Japanese Garden in Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Japanese Garden in Portland
- General travel tip
- City center
The garden is split into five different areas, all of which are inspired by the lore and wisdom of Tao and Buddhism. In addition to the admiring the beauty of the place and basking in the peace and quite, there are regular events organized for the garden's visitors, for example celebration of major Japanese festivals and art sales and exhibitions.
611 SW Kingston Ave, Portland, OR 97205, USA
$7.75 Senior and Student
10AM to 7PM in the summer season
10PM to 4PM in the winter season
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Oaks Amusement ParkOaks might not be the largest amusement park you've ever seen, but it is cozy and welcoming in its own way. It was opened in 1905, so it has a long tradition, and it has a selection of traditional rides with a modern twist. One of the [...]D: 7.7mi00
- Oregon Museum of Science and IndustryThis museum is heaps of fun for anyone who is interested in natural sciences, industry, and technology, and it's a good place to bring your kids to for some intellectual fun. OMSI has five different exhibit halls specialized in different [...]D: 6.2mi00
- Portland Saturday MarketThe Portland Saturday Market is actually open on Sundays as well, and it is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the United States. It is located in the historic Old Town, so you can visit it as part of a larger sightseeing [...]D: 5.9mi00
- Roseway TheatreI you feel like going to a movie while you're in Portland, buy a ticket to one of the shows at Roseway Theatre, a historic theatre from the 1920' which hasn't lost its vintage charm despite all the modern equipment. All the shows cost [...]D: 1.5mi00
- The Maize at The Pumpkin PatchThe Maize at The Pumpkin Patch is a giant maze of corn, open only during the autumn season. This park takes the form of a 5-acre field of corn which turns into an amazing corn maze during September and October, and it makes a great place [...]D: 12.7mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
If your with car, you have to pay for parking, as usually, but you can park in some nearby streets without parking fees.
General: Parking fee
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
Street markets along Christ church is a great place to get place to buy handicrafts and souvenirs. Many of these handicrafts are handmade...
Shopping: Street markets near Christ Church
They may have the best steaks in Bakersfield, and being a popular place, the Hungry Hunter Steakhouse was well-packed when we went there to dine. ...
Food: Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Key West, Florida
Ernest Hemingway, America's Noble prize-winner for literature wrote and lived in this beautiful house in the Old Town of Key West. Many of his...
History & Culture: Hemingway House in Key West
Serving authentic Italian food, the Olive Garden is maybe one of the few restaurants that has became quite popular with visitors ad locals as a...
Food: Olive Garden
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
A real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the...
Sightseeing: USS Potomac
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The most beautiful turn-of-the-century home I've ever seen in Oklahoma City, the Overholser Mansion deserves the praise. It looks like s small...
History & Culture: Overholser Mansion