Bok Tower Gardens, Orlando, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Orlando > Bok Tower Gardens
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The tower houses a library, which sadly enough is not open to the public, however, the gardens are a great place to take a walk and relax. There are acres of ferns, palms, oaks, pines, and wetland plants, as well as exotic species as bunya-bunya trees, papyrus or camellias, and the grounds are a refuge for lots of bird species, including a large flock of swans.
Also, the garden's squirrels are quite friendly and unafraid of humans(that is, they beg food from visitors).
1151 Tower Blvd, Lake Wales, FL 33853, USA
8AM to 6PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Orlando
- International Trolley and Train MuseumI'm not sure how much someone who isn't remotely interested in trains will like this, but if you have even a passing interests in railroads, visiting this museum is a fun experience. The International Trolley and Train Museum showcases [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Universal Studios FloridaUniversal Studios Florida is the amusement park section of the larger Universal Orlando Resort, and it consists of live shows and attractions inspired by, what else, movies. There are six themed areas grouped around a large lagoon, a [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Gatorland in OrlandoIf you're into theme parks and into alligators, then you'll definitely enjoy Gatorland, a 110 acre monstrosity o a park filled with all things alligator. You can see alligator wrestling, alligator feeding, reptile shows (not only [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Little Vietnam in OrlandoThis is not a tourist attraction per see, but it is one of the most interesting parts of the city, and it is well worth a visit. Basically, Little Vietnam is the Vietnamese quarter of the city, but there are all sorts of Asian stores [...]D: 22.2mi00
- Wine Room on Park AvenueThe Wine Room is a very interesting wine bar, not because of its selection of wines (which is quite spectacular, nonetheless) but mainly because you can serve yourself and sample whatever you want by walking around the bar. The system [...]D: 15.7mi00
Things about Orlando you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
The Royal Palace used to be the residence of the Spanish kings and queens. Now it is only used for official ceremonies and when foreign diplomats...
History & Culture: Royal Palace
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Mexico City, Mexico
Frida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later...
History & Culture: Frida Kahlo Museum
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Not just the presentation of the food but the taste of it is absolutely great. A high praise for the Carlos Bistro in Colorado Springs, because...
Food: Carlos Bistro
Organized by the Wilderness Aware adventure company, Salt River Rafting down the Arkansas River in the Browns Canyon is the ideal way to introduce...
Outdoors Activities: Salt River Rafting
New Orleans, Louisiana
One of the most important things to do as a visitor in New Orleans in taste the mouth-watering local specialties, one of which is the famous gumbo,...
Food: Mr. B's Bistro