Freedom Park Navy Museum, Omaha, Nebraska
Travel tips > North America > United States > Omaha > Freedom Park Navy Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Several helicopters, an amazing navy vessel and even a submarine can be found in this huge park, surrounded by greenery. Guided tours are available from Friday to Sunday. You have to dress warm in winter, though, because there is no heat inside the ships or aircrafts.
It is a great naval museum and it is worth a visit, especially seeing that it's free.
2497 Freedom Park Rd, Omaha, NE 68110, USA
Winter hours: 8:00am-3:00pm daily
Summer hours: 8:00am-8:00pm daily
Guided tours: 10:00am-3:00pm weekends
Recent travel tips for Omaha
- Tanduri Fusion Indian RestaurantFeaturing Indian cuisine the Tanduri Fusion Indian Restaurant serves excellent traditional and Americanized food. We went there one day for dinner and didn't want to leave. I ordered the mulligatawny soup and the tandoori chicken and it [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Heartland of America ParkLocated in downtown Omaha, the Heartland of America Park is the perfect getaway from the busy side of the city. A beautiful fountain with light shows is the centerpiece of the place and it is something worth seeing. Full of statues and [...]D: 8.2mi00
- The Durham MuseumLocated in the city's architectural treasure, in the Union Station, The Durham Museum has not only a fascinating and wide collection of paintings, sketches, coins and many more but also a interesting exhibitions such as the Baright Home [...]D: 8.2mi00
- General Crook House MuseumThe newly renovated house of General George Crook is beautiful inside and out. There is also an adjoining garden with heirloom plants giving the place a tranquility feeling. The General Crook House Museum is a Victorian mansion and it looks [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Henry Doorly ZooA beautiful, entertaining zoo which is quite popular among the locals of Long Beach, the Henry Doorly Zoo deserves its praises. They have quite a wide variety of animals, a petting and feeding area which is the favorite part of the zoo for [...]D: 8.6mi00
Things about Omaha you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It's a coooooool club with more than great parties. I had super-good time. Mostly young people come here, it's a very fashionable and popular place...
Night Life & Entertainment: Chelsea
Bring plenty of cash, clubbing is very expensive and so are restaurants and all shops. Make sure you get to see the Marc Chagall windows at the...
General: Visiting Zurich
It was built originally for the emperor Zhu Di and his empresses, holding the name of Changling, than later mausoleums of other 12 emperors and...
History & Culture: The Ming Tombs in Beijing
We had the most big and tasty meal of all our stay in the Los Nardos restaurant, situated opposite the Capitolio in Havana. The place is quite...
Food: Los Nardos Restaurant in Havana
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
London, United Kingdom
It's the nicest and the most famous attraction in London
General: Big Ben
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Seoul, South Korea
From the DMZ to the PLZ(Peace and Life Zone) As you know, Korea is separated into two countries. According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement...
General: The Road to Peace and Life - 545km
A former Page Stranahan estate with vast grounds and beautiful sight, the Wildwood Preserve Metropark has become a local favorite for couples and...
Outdoors Activities: Wildwood Preserve Metropark