Plaza del Cibeles, Madrid, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Madrid > Plaza del Cibeles
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
In the center of the square there is a huge fountain featuring Cybeles, fertility goddess on her chariot pulled by lions. Around the fountain you will find the most beautiful buildings of Madrid.
The most famous and - I think - the most beautiful one is the Palacio de Comunicaciones, the post office. It was built in the 19 century and it mixes several architectural styles.
There is traffic almost every time, but the square is still worth visiting.
Plaza de Cibeles, 28014 Madrid, Spain
How to get there:
Walk up on the Paeo del Prado or take the metro, Banco de Espana station.
Recent travel tips for Madrid
- San Gines Chocolate FactoryNo visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros for over 100 years since 1894. The practically dont have anything but chocolate and [...]D: n/a00
- The EscorialYou should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Chocolatería San GinésWhen people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is that I usually hear bad comments about them because most people dont really know where to go. [...]D: n/a01
- Royal PalaceThe Royal Palace used to be the residence of the Spanish kings and queens. Now it is only used for official ceremonies and when foreign diplomats come. It is opened for visitors every day (except when it is used for the official reasons [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Stadium Santiago BernabeuEver heard of the best soccer team in the world? if you have that you might know that there team is located in Madrid, Spain. Stadium Santiago Bernabeu has been home to the Real Madrid since Dec 14, 1947 and has been the center piece for [...]D: n/a00
Things about Madrid you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
Florescharm Tours and Travel_ Local travel agent based in labuan bajo flores island
General: Labuan bajo
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
This temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi...
Family & Fun: Mahudi Jain Temple
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Traditional Irish pub meets giant sports bar in this downtown Chicago venue. Not the place for you if you want a quiet pint in the corner, but a...
Night Life & Entertainment: Timothy O'Toole's Pub
San Diego, California
Bali Hai Restaurant boasts a fantastic view over the harbor and the skyline of San Diego. The restaurant offers a variety of foods from Hawaii in a...
Food: Bali Hai Restaurant
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt