Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight, Miami, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Miami > Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The whole castle resembled somewhat the ruins of traditional castles except it had a more tropical feeling. There were palm trees here and there, beautiful pink flower bushes, plants and greenery you see only in Mediterranean areas. It was beautiful. Walking through the huge coral blocks from which some looked like benches around a table, armchairs, or a coffee table, you had the feeling you were walking in an underwater apartment! It had a somewhat modern design, but still a kind of Stone Age feeling. It makes you think of Bedrock and the Flintstones! :)
Anyway, I recommend Coral Castle to all those who would like to see interesting sights, or get a glimpse of how an underwater or a Bedrock apartment with modern design would look like.
28655 South Dixie Highway
Miami, FL 33033
Opens daily at 8 am
Recent travel tips for Miami
- Holocaust Memorial-A must-see attractionFinished in 1990 and located on Miami Beach, the Memorial is a legacy to the new generations. It is a reminder of the six million Jewish souls that perished during the Holocaust. Such loss cannot be understood and cannot be depicted… but [...]D: 12mi00
- Blue Moon Hotel – Comfort under the Miami SkyNot expensive, close to the Beach: It was a quiet and peaceful hotel and was only one block away from the beach. It is better to walk down a few meters than to use the hotel pool, because it saves you money and the pool is quite small [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Visiting the Miami Metrozoo - An energizing activityThe Zoo is always a fun place to visit, especially with family. To be outside in the warm, or cool weather, under the blue sky and surrounded with animals is always energizing. At least it is for me! :) When I visited the Miami Metrozoo [...]D: 13.2mi00
- Miccosukee Indian Village near MiamiLocated about 27 miles West of Miami, this historic village serves as an art museum in the memory of the Miccosukee tribe who took refuge from the Seminole wars many years ago. They established a village which later became a tourist [...]D: 13.3mi00
- Dolphin Harbor in the Miami SeaquariumI’ve been to many tours, visited many places, went even diving once but meeting and playing with the dolphins in the Seaquarium was the best experience of my life so far. The staff was so helpful, they explained everything and were behind [...]D: 12.7mi00
Things about Miami you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
The Metro system is extensive and inexpensive. Ask for the best ticket value.
Public Transportation: Use the Metro when in Paris
Welcome for himalayan trekking in nepal and specially in Everest region trekking. please feel free to contact us for trekking in Everest region.......
Outdoors Activities: Everest Region Trekking ( www.himalayanjoy.com)
Charlotte, North Carolina
The best way to explore and experience the city is by taking part on one of the Charlotte NC Tours. Bicycle, van segway and other guided tours are...
Outdoors Activities: Charlotte NC Tours
Corpus Christi, Texas
Serving also gourmet dishes, Padre Pizzeria has an excellent catering service. Their food are prepared with attention to detail, and always look...
Food: Padre Pizzeria
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach