Royal Palace, Madrid, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Madrid > Royal Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It is opened for visitors every day (except when it is used for the official reasons mentioned). There are guided tours, but you can just walk on your own in the rooms and beautiful gardens.
The palace is amazing from the inside, the beautifully decorated rooms really show who lived here, you can somehow feel it in the air. Unfortunately, you can't take pictures inside the building, only in the gardens. :)
With guide: 9 Euros
Without guide: 8 Euros
From Monday to Saturday - 9:30am to 17:00pm
On Sunday - 9:00am to 14:00pm.
How to get there:
Metro Line 2 and 5: Opera Station.
Recent travel tips for Madrid
- The EscorialYou should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- San Gines Chocolate FactoryNo visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros for over 100 years since 1894. The practically dont have anything but chocolate and [...]D: n/a00
- The chocolate factory and other fascinating sightsA very walkable cosmopolitan city and extremely pleasant in February. Fantastic food, fun and great people, be sure to take a walking tour of the chocolate factory. [...]D: n/a00
- Chocolatería San GinésWhen people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is that I usually hear bad comments about them because most people dont really know where to go. [...]D: n/a01
- Plaza del CibelesPlaza del Cibeles (Cybeles Square) is the most beautiful part of Madrid. It is surrounded by huge and impressive buildings. In the center of the square there is a huge fountain featuring Cybeles, fertility goddess on her chariot pulled [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Madrid you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
If you don't wear fancy pants, if you search for something rather cheap than comfortable for accommodation in Paris, you should definitely take...
General: Accomodation in Hostels
Liverpool, United Kingdom
The Liverpool Cathedral is an amazing experience for everyone. It has a lot of attractions, exhibitions that you must see and experience if you are...
History & Culture: The Liverpool Cathedral
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Food is excellent and they have the best prices in town during happy hour, many things for $1. Unbeatable. Staff is also great, the environment...
Food: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar and Grille
This restaurant is one of the finest, and most sought-after places in Philly, and no wonder because their mainly Japanese cuisine, but basically...
Food: Buddakan Restaurant in Philadelphia
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Definitely worth to visit the Meritage Restaurant in Saint Paul. The service is excellent, though may be a bit slow on a busy day. The food is...
Food: Meritage Restaurant
Da Nang, Vietnam
If you are keen on to spend a holiday to Vietnam a bit different from usual itineraries that almost everyone follow it then there’s something...
Sightseeing: Motorbike holiday to Vietnam