Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight, Miami, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Miami > Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The whole castle resembled somewhat the ruins of traditional castles except it had a more tropical feeling. There were palm trees here and there, beautiful pink flower bushes, plants and greenery you see only in Mediterranean areas. It was beautiful. Walking through the huge coral blocks from which some looked like benches around a table, armchairs, or a coffee table, you had the feeling you were walking in an underwater apartment! It had a somewhat modern design, but still a kind of Stone Age feeling. It makes you think of Bedrock and the Flintstones! :)
Anyway, I recommend Coral Castle to all those who would like to see interesting sights, or get a glimpse of how an underwater or a Bedrock apartment with modern design would look like.
28655 South Dixie Highway
Miami, FL 33033
Opens daily at 8 am
Recent travel tips for Miami
- Hollywood blvdIt's a nice blvd to walk at night near the beach look to some stores and eat pizza. [...]D: 2.6mi10
- Azul Restaurant in MiamiThis Azul Restaurant has got the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overpriced. I went to dine there one night, but I was just not pleased with their services. Maybe [...]D: 9.4mi11
- The Fontainebleau Hotel in MiamiOne of the most expensive and luxurious hotels in Miami, Fontainebleau Hotel provides everything one might need to spend a holiday in glamorous pampering. When we chose this hotel with my husband we knew we had to save up money for the [...]D: 12.9mi00
- Blue Moon Hotel – Comfort under the Miami SkyNot expensive, close to the Beach: It was a quiet and peaceful hotel and was only one block away from the beach. It is better to walk down a few meters than to use the hotel pool, because it saves you money and the pool is quite small [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Eleventh Street Diner in MiamiWe enjoyed a great meal in an interesting location when we dined in the Eleventh Street Diner. You can feel the ‘80s, 90’s atmosphere in this cozy little restaurants whose main ‘attraction’ is that it was built out of a dining car. [...]D: 12.4mi00
Things about Miami you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
Being really close to the Belgian border, a few kilometers, belgian influences are to see everywhere. I want to stop now on Belgian Beer. This is a...
Food: Belgian beer in 'The Pub'
Muckross Estate is something you must see if you are in Killarney, although it is out of the city, some 2-3 miles from the city center. Take a tour...
History & Culture: Muckross Estate
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
This cafe is an excellent place to relax and unwind after you have sightseeing Melaka. The drinks severed here is top class. A must try drink at...
Food: Dutch Harbour Cafe
Sightseeing: The Belem Tower
Fort Worth, Texas
Operating since the year 1989, the Hangman's House of Horrors is not only a Fort Worth attractions but the most visited haunted houses in the...
History & Culture: Hangman's House of Horrors
The newly renovated house of General George Crook is beautiful inside and out. There is also an adjoining garden with heirloom plants giving the...
History & Culture: General Crook House Museum
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Cu chi tunnel is a great place to visit to understand how the Viet Congs launched surprise attacks against Americans in the 1960’s....
Sightseeing: Cu Chi Tunnel