Plaza del Cibeles, Madrid, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Madrid > Plaza del Cibeles
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
In the center of the square there is a huge fountain featuring Cybeles, fertility goddess on her chariot pulled by lions. Around the fountain you will find the most beautiful buildings of Madrid.
The most famous and - I think - the most beautiful one is the Palacio de Comunicaciones, the post office. It was built in the 19 century and it mixes several architectural styles.
There is traffic almost every time, but the square is still worth visiting.
Plaza de Cibeles, 28014 Madrid, Spain
How to get there:
Walk up on the Paeo del Prado or take the metro, Banco de Espana station.
Recent travel tips for Madrid
- The chocolate factory and other fascinating sightsA very walkable cosmopolitan city and extremely pleasant in February. Fantastic food, fun and great people, be sure to take a walking tour of the chocolate factory. [...]D: n/a00
- Stadium Santiago BernabeuEver heard of the best soccer team in the world? if you have that you might know that there team is located in Madrid, Spain. Stadium Santiago Bernabeu has been home to the Real Madrid since Dec 14, 1947 and has been the center piece for [...]D: n/a00
- The EscorialYou should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Chocolatería San GinésWhen people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is that I usually hear bad comments about them because most people dont really know where to go. [...]D: n/a01
- San Gines Chocolate FactoryNo visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros for over 100 years since 1894. The practically dont have anything but chocolate and [...]D: n/a00
Things about Madrid you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
The fantastic ice range of the Cordillera Huayhuash is renowned for knife-edged 20,000-foot peaks that attract mountaineers from around the world....
Outdoors Activities: Trekking Hiking Cordillera Blanca Cordillera Huayhuash Peru
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
Many people don't care, or don't realize that cats are gentle and sensitive creatures, even the big one, like tigers or leopards need...
Family & Fun: Big Cat Rescue