Miccosukee Indian Village near Miami, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Miami > Miccosukee Indian Village near Miami
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
I always wanted to visit a Native American village so I decided to go see for myself this remaining historical village. I was quite disappointed. There were Native American people selling souvenirs and some attractions but I wasn’t very impressed. I was expecting more. Our tour guide was quite rude and wasn’t very helpful. The whole village didn’t have that spiritual environment, but had more of a commercial feeling. I wish I had seen something more worthwhile but maybe I was just unlucky. :)
Corner of Southwest 8th Street & 41 US Highway, Miami, FL 33194
Recent travel tips for Miami
- Hollywood blvdIt's a nice blvd to walk at night near the beach look to some stores and eat pizza. [...]D: 2.6mi10
- Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing SightMaking a tour of Florida, we visited Coral Castle in Miami, because we heard so much about it. Seeing some pictures about the place I wasn’t impressed so much. When we arrived, however, the sight was more beautiful than I’ve expected. [...]D: 23.3mi00
- Eleventh Street Diner in MiamiWe enjoyed a great meal in an interesting location when we dined in the Eleventh Street Diner. You can feel the ‘80s, 90’s atmosphere in this cozy little restaurants whose main ‘attraction’ is that it was built out of a dining car. [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Miami Culinary ToursWe had the time of our lives on one of the Miami Culinary Tours.The traditional Cuban cuisine in Miami is extraordinary. So many colors, smells, spices and food assortments that you don't know where to look. There were so many [...]D: n/a00
- Miami SkyLift-The Biggest Balloon in FloridaI was a bit afraid when I finally gathered the courage to go onboard of a ‘vehicle’ which lifts you up in the air. As I reached the top and looked out of the window, I forgot my horror of heights, the view was so spectacular. The [...]D: 9.9mi00
Things about Miami you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
To really experience the Afro-Cuban culture, visiting the small side street called Callejon de Hamel is a must for everyone. It is amazing. The...
Family & Fun: Callejon de Hamel in Havana
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Arriving to the airport Ferihegy do not choose a taxi or bus service. There are regular bus routes of the local transportation company (BKV) to...
General: How to get from the airport Ferihegy to the city
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
Mexico City, Mexico
They say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy...
Shopping: Princesse Cacao
A bit of European feeling is what you get at Yanni's Greek Grill. The atmosphere is friendly, inviting and they serve really great Greek food. ...
Food: Yannis Greek Grill
It is a cozy restaurant that serves really tasty steaks and home-made desserts. We loved the Mason Street Grill. The atmosphere was inviting, with...
Food: Mason Street Grill
For a better insight into California's and the Bay Area's culture and history, the Oakland Museum of California is the place to start. Not...
History & Culture: Oakland Museum of California
Saint Louis, Missouri
Well, if I knew custards and ice creams could taste so good, I would have gone to Ted Drewes Frozen Custard years ago! They have absolutely the...
Food: Ted Drewes Frozen Custard