Ville Souterraine, Montreal, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > Ville Souterraine
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
I went inside a shop, bought some souvenirs and had a sandwich in one of the take-away and I just couldn't believe we were under a city. At least it was pretty warm when outside the weather was raging.
The passageway is 32 km long so it might take you a whole day (or more) to walk down all that distance. There are also more than 1600 shops and about 200 restaurants so it's quite a challenge to look into each one of them at least once. You might try it out, though, if you're adventurous enough but I skipped it! :)
Ville-Marie, Montréal, Canada
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Hotel Visitel in MontrealOur stay in the Visitel hotel was a pleasant surprise. Though when we checked in we had to pay in advance, which I haven't experienced in other hotels we stayed in so far, but the receptionist was really nice. The staff was quite friendly [...]D: 2mi00
- Montreal Jazz FestivalThe Montreal Jazz Festival is greatest festival in the world winning with it a Guinness World Record in 2004. During the week (about 10 days) many streets are closed, traffic gets sometimes jammed because of it, and a huge number of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Cathedral of Mary Queen of the WorldWhen Bishop Ignace Bourget planned and oversaw the construction of the Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the World, he had in mind the Saint Peter Basilique of Rome.Of course, the Montreal version is smaller in scale, but it's very beautiful [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Bistro du QuartierTo eat in an affordable and cozy place is what every visitor could ask for. The Bistro du Quartier was such a place. The food was great and not expensive at all, the staff was really friendly, they had smiles on their faces, which made [...]D: 1.7mi30
- Vieux MontréalOld Montreal is the historic district of the famous city and can be viewed individually or with the help of a guide. We could choose from a 30, 60 or a 90 minute guided tour of the city but we wanted to explore the city on our own. So we [...]D: n/a00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vancouver, British Columbia
The best thing about summer, concerning food, is that you can eat as much ice cream as you want. And for this we went to a small little Italian ice...
Food: Mondo Gelato - icecream in Vancouver
The first zoo in China, the Beijing Zoo is a great destination for families or friends. It's main attractions are the pandas, of course, though I...
Outdoors Activities: The Beijing Zoo
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; firstname.lastname@example.org I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
The West Church (Westerkerk) is one the highest buildings in Amsterdam and one of the few that allows visitors to climb its top. The view is quite...
History & Culture: West Church in Amsterdam
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
Sintra is located a few miles to the west from Lisbon. It is a beautiful place with a rich history. The most notable aspect of the small village is...
Outdoors Activities: Sintra Moorish Castle
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
Including beer, snacks and transportation, the Denver Brewery Buzz was a fun, entertaining and informative tour and we had an amazing time...
Sightseeing: Denver Brewery Buzz