Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight, Miami, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Miami > Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The whole castle resembled somewhat the ruins of traditional castles except it had a more tropical feeling. There were palm trees here and there, beautiful pink flower bushes, plants and greenery you see only in Mediterranean areas. It was beautiful. Walking through the huge coral blocks from which some looked like benches around a table, armchairs, or a coffee table, you had the feeling you were walking in an underwater apartment! It had a somewhat modern design, but still a kind of Stone Age feeling. It makes you think of Bedrock and the Flintstones! :)
Anyway, I recommend Coral Castle to all those who would like to see interesting sights, or get a glimpse of how an underwater or a Bedrock apartment with modern design would look like.
28655 South Dixie Highway
Miami, FL 33033
Opens daily at 8 am
Recent travel tips for Miami
- Miami Culinary ToursWe had the time of our lives on one of the Miami Culinary Tours.The traditional Cuban cuisine in Miami is extraordinary. So many colors, smells, spices and food assortments that you don't know where to look. There were so many [...]D: n/a00
- Miccosukee Indian Village near MiamiLocated about 27 miles West of Miami, this historic village serves as an art museum in the memory of the Miccosukee tribe who took refuge from the Seminole wars many years ago. They established a village which later became a tourist [...]D: 13.3mi00
- Joe’s Stone Crab in MiamiIt is said that Joe’s is a Miami landmark, because they were the first who discovered and prepared stone crabs. It is true though that their crab dishes are the finest and most delicious in whole Miami. Their services however lack in [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Dolphin Harbor in the Miami SeaquariumI’ve been to many tours, visited many places, went even diving once but meeting and playing with the dolphins in the Seaquarium was the best experience of my life so far. The staff was so helpful, they explained everything and were behind [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Holocaust Memorial-A must-see attractionFinished in 1990 and located on Miami Beach, the Memorial is a legacy to the new generations. It is a reminder of the six million Jewish souls that perished during the Holocaust. Such loss cannot be understood and cannot be depicted… but [...]D: 12mi00
Things about Miami you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
My wife isn't really into fishing, so while she went shopping (which I know can last a few hours), I decided to go to the Marina and 'dive into' my...
Outdoors Activities: The Marina in Fort Lauderdale
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Saint Louis, Missouri
Also known as the portal or getaway to the west, the Getaway Arch is an impressive sight, facing the St. Louis Riverfront. What is really worth it...
Sightseeing: Gateway Arch