Coit Tower, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Coit Tower
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it from the sea rising to the sky as a sentinel; it is a breathtaking view. And if you go to the top, you have an amazing view of San Francisco with its skyscrapers and and the sea. The most eye-catching thing about the tower are the paintings on the wall inside the building.
As I've heard, they were painted around 1933 in just 6 months and show slices of history and days of the San Francisco people. I liked mostly the depiction of the workers in a cornfield and also a man threatening someone with a gun in a busy street. You really get a glimpse in history watching all these murals on the walls; truly amazing.
1 Telegraph Hill Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Cover charge $3.75
How to get there:
Muni 39 - Coit
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Museum of Asian ArtThis museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San Francisco to open a museum with it. The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious [...]D: 9.3mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- California Wine MerchantI recommend to sit by the window, the view to Chestnut street is very nice. California Wine Merchant is not a very special place, but it is cozy and pleasant for a drink with your friends. You will fine good wine and great service if [...]D: 10.9mi00
- Fly in Business Class Together & Save 50% Asiana Business...Asia comprises of some of the largest global cities of the world. Prominent names in the list include Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul and Manila and so on. Innumerable global travelers visit these Asian cities from various parts of the [...]D: n/a00
- San Francisco Marriot Fisherman' s Wharf HotelBecause this hotel is near the piers and the Golden Gate Bridge (one of the famous sights in San Francisco), the price is a little expensive. I picked the regular room with pleasure purpose, and it cost $169 per night. It is pretty [...]D: 11.1mi02
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
One of a kind stress-alleviating experience is what you can get in the Halina European Day Spa and Salon, whether you're there for facials,...
Sports & Wellness : Halina European Day Spa & Salon
I don't think you will find such an interesting art museum with so many to things to show for free. You may have to pay some fees for special...
History & Culture: Cleveland Museum of Art
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head