Plaza del Cibeles, Madrid, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Madrid > Plaza del Cibeles
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
In the center of the square there is a huge fountain featuring Cybeles, fertility goddess on her chariot pulled by lions. Around the fountain you will find the most beautiful buildings of Madrid.
The most famous and - I think - the most beautiful one is the Palacio de Comunicaciones, the post office. It was built in the 19 century and it mixes several architectural styles.
There is traffic almost every time, but the square is still worth visiting.
Plaza de Cibeles, 28014 Madrid, Spain
How to get there:
Walk up on the Paeo del Prado or take the metro, Banco de Espana station.
Recent travel tips for Madrid
- The EscorialYou should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- San Gines Chocolate FactoryNo visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros for over 100 years since 1894. The practically dont have anything but chocolate and [...]D: n/a00
- Royal PalaceThe Royal Palace used to be the residence of the Spanish kings and queens. Now it is only used for official ceremonies and when foreign diplomats come. It is opened for visitors every day (except when it is used for the official reasons [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Chocolatería San GinésWhen people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is that I usually hear bad comments about them because most people dont really know where to go. [...]D: n/a01
- The chocolate factory and other fascinating sightsA very walkable cosmopolitan city and extremely pleasant in February. Fantastic food, fun and great people, be sure to take a walking tour of the chocolate factory. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Madrid you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
There is no man on the earth who would not find the tango one of the most beautiful dances in the world. To see is in Argentina, one of its homes...
Night Life & Entertainment: Tango Show in El Viejo Almacen
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns