The Durham Museum, Omaha, Nebraska
Travel tips > North America > United States > Omaha > The Durham Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most striking thing about the museum is the entrance hall, which is not only beautiful but also huge, with marble plaques as its floor and amazing big windows. All in all, the place i definitely worth a visit, even if you're not a total history freak.
Durham Museum, 801 S 10th St, Omaha, NE 68108-3207, USA
Kids $5, adults $7
Tue-Sat: 10am-5pm ('till 8pm on Tue)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Omaha
- General Crook House MuseumThe newly renovated house of General George Crook is beautiful inside and out. There is also an adjoining garden with heirloom plants giving the place a tranquility feeling. The General Crook House Museum is a Victorian mansion and it looks [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Tanduri Fusion Indian RestaurantFeaturing Indian cuisine the Tanduri Fusion Indian Restaurant serves excellent traditional and Americanized food. We went there one day for dinner and didn't want to leave. I ordered the mulligatawny soup and the tandoori chicken and it [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Pudgy's PizzeriaThough not exactly in the heart of the town, the drive up to Pudgy's Pizzeria is well worth it. They serve the most delicious thick pizza in Chicago style that you won't find anywhere else in Omaha. The staff is friendly and [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Heartland of America ParkLocated in downtown Omaha, the Heartland of America Park is the perfect getaway from the busy side of the city. A beautiful fountain with light shows is the centerpiece of the place and it is something worth seeing. Full of statues and [...]D: 8.2mi00
- Nouvelle EveA beautiful shop which features unique brands of womens clothing and accessories. Stepping inside Nouvelle Eve is like going to Wonderland. Everything is pretty, mysterious, unique. A great shop for women of all ages. I still have the Chan [...]D: 8.1mi00
Things about Omaha you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
Old Montreal is the historic district of the famous city and can be viewed individually or with the help of a guide. We could choose from a 30,...
Outdoors Activities: Vieux Montréal
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Peter the Great did many great things (no pun intended), and this amazing garden is one of them. The emperor was actually involved in planning the...
Sightseeing: Summer Garden
Self driving your own car to Kuala Lumpur can be very convenient as you can decide your own timing on when you want to leave. You can reach Kuala...
General: Driving to Kuala Lumpur
The Best hotels in Birmingham affordable extended stay lodging accommodations for business and family travelers at a affordable rate. If you are...
General: The Best Hotels in Birmingham For Your Budget
Popular among locals and visitors as well, Mel's Restaurant is found in the Cherry Creek district in a classy, chic neighborhood. A beautiful...
Food: Mel's Restaurant
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza