Coit Tower, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Coit Tower
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it from the sea rising to the sky as a sentinel; it is a breathtaking view. And if you go to the top, you have an amazing view of San Francisco with its skyscrapers and and the sea. The most eye-catching thing about the tower are the paintings on the wall inside the building.
As I've heard, they were painted around 1933 in just 6 months and show slices of history and days of the San Francisco people. I liked mostly the depiction of the workers in a cornfield and also a man threatening someone with a gun in a busy street. You really get a glimpse in history watching all these murals on the walls; truly amazing.
1 Telegraph Hill Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Cover charge $3.75
How to get there:
Muni 39 - Coit
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- DeLessioThe most delicious cake I've ever tasted was here in San Francisco in a little pastry shop on Market Street: DeLessio. At first I didn't even find the bakery, it so hidden, but already as I stepped in I was overwhelmed with the sweet, fresh [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Stow LakeHidden within Golden Gate Park is a lake and a mountainous island. Stow Lake which has deep San Francisco history is a great spot for a picnic or an afternoon stroll. The lake offers quiet scenery and abundant wildlife. The [...]D: 9.5mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- Golden Gate Park BisonYes, believe it or not. There are bison in Golden Gate Park. They are kept within fences on JFK road between MLK and Crossover. The best times to view the bison are usually during the early morning/day as they are most active then. [...]D: 10mi00
- Golden Gate BridgeWell, I guess this is something pretty obvious, but then I guess it's a valid tip. Go visit the Golden gate bridge. Try to come during the late afternoon and maybe wait for sunset, that will make some awesome pictures. [...]D: 12.5mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
If you are interested to go shopping and get almost anything, a great place to stop by and shop in Johor Bahru is at the famous Jusco Tebrau City...
Shopping: Jusco Tebrau City
Islamabad Gharbi, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of Pakistan. To know more visit http://www...
General: Hotels in Islamabad
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Originally a mining town, Chiufen is a like a little gem on a hill. Thanks to its location, you get a beautiful view of the surroundings, with a...
I was looking for just the right bar to go to when I was visiting Denver. I found a simple and comprehensive directory of bars listed by type and...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bars in Denver Website
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT