Coit Tower, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Coit Tower
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it from the sea rising to the sky as a sentinel; it is a breathtaking view. And if you go to the top, you have an amazing view of San Francisco with its skyscrapers and and the sea. The most eye-catching thing about the tower are the paintings on the wall inside the building.
As I've heard, they were painted around 1933 in just 6 months and show slices of history and days of the San Francisco people. I liked mostly the depiction of the workers in a cornfield and also a man threatening someone with a gun in a busy street. You really get a glimpse in history watching all these murals on the walls; truly amazing.
1 Telegraph Hill Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Cover charge $3.75
How to get there:
Muni 39 - Coit
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Dolores Park Movie NightOn Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater atmosphere. It’s more like a party at Dolores Park. There are no assigned seats and [...]D: 8mi00
- Dosa (Fillmore)We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in advance, because it was pretty crowded, being weekend and all. We got a table upstairs that [...]D: 9.8mi00
- BacarCan you imagine 1400 kinds of wine in one place? I couldn't, but there it is. Very nice place indeed, not only because of its wide collection of the best wines. The decoration and furniture is also very stylish and elegant, you will be [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Sutro BathsSutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that opened in the 1800's which burned down in the 1960's. What is left is a beautiful building [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Museum of Asian ArtThis museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San Francisco to open a museum with it. The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious [...]D: 9.3mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Siem Reap is one of the most enchanting city in Indochina where you can enjoy peaceful nature, stunning temples of Angkor, colourful life on Tonle...
General: Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Appetizingly good food and great atmosphere. The Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen has varied plates of fish plates prepared to entice the senses. The...
Food: Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
If you're looking for famous brands at a budget price than you have to go to the East Town Women's Reseal Shop. They have clothes,...
Shopping: East Town Women's Resale Shop
The older, more traditional aspect of the city is preserved in the Old Sacramento area, where you can find dining locales, shops, walking areas and...
Sightseeing: Old Sacramento
Going to visit family n friends in paradise!
General: Family n friends