Visiting the Miami Metrozoo - An energizing activity, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Miami > Visiting the Miami Metrozoo - An energizing activity
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
When I visited the Miami Metrozoo I felt this energy and vibration again. The only difference was that it was much better this time. I had the opportunity to see such amazing creatures, like the Golden Lion Tamarin, a monkey which is covered with such a bright orange fur; you feel it will catch fire :); the Black Necked Swan, whose little ones are white and beautiful in comparison with the regular swan’s ‘ugly duckling’; and the Indian Rhinos, koalas and the Double-wattled Cassowary, which can live up until 50 years, among others.
If you visit the zoo, you shouldn’t leave out the Amazon and Beyond Exhibit. You will be transported in the Amazon with plants and animals, sounds and smells all around you. Best part of the visit!
12400 Southwest 152nd Street
Miami, FL 33177-1402
Open Daily 9:30am-4pm
Recent travel tips for Miami
- Miami’s Calle Ocho FestivalIt was a huge partyyy. Over 23 blocks of people, music, food and entertainment greeted us at the festival of Calle Ocho last summer. There were street dancers, clowns, magicians, sports teams and over 20 stages with live music. Rows and [...]D: 9mi00
- Azul Restaurant in MiamiThis Azul Restaurant has got the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overpriced. I went to dine there one night, but I was just not pleased with their services. Maybe [...]D: 9.4mi11
- Hollywood blvdIt's a nice blvd to walk at night near the beach look to some stores and eat pizza. [...]D: 2.6mi10
- Eleventh Street Diner in MiamiWe enjoyed a great meal in an interesting location when we dined in the Eleventh Street Diner. You can feel the ‘80s, 90’s atmosphere in this cozy little restaurants whose main ‘attraction’ is that it was built out of a dining car. [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Nikki BeachAmazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen, but that you need quite big bucks to enjoy the advantages of the club. It is always great to [...]D: 12.5mi00
Things about Miami you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
One of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you...
History & Culture: The Great Wall of China
No visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros...
Food: San Gines Chocolate Factory
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Now this a great place to grab lunch or a have a great dinner. Its really for the young at heart, being quite the entertaining dining place. Its...
Food: Tony Boloney's
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
We met up with our guide on the day of the tour and from the first moment we felt as we had known each other or years. He was so direct with us,...
Outdoors Activities: AZ Hummer Tours around Phoenix