application for a US Passport for this application. You can even complete the Form DS-11 online or you can print it out and complete the form. If you get a print-out, don’t place your signature on the printed copy. The rule calls for a signature in front of an officer at the Passport Acceptance Facility.
4. Recognize a Passport Acceptance Facility: The next step is to identify a Passport Acceptance Facility, an office that is authorized to accept all forms of passport applications, by cross-checking with your local post office, county office or library. You may also use the US State Department’s Passport Acceptance Facility online to do such formalities.
5. Submit the notarized statement of consent: Get the notarized consent statement and submit it to the acceptance officer in case only one parent is appearing during the time of application. Also make sure that the parent who didn’t visit the office has filled out and signed a Form DS- 3053. Complete this application in black ink and sign it in front of the notary public.
Provide two copies of passport size photos and the passport fee to the official during the time of application. Pay for the application using options like MasterCard, Visa or personal checks and wait for your application to be granted.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Sutro BathsSutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that opened in the 1800's which burned down in the 1960's. What is left is a beautiful building [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Coit TowerThe most amazing sight I've ever seen. The Coit Tower, built in 1933 in memory of an eccentric rich lady, Lillie Hitchcock Coit (who left all her money to this tower) and the brave firemen of the city, is a tall white marble tower which [...]D: 10.9mi00
- Musée MécaniqueHidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's. This museum is a hands on enjoyment of the past. Includes old mechanical baseball games, [...]D: 11.3mi00
- Balmy Street MuralsLocated in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric murals. These murals, which are painted on the garages, each have some sort of meaning and [...]D: 7.4mi00
- California Wine MerchantI recommend to sit by the window, the view to Chestnut street is very nice. California Wine Merchant is not a very special place, but it is cozy and pleasant for a drink with your friends. You will fine good wine and great service if [...]D: 10.9mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
Book your bus tickets online, A/C, Volvo, Semi-deluxe and get best discount offers anywhere in India at Elegant holidays & tours. Hurry up, offer...
Public Transportation: Online Bus Ticket Booking
New Delhi, India
All Town Transportation is an online travel company which provides the limousine service and airport shuttle services in charlotte NC.
Public Transportation: All Town Transportation
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
Located between Milan and Venice, the city of Romeo and Juliet is popular for its historical monuments and wonderful landscapes. This city has a...
History & Culture: A Land with Attractions in Diversity
Baile Felix, Romania
Baile Felix is a thermal resort located at 10 km from Oradea. One of the best hotels where you can rest in Baile Felix is Hotel International, and...
General: Thermal resort Apolo
Kansas City, Missouri
A beer making/tasting company that organizes daily tours to visitors, the Boulevard Brewing Company is a recommended destination to everyone,...
Sightseeing: Boulevard Brewing Company
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt