Coit Tower, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Coit Tower
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it from the sea rising to the sky as a sentinel; it is a breathtaking view. And if you go to the top, you have an amazing view of San Francisco with its skyscrapers and and the sea. The most eye-catching thing about the tower are the paintings on the wall inside the building.
As I've heard, they were painted around 1933 in just 6 months and show slices of history and days of the San Francisco people. I liked mostly the depiction of the workers in a cornfield and also a man threatening someone with a gun in a busy street. You really get a glimpse in history watching all these murals on the walls; truly amazing.
1 Telegraph Hill Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Cover charge $3.75
How to get there:
Muni 39 - Coit
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- De Young Museum in San FranciscoA truly amazing location to visit, the De Young Museum led me to a path of illogical, free thinking. Full of impressionist artworks such as painting, sculptures and other interesting works of contemporary American, African and [...]D: 9.4mi00
- Golden Gate BridgeWell, I guess this is something pretty obvious, but then I guess it's a valid tip. Go visit the Golden gate bridge. Try to come during the late afternoon and maybe wait for sunset, that will make some awesome pictures. [...]D: 12.5mi00
- Musée MécaniqueHidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's. This museum is a hands on enjoyment of the past. Includes old mechanical baseball games, [...]D: 11.3mi00
- Alamo SquareThe Square gives the most beautiful view in the whole city. One can see it on many postcards. One especially beautiful view is towards Steiner street, with the famous houses, the 'painted ladies'. They are also called the Victorian [...]D: n/a10
- Lands EndLands End is a true San Francisco Gem. One of the beautiful trails hidden within the city. Follow this trail to the end, and take in spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean. View the bridge from where only the [...]D: 11mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
Annapurna Base Camp is the most preferred trekking site for all trekkers, the combination of easy walking and majestic scenery makes the trek to...
General: Annapuran Base Camp Trekking,Annapurna Region Trekking
Dagupan City, Philippines
Tada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!!
Sports & Wellness : Optical service
This flea market in Alfama the historic, old part of Lisbon, has a history dating back to the 13th century. To those who like bargaining and...
Shopping: The Feira da Ladra in Lisbon
Santa Ana, California
One of the best burgers in town you will find only at In-N-Out Burger joint which is highly popular among the locals. I've been there on a...
Food: In-N-Out Burger