Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight, Miami, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Miami > Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The whole castle resembled somewhat the ruins of traditional castles except it had a more tropical feeling. There were palm trees here and there, beautiful pink flower bushes, plants and greenery you see only in Mediterranean areas. It was beautiful. Walking through the huge coral blocks from which some looked like benches around a table, armchairs, or a coffee table, you had the feeling you were walking in an underwater apartment! It had a somewhat modern design, but still a kind of Stone Age feeling. It makes you think of Bedrock and the Flintstones! :)
Anyway, I recommend Coral Castle to all those who would like to see interesting sights, or get a glimpse of how an underwater or a Bedrock apartment with modern design would look like.
28655 South Dixie Highway
Miami, FL 33033
Opens daily at 8 am
Recent travel tips for Miami
- The Fontainebleau Hotel in MiamiOne of the most expensive and luxurious hotels in Miami, Fontainebleau Hotel provides everything one might need to spend a holiday in glamorous pampering. When we chose this hotel with my husband we knew we had to save up money for the [...]D: 12.9mi00
- Miami SkyLift-The Biggest Balloon in FloridaI was a bit afraid when I finally gathered the courage to go onboard of a ‘vehicle’ which lifts you up in the air. As I reached the top and looked out of the window, I forgot my horror of heights, the view was so spectacular. The [...]D: 9.9mi00
- Nikki BeachAmazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen, but that you need quite big bucks to enjoy the advantages of the club. It is always great to [...]D: 12.5mi00
- Capital Grill in MiamiThis grill has not only outstanding food, but superior customer service and wonderful deco. Dark, rich mahogany paneling and warm lighting gives the place a rich, private and elegant feeling. It is really appropriate for personal and [...]D: 9.1mi00
- Joe’s Stone Crab in MiamiIt is said that Joe’s is a Miami landmark, because they were the first who discovered and prepared stone crabs. It is true though that their crab dishes are the finest and most delicious in whole Miami. Their services however lack in [...]D: 12.4mi00
Things about Miami you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Academia da Cachaça is so typically Brazilian that no bar could be more patriotic-looking like it. It is decorated with the colours of the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Academia da Cachaça bar in Rio de Janeiro
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
When I've arrived in Torino I've visited 'il Palazzo Reale' .
General: Palazzo Reale, Turin
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Magical Journey of Mickey and Minnie, also known as Disney on Ice is an annual ice-skating show which became the favorite of my children....
Family & Fun: Disney on Ice Annual Event in Fort Lauderdale
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT