Coit Tower, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Coit Tower
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it from the sea rising to the sky as a sentinel; it is a breathtaking view. And if you go to the top, you have an amazing view of San Francisco with its skyscrapers and and the sea. The most eye-catching thing about the tower are the paintings on the wall inside the building.
As I've heard, they were painted around 1933 in just 6 months and show slices of history and days of the San Francisco people. I liked mostly the depiction of the workers in a cornfield and also a man threatening someone with a gun in a busy street. You really get a glimpse in history watching all these murals on the walls; truly amazing.
1 Telegraph Hill Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Cover charge $3.75
How to get there:
Muni 39 - Coit
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Museum of Asian ArtThis museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San Francisco to open a museum with it. The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Alcatraz IslandProbably one of the most famous jails in the world and home to many myths and movies, this used to be a high security federal prison in 1934. Originally the Island was home to many pelicans and for that reason it was called "Isla de los [...]D: 11mi10
- Golden Gate Park BisonYes, believe it or not. There are bison in Golden Gate Park. They are kept within fences on JFK road between MLK and Crossover. The best times to view the bison are usually during the early morning/day as they are most active then. [...]D: 10mi00
- DeLessioThe most delicious cake I've ever tasted was here in San Francisco in a little pastry shop on Market Street: DeLessio. At first I didn't even find the bakery, it so hidden, but already as I stepped in I was overwhelmed with the sweet, fresh [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Dolores Park Movie NightOn Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater atmosphere. It’s more like a party at Dolores Park. There are no assigned seats and [...]D: 8mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
Another museum that is indeed really impressive is The Museum of Natural History and Geology (Musée d'Histoire Naturelle et de Géologie). The...
Sightseeing: Museum of Natural History and Geology
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant