Japanese Garden in Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Japanese Garden in Portland
- General travel tip
- City center
The garden is split into five different areas, all of which are inspired by the lore and wisdom of Tao and Buddhism. In addition to the admiring the beauty of the place and basking in the peace and quite, there are regular events organized for the garden's visitors, for example celebration of major Japanese festivals and art sales and exhibitions.
611 SW Kingston Ave, Portland, OR 97205, USA
$7.75 Senior and Student
10AM to 7PM in the summer season
10PM to 4PM in the winter season
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- St. Honore BoulangerieLocated in the trendy Alphabet district, this cafe is the big city equivalent of a French village cafe/bakery. If you want to drink your morning coffee in town, this place is perfect, and you will feel like you're not in Portland [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Tao of Tea in PortlandPortland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The Tao of Tea, a teahouse where you can find almost all the teas in the world and then some. [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Clear Creek DistilleryClear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy, Grappa, and single-malt Whiskey. The distillery can only be visited on Saturday, and there are [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Backspace CafeI you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live music, you should definitely check out Backspace. Backspace is located at the heart of the [...]D: 6mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The world's highest freestanding tower is Toronto's CN Tower. From the top of the building you can see the Niagara Falls (100 km), if the...
Sightseeing: CN Tower
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
If you are at Palma, you should definitely make an excursion through the backlands of the city. The nature there is very nice and there arent the...
Outdoors Activities: The marvellous nature surrounding the city
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is one of the most preferred destinations for travelers if they are thinking about having a holiday in South East of Asia. Tourists from...
General: Cambodia Luxury Holiday: Top Tings to do
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Corpus Christi, Texas
There is a kind of homey feeling at Andy's Country Kitchen restaurant, with friendly staff and wonderful fragrances in the air which make you...
Food: Andy's Country Kitchen
El Paso, Texas
Full of video games, restaurants/bars and other entertainment areas, the Speaking Rock Casino is a playing ground for adults who want to spend some...
Night Life & Entertainment: Speaking Rock Casino