Powell St Cable Car, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Powell St Cable Car
- General travel tip
- City center
The line to get on the Cable Car her is often 30-40 minutes and can be upwards to 1 Hour.
To bypass the line, all you need to do is walk north two blocks to Powell and O'Farrell. The Cable Car makes a stop here and will pick up new riders. The same ride, without the wait!
Your time as a tourist in San Francisco is limited. Make the most of it!
Powell St & O'Farrell
$5 per ride
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- De Young Museum in San FranciscoA truly amazing location to visit, the De Young Museum led me to a path of illogical, free thinking. Full of impressionist artworks such as painting, sculptures and other interesting works of contemporary American, African and [...]D: 9.4mi00
- California Wine MerchantI recommend to sit by the window, the view to Chestnut street is very nice. California Wine Merchant is not a very special place, but it is cozy and pleasant for a drink with your friends. You will fine good wine and great service if [...]D: 10.9mi00
- Coit TowerThe most amazing sight I've ever seen. The Coit Tower, built in 1933 in memory of an eccentric rich lady, Lillie Hitchcock Coit (who left all her money to this tower) and the brave firemen of the city, is a tall white marble tower which [...]D: 10.9mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- Anchor Steam BrewerySan Francisco's one and only Brewery offers two free tours and tasting daily. With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks. They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not [...]D: 8.3mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
Near the catacombs of San Sebastiano and San Callisto in the south from the city center is the ancient old cobblestone street, the most famous road...
History & Culture: Via Appia Antica
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
In the heart of downtown Denver this cozy little diner has been open since the 1990s and attracts people with its fresh homemade dishes and...
Food: Rocky Mountain Diner